Brawl Minus 4.0 Changelog Preview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariosonicman1

what does it mean for bowser castle alt restored under peach castle? is there a new bowser stage on the 64 level?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
what does it mean for bowser castle alt restored under peach castle? is there a new bowser stage on the 64 level?
Same stage (Peach's Castle 64), different lighting and background.

It's a bit too dark for me, but I guess it's a neat hidden feature.

Thor

Same stage (Peach's Castle 64), different lighting and background.

It's a bit too dark for me, but I guess it's a neat hidden feature.

The platform also doesn't move all the way in, aka there is always a grabbable ledge on both sides of the base stage.

And I never really thought of it as a Bowser's Castle addition so much as, "Peach's Castle: Twilight version"... Bowser's Castle is something I think PM got the flavor of much better, if that's actually meant to be Bowser's Castle...

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
The platform also doesn't move all the way in, aka there is always a grabbable ledge on both sides of the base stage.

And I never really thought of it as a Bowser's Castle addition so much as, "Peach's Castle: Twilight version"... Bowser's Castle is something I think PM got the flavor of much better, if that's actually meant to be Bowser's Castle...
That's pretty much how I feel about Project M in a nutshell. Minus delivers the fun without worrying about looks, which makes it look unprofessional. Then again, jacking up the power level way past 9000 is already a stupid awesome idea. Project M wanted to deliver for Melee fans, but started to want everything to look gorgeous. This makes it look professional and stuffed with quality. And they recolored the CSPs for the costumes they changed. Sorry, had to get that last part out. Playing the vBrawl art version of Minus is slightly annoying, because a) they don't change the CSPs according to the costume and b) I can't stand Minus art. I'm sorry Pin, I'm not a fan of your art. I certainly like the idea of putting drawings in, though, and I can't wait to see the updated Minus art for 4.0 full.

Thor

That's pretty much how I feel about Project M in a nutshell. Minus delivers the fun without worrying about looks, which makes it look unprofessional. Then again, jacking up the power level way past 9000 is already a stupid awesome idea. Project M wanted to deliver for Melee fans, but started to want everything to look gorgeous. This makes it look professional and stuffed with quality. And they recolored the CSPs for the costumes they changed. Sorry, had to get that last part out. Playing the vBrawl art version of Minus is slightly annoying, because a) they don't change the CSPs according to the costume and b) I can't stand Minus art. I'm sorry Pin, I'm not a fan of your art. I certainly like the idea of putting drawings in, though, and I can't wait to see the updated Minus art for 4.0 full.

I think Minus is gorgeous, with a ton of well-made stages and great characters. I just don't think Peach's Castle's alternate is well-described as "Bowser's Castle."

They have Minusy CSPs as far as I know.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I think Minus is gorgeous, with a ton of well-made stages and great characters. I just don't think Peach's Castle's alternate is well-described as "Bowser's Castle."

They have Minusy CSPs as far as I know.
Again, no disrespect's to any of the devs, but which stages are you referring to? I can't recall any Minus-made stages right now.
List some Minusy CSPs in Project M. I Can't think of a single Minusy CSP in Project M.

Thor

Again, no disrespect's to any of the devs, but which stages are you referring to? I can't recall any Minus-made stages right now.
List some Minusy CSPs in Project M. I Can't think of a single Minusy CSP in Project M.

First of all, I meant Brawl Minus has Brawl CSPs and Minus CSPs. I should have been more clear when I said "They". So if you don't like Brawl CSPs, get the Minus ones?

As for Minus stages, I believe Lavendar Town and the current New Pork City are made by the devs. I'd cite the 64 stages, but I think those were appropriated from elsewhere.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
First of all, I meant Brawl Minus has Brawl CSPs and Minus CSPs. I should have been more clear when I said "They". So if you don't like Brawl CSPs, get the Minus ones?

As for Minus stages, I believe Lavender Town and the current New Pork City are made by the devs. I'd cite the 64 stages, but I think those were appropriated from elsewhere.
Well, this has been a series of misunderstandings on both our parts.
I thought I saw Lavender Town on BrawlVault somewhere, but now that I think about it, they did make the new New Pork City.
What I meant when I started talking about CSPs was that I wish someone would recolor the vBrawl CSPs to reflect the textures that the Dev Team made. For example, Lucario. He has a Blaziken and a Rayquaza skin, but the CSPs are untouched. I can't change them myself because the vBrawl CSPs are difficult to mess with. I tried with Roy's vBrawl CSP so that I could make CSPs for the textures I made for the Community cbliss comp, and the quick selection tool/magic wand just wouldn't cooperate.

Mariosonicman1

what i would find hilarious is if the brawl minus stages got the minus art drawing on them. id love to see how silly/stupid it would look.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
what i would find hilarious is if the brawl minus stages got the minus art drawing on them. id love to see how silly/stupid it would look.
I think that would look nice. I don't think there would be any way to make it look ugly or anything. The only problem I could think of is that landscapes and junk are harder to do than people, or at least, that's how it is for me.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
IOURfIo.png

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Please I have enough work to do as it is

Then from there I'd probably get suggested to draw the entire game, and that's a scary thought.

Mariosonicman1

im just laughing seeing the replies i got from that comment XD

anyways, do you think we will have another changelog update during summer? or do you think the game will be closer to done at that time?

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
im just laughing seeing the replies i got from that comment XD

anyways, do you think we will have another changelog update during summer? or do you think the game will be closer to done at that time?
Updates of varying sizes are given out at the end of official tournaments. I really suggest you to watch the next official tournament.

If you're referring to this thread, I'll update it with whatever is revealed (and a few other details possibly) as time goes on. These will be in seperate spoiler tags so you can see what is new right away.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I just want to know what other changes 'Dorf is getting. And if Snake is getting anything.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I want MOAR CANCELS FOAR MARTH. As if he doesn't already have an insane mixup game with aerial shield breaker.
MOAR ROY CANCELS. As if the rule from above isn't still in effect here.
I know!
Make aerial Flare Blade a vertically spinning attack. It'd be OP, but AWESOME.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
Updates of varying sizes are given out at the end of official tournaments. I really suggest you to watch the next official tournament.

If you're referring to this thread, I'll update it with whatever is revealed (and a few other details possibly) as time goes on. These will be in seperate spoiler tags so you can see what is new right away.
When is the next official tourney :D?

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
When is the next official tourney :D?
Maybe the tourney is a battle not fought in the game, but the mind. Sense I totally just figured it out, I demand this changelog be updated. MAKE IT HAPPEN CAPTAIN

Thor

I want MOAR CANCELS FOAR MARTH. As if he doesn't already have an insane mixup game with aerial shield breaker.
MOAR ROY CANCELS. As if the rule from above isn't still in effect here.
I know!
Make aerial Flare Blade a vertically spinning attack. It'd be OP, but AWESOME.

I hope you're aware that angled up dancing blade's last hit kills consistently at around 110% [maybe that's not the right number, but I've killed Peach at about 90% with it, and she died fast enough that I think it'd kill earlier.]

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I hope you're aware that angled up dancing blade's last hit kills consistently at around 110% [maybe that's not the right number, but I've killed Peach at about 90% with it, and she died fast enough that I think it'd kill earlier.]
Oh yeah.

Forgot about that.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
Huh... I think we should make DB an auto-link move, and increase the last hit KBG by around 50-100.

Thor

Huh... I think we should make DB an auto-link move, and increase the last hit KBG by around 50-100.

OHKOs without substantial risk or massive startup [or both] that don't belong to Sonic are frowned upon. And that might not OHKO but it'd come awful close... so no.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
OHKOs without substantial risk or massive startup [or both] that don't belong to Sonic are frowned upon. And that might not OHKO but it'd come awful close... so no.
Nice one. Sonic's dair is ludicrous.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I hope the Minus Temple gets readded in 4.0(WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE)

Status
Not open for further replies.