Smash 4 Matchmaking Thread

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Really? Everytime I play the lag isn't bad at all. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. My internet isn't the best but haven't had many problems with it on smash. I'll look into it.

NEWB

GaMeZ, your provider would be stupid to tell you otherwise...

I actually had some lag today with anyone. Maybe it was because my bro was playing league on the computer.

GaMeZ

Was it like that though, Aero, is what I'm asking. Generally my games so far have been really nice. Not to say the matches were God awful, they were just the worst, which isn't saying much because they are generally perfect.

And NEWB, I mean I pay for more for the better stuff. And the connection is for sure dependent on the network strain. If I run youtube while Smashing online, it chugs a bit more for sure. I forgot what it was like having to shut down my music or videos for a game. Havent done that since the days of CoD.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Well I guess I see the problem. I was experiencing next to no lag. It didn't just freeze on me like one match did against one guy. I have alot of things connecting to the internet. 2 computers, smart tv, blu-ray player, ipad, kindle fire, ipod, 3DS, and phone. Note: I don't use all this stuff. I have others in my home. I do apologize to you since I wasn't aware that it was causing you major problems. But there's not much I can do about it. Usually alot of my matches have little to no lag so I assume it's the same for the other person. The best I can do for anyone is to turn off my ipod and computer while playing some smash. Just added ya Bent.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I should be available for a bit once I'm settled in. Let me know if anyone wants to play

GaMeZ

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhure!

And no offense if I came off harsh Aero. I dont mean it like "ITS THE WORST EVER", I mean it like "This connection is unpleasant compared to what I generally have accustomed myself with, due to me playing with chaps in the same state. Enjoy yourself, kind sir."

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Oh well I have mostly played with people everywhere now. So i'm kinda used to it. As I think you already know I live in Texas. The only time it was ever bad was in a match with someone in the UK it froze for like a good 30 seconds. It happened multiple times. I nearly wanted to just disconnect. But couldn't because then nintendo would block me from using the services for awhile and that's ghey. Do you guys know about that? If you diconnect from the match by quitting you will be unable to play online for a while. It really sucks when you got to leave your house to do something. Or have someone trying to get you to do something.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
I've played Aero and the match didn't really lag or nothing :/ Maybe it was just me though.

Horizon Beam OP samurai pls nerf. But seriously, Horizon Beam is the best power, I usually run it with heals and hammer. I tried Spinning blades but I didn't really love em at the time. What's great about em?

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Real talk, has anyone here been having issues with Little Mac players? I have never once had the huge problems VS Mac everyone else keeps complaining about but people insist he's too OP and ruins the fun.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
If you know how to fight him, he's not trouble.

>Know how to fight.
> Insinuating that most people play the game to a half-decent degree.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Little Mac isn't all THAT OP. He is amazing on the ground, but he has a very low double jump and his up and side special give very little recovery ability. Push him off the stage and HE'S DEAD.

GaMeZ

Ive heard constant complaining about his over saturating online, and even seen articles from websites about how hes so often played and so OP that online is ruined.

I have neither seen that many Macs at all except for in For Fun and haven't seen any that are really good anyways. He's picked just for the easy KO punch that come with the territory of 4-ways, just as I pick Bowser for his surprise lethal smash attacks.

I don't get it. People need to git gud.

NEWB

Right now, conquest probably has more people playing little Mac.

And yeah, people are just scrubs. I have problems with little Mac, but I KNOW that's because I don't know to play against him yet.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Ive heard constant complaining about his over saturating online, and even seen articles from websites about how hes so often played and so OP that online is ruined.

I have neither seen that many Macs at all except for in For Fun and haven't seen any that are really good anyways. He's picked just for the easy KO punch that come with the territory of 4-ways, just as I pick Bowser for his surprise lethal smash attacks.

I don't get it. People need to git gud.

Sounds like stupid clickbaity articles :confused: People are too new to smash I guess and can't be bothered to learn to make reads I mean...Mac is a pretty telegraphed fighter. Most gifs I've seen of Mac are people doing Side B off the stage o_O Shield grab him, do an up throw and go to town. I guess I don't get it, I've been playing Smash games for too long to fall for stupid shit like that I suppose.

So on the subject of Smash, what's gonna happen to Brawl Minus? Is it gonna be continued?

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
It's very likely. I mean, school, Smash 4 and work will delay another release, but I think we've got enough supporters of Minus to keep it going.

NEWB

Absolutely. It would probably take a major release to get me back into minus though. I'm all for power tweaks that bring everyone down/up to the same levels or a good starting point but it feels like minus does it a lot. I understand why it needs to do that since minus has become a concept that is pretty much abstract but smash 4 has too much to dig in to right now for me to do anything minus related untill the next patch.

Or if devs ask me to test stuff or something but it's not like I'm a play tester or even part of the BR. I'm all for being helpful but that isn't happening.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I knew from the beginning that everyone was going to play little mac. I myself have always had a match with little mac almost every match i'm in. They usually throw out side B or attempt to hit me with neutral B. I think people just don't realize there's more than one character in the game. I have fought one good little mac. He knew how he worked and actually wasn't throwing out random specials. Hopefully this fad of people wanting only little mac will die over. I even have friends that have said that they will main little mac.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Absolutely. It would probably take a major release to get me back into minus though. I'm all for power tweaks that bring everyone down/up to the same levels or a good starting point but it feels like minus does it a lot. I understand why it needs to do that since minus has become a concept that is pretty much abstract but smash 4 has too much to dig in to right now for me to do anything minus related untill the next patch.

Or if devs ask me to test stuff or something but it's not like I'm a play tester or even part of the BR. I'm all for being helpful but that isn't happening.

Yeah I really like Minus. I'd love a Smash 4 Minus someday but there is just SO MUCH STUFF in the game that it'd probably be a colossal undertaking to do anything with it and that's without going into whether or not either game version can be hacked to begin with o_O I'd love to help in an effort like that but I have no coding knowledge and no prior game testing experience.

I've been trying to do Smash run with all the characters and have made some minor observations, I'm sure plenty of people figured the following out but : If you equip enough stuff to buff your Atk beyond 100 points, your moves will start to cause hitstun and knockback to sturdier enemies like Metroids and Stalfos knights for example who may I say I find to be a HUGE PAIN IN THE POSTERIOR because even hammers and horizon beams don't do KB/Hitstun to em and they usually just laugh it off but 100+ attack makes it easier to deal with em. I usually go for a 100+ set up with buffed speed and go to town. And you can just kill a lot of enemies by smashing em off screen.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
1. In Smash Run, taunting gives +1 to a random stat.
2. I highly doubt that there will be Smash 4 Minus. The 3DS has already been hacked but TO MY KNOWLEDGE no game hack exists. And as for the Wii U, I heard some people tried to hack it for a long time, and all they were able to do was change some fonts. And then Nintendo patched it. Maybe the Minus team will change the movesets from Brawl to Smash 4 then break them lol.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
1. In Smash Run, taunting gives +1 to a random stat.
2. I highly doubt that there will be Smash 4 Minus. The 3DS has already been hacked but TO MY KNOWLEDGE no game hack exists. And as for the Wii U, I heard some people tried to hack it for a long time, and all they were able to do was change some fonts. And then Nintendo patched it. Maybe the Minus team will change the movesets from Brawl to Smash 4 then break them lol.

That idea sounds plausible enough to me.

So I think I was a bit quick to jump the gun on my assumption. I've been playing smash run with everyone in order and I think you just have to have a very high attack instead of just past a certain number but I can't tell if the high stat varies with character. Hard hitters obviously have no problem knocking the Smash Run monsters around but people like Sheik don't do much even with the extra oomph.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
So, I been thinking it would be a good idea to have some type of ruling with these matchamking thread. Like whether there should be custom movesets on or off. Or Miis, etc. Like I have alot of the custom moves now. And it would be lame just to have them go to waste. Also there is certain stages I can't stand. Fuck tomodachi life stage. Everytime I have played there I have been at a disadvantage.