Brawl Minus 4.0b Bug Report Thread

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Brawl Minus 4.0b is still a beta, so there's bound to be a few bugs or unintended changes. If you run into any of them, post them here so we may fix them for 4.0!

Confirmed bugs:
Subspace still crashes
Crashes on Master Hand in Classic Mode.
During a match of grab the coins, the amount of coins a player has will not show onscreen.
Minus Portraits: Wairo's light blue outfit is shown as green in game on his stock picture, Jigglypuff has Nurse Hat Portrait on Sleepy Hat

Bowser
Flying Slam cannot impale R.O.B.

Falco
Falco still can't use all four of his jumps in the Subspace Emissary!

Game and Watch
-Sometimes, his Judge cooldown timer will go on indefinitely, leaving him unable to use Judge for the rest of the stock.

Ganondorf
-Ganondorf can Cancel aerial Warlock Punch on-hit, but aerial Reverse Warlock Punch cannot be Cancelled on-hit like it should be able to.
-Gandouken needs to have its Y Offsets adjusted; it does not line up with 'Dorf's arm properly, most noticeably when fired aerially.

Ike
-Ike seems to have a 22% damage hitbox near Ragnell's hilt while charging Eruption in the air.
-If you release Ike's Eruption as soon as it's fully charged and not a moment after, he'll say "Prepare yourself!" and perform a basic uncharged Eruption instead of the fully charged variant.

Kirby
-Ganondorf Kirby's Reverse Warlock Punch hitbox needs adjusting; it doesn't reach far enough in front, and it can hit opponents behind Kirby.
-When using his Final Smash, Kirby cannot absorb the other Ice Climber and will keep trying, effectively soft-locking the game.
-Marth Kirby's attack at all charges does not have the lasting hitbox that Marth has.
-If Kirby does his upB, cancels into helplessness, does his upB again, cancels again, etc., he has infinite recovery.

Link
His left eye vanishes during Back Slice

Peach
-Can cancel shield break with Turnip Pull while she is still in the air

Pichu
-His model's still weird
-The fact that his other costumes have visible legs has me curious, and will need investigating.

Lucario
When Lucario uses ultra-taunt, if he's launched offstage RIGHT before the hitboxes come out, he will teleport back to where he stood and complete the ultra taunt.

Meta Knight
Training mode registers MKs downthrow to do ten damage, where it only does five.

Pit
There is potential to mash UpB to fly forever.

Pokemon Trainer
-If you do a move as they die, they will do that move the moment they respawn
-When going back to the CSS after a match as them, they will change into either their opponent's character or Toon Link

Roy
-Hitting Roy during his final smash has him keep the glow, essentially holding Smash Balls hostage
-Roy appears much smaller than normal in the Results screen.
-Face gets screwy when doing a Air Dash
-Sometimes Roy's sword glow changes to White, and it remains this way until the game is restarted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
The 4.0b changelog didn't mention it, so I'll re-post this one:

Ganondorf Kirby's Reverse Warlock Punch hitbox needs adjusting; it doesn't reach far enough in front, and it can hit opponents behind Kirby.

UPDATE: Here's some pics I forgot I had, which show the hitbox problem.
W6dLIpa.jpg

Q1pz0El.jpg

QL30rvL.jpg

obA5Gui.jpg

Last edited:

Mariosonicman1

i just discovered a hilarious glitch XD
when you grab a thunderbolt when roy is in his final smash animation, he keeps the smash ball effect. but will be unable to use it. when a cpu roy is using it, he will spam that b button like no tomorrow X3

also i dout this counts as a bug but... on some of pichus victory animations, it looks like her lower body is disjointed from her feet and clips through the floor sometimes.

Mariosonicman1

im really not sure if this counts as a bug or not... but pichus mouth has some.... wierd disortions every now and again, the down taunt pretty much makes pichu look horrifying if you look at it from up close. heck, pichus feet dont even touch the ground, course these are all just visual bugs, but if they count as bugs ill put em here.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
And as soon as I mention that more Pichu stuff comes up lol. But yeah, Pichu's model and animations being awful are a known thing, and while we would love to re-rig and re-animate him it would just be too time consuming given our limited animation ability.

Mariosonicman1

well thats what 4.0 is for right? i just hope you get a decent animator to help you out.

regardless, i have the bug where my game still crashes when doing co-op home run contests... im not sure if its because of how my game downloaded the latest update or not, but it still doesnt work properly.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Okay, looks like when assembling 4.0b for release we accidentally included the wrong version of BrawlEx. Since this wont affect online syncing we'll be pushing out a hotfix asap.

Jackpot

some angry little twerp
Sonic's Knuckles costume still doesn't show up. The pf/fighter/sonic folder notably lacks a FitSonic01.pac file, and the FitSonic01.pcs file seems to be corrupted. This is the case in both the vBrawl portrait and Minus portrait builds.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
We will be releasing a hotpatch later today to fix Home Run Contest and Sonic and Knuckles, but other issues will be contained in a "Known bugs" list in the OP.

Sonic's Knuckles costume still doesn't show up. The pf/fighter/sonic folder notably lacks a FitSonic01.pac file, and the FitSonic01.pcs file seems to be corrupted. This is the case in both the vBrawl portrait and Minus portrait builds.
Seems you're right. This will be included in a hotpatch coming later today.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Add to the list:

Ike can't cancel Quickdraw into itself or into specials while on the ground>

Captain Falcon seems unable to jump-cancel up-smash out of Falcon Kick, or perhaps the timing has just gotten more strict.

Also, how is DACUS performed in Minus? I find I do it accidentally. PM has taught me to do dash attack, down c-stick, up-Z for DACUS, but I'm assuming Minus has simplified it?

Lucis Perficio

Wario's crate can still be easily used against him if it is hit while he's standing on it. Not sure if that's a glitch or not.

Mariosonicman1

is the hotfix gonna have its own seprate link? or will i have to redownload the whole file?

Lucis Perficio

When Lucario uses ultra-taunt, if he's launched offstage RIGHT before the hitboxes come out, he will teleport back to where he stood and complete the ultra taunt. This has been present since 3.Q

Lucis Perficio

Ike's AI still doesn't use quickdraw or wall jumps to recover. In fact, hardly any character uses wall jumps or techs when operated by AI. Despite this the AI seems a bit more sophisticated.

Lucis Perficio

Yes. In addition, all of the things you listed outside of the Ultra Taunt bug are also intentional. The AI one is due to not having much in regards to AI Editing.

So Ike's quickdraw being uncancellable into itself or specials on the ground is also intentional? Is that something he had in 2.x.6?

Lucis Perficio

Yes. He was never able to cancel grounded Quick Draws into Specials.

No disrespect bc you are the admin, but that's not true at all! There have been countless times in 3.Q where I my victory would hinge on how well I bait ppl into a position in which I can QD>counter QD>Aether or QD>Eruption. This was possible even without NSM. I even have some such instances recorded on my game file.

Lucis Perficio

Lucario's aura sphere no longer grows according to his aura. It's a uniform size now. I've also read that apparently he doesn't gain any knockback or damage potential as he should?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Lucario's aura sphere no longer grows according to his aura. It's a uniform size now. I've also read that apparently he doesn't gain any knockback or damage potential as he should?
Pretty sure they messed up his aura percents so he gains no real advantage from being damaged. Don't use his ultrataunt.

Lucis Perficio

Also, has the meteor hit on aether been removed? It seems that no matter how I space it I can't quite meteor someone unless I grab the ledge upon hitting them with the 2nd to last hit. If I try to edgeguard them with the meteor they end up being sent at a ~45 degree angle. Useful onstage, and can be used for setups offstage, that is until it launches your opponents to the upper corners of the stage. lol