Smash 4 Matchmaking Thread

NEWB

I have added everyone. I don't feel like playing right now though as I've been playing friends for the past 6 and a half hours.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Great matches, Aero! I need to practice my Shulk, I'm awful with him :/ I'll play again some other time though, I need sleep X_X

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Your shulk has potential. You just need to start feeling it and use the monado arts more efficiently. If you think you're going to get killed use defense. If you are at low percents. Use buster. When you want your kills use smash. To recover use jump and for mix ups use speed. I don't know why I didn't choose shulk. He's my main XD. Had no idea why I chose little mac. Anyways good matches. I added you NEWB.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Also if anyone is interested in going against me I got a lobby open.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Your shulk has potential. You just need to start feeling it and use the monado arts more efficiently. If you think you're going to get killed use defense. If you are at low percents. Use buster. When you want your kills use smash. To recover use jump and for mix ups use speed. I don't know why I didn't choose shulk. He's my main XD. Had no idea why I chose little mac. Anyways good matches. I added you NEWB.

I mostly use Buster a lot but I need to get used to switching Monado more efficiently. And I need to get used to doing it on the move, just standing there is gonna get me killed before it helps. But at least I know my Megaman and DK are solid even though my DK could use a tiny bit of work.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Buster does more damage. But it also allows your opponents to do more damage to you as well. That's mainly the reason you were dying out there. You kept getting hit with buster on. Your DK could use some touching up. Megaman was fine with me. Overall if that one guy wasn't always in my way I would be able to give you a decent assessment. You also have alot of custom moves too. I hardly used any in all those matches. Mainly because all the characters I use don't get dope moves like megaman. Also learning how to use monado arts on the go is a MUST. Switch often. More likely or not people will know what art does what and WILL take advantage of your weaknesses.
Most importantly always taunt. It's my signature strategy.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Buster does more damage. But it also allows your opponents to do more damage to you as well. That's mainly the reason you were dying out there. You kept getting hit with buster on. Your DK could use some touching up. Megaman was fine with me. Overall if that one guy wasn't always in my way I would be able to give you a decent assessment. You also have alot of custom moves too. I hardly used any in all those matches. Mainly because all the characters I use don't get dope moves like megaman. Also learning how to use monado arts on the go is a MUST. Switch often. More likely or not people will know what art does what and WILL take advantage of your weaknesses.
Most importantly always taunt. It's my signature strategy.

Lonk and Megaman need Custom moves to unlock their full power. Lonk's heavy arrows are amazing, I was doing so much with them in that last match in Arena Ferox. I was mostly experimenting with DK's customs though, I only have a few of his. I really need a better Up B so he can actually recover :( I need to make better reads with DK and not go for stupid stuff like fair when it won't actually land.

>Decide to play Smash Run before bed to get DK moves
>Down to 1 second on the clock
>A TAC suddenly steals all my stats at the same time
>TIME!
:mad::mad::mad:

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Screw smash run. They always screw me over with their mimicuties so overpowered. It would of been fine if I was a strong hitter like little mac. But sadly Robin just doesn't cut it.

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
I find if you attach as many attack boosting equipment as possible, even characters like sonic can hit hard. It makes it easier to beat things for custom parts. Alternatively, you could attach a bunch of speed boosting stuff and search for chests, but the fighting of enemy's works better more often.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I still have yet to fight a Sanic player on this gane. No one loves Sanic Speed.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Smash run is never that hard. I usually always win. It's just the boss enemies that are annoying. Especially dark nuts.

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
I dunno, those fake chests always beat the crap out of me. But seriously, use powers. The meteor ones great from bosses to target smash to smashing crystals. Also would like to point out how fun it is to have Ganondorf out run Sanic in the dash contest. Jogging to victory, all the way.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
I still have yet to fight a Sanic player on this gane. No one loves Sanic Speed.

I use Sanic, he got amazing in this game. Actually feels fast, can combo, homing attack got really good but the best part is he can ACTUALLY KO now :eek:

For Smash Run powers I use Horizon beam all the time, it's so good ;) I try to use Heavenly Light but...it's not quite helpful enough. Power Bombs are decent too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

Buster should really only be used if you think you can get a combo going... or at high percents where you've already used armor so go crazy.

Here's an explanation of the pros and cons of each Monado arts - I personally open with Buster all the time when I play as Shulk (though I don't play him much), but it's definitely a matter of preference since there is risk/reward at play:

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Monado_Arts

So it turns out I can't connect to dorm Wi-Fi and am confined to playing locally. I will try to connect to the other internet option (which is generally slower and much less reliable) but at this point it seems like I'm just not able to get online to play people :mad:: [

EDIT: In Smash Run I like my level 5 horizon beam (5 uses) or my level 4 spinning swords 3 uses but worth it)- the swords are SO GOOD at breaking crystals (cleared the hard level crystal break in 17 seconds with them, you get 30 normally) and do INSANE damage - they also actually protect you from those stupid chickens if they attack while the swords are up. I think I prefer the swords most of the time, though the beam definitely puts in work, especially against that floating thing that also appears on Reset Bomb Fortress stage on the second transformation.

GaMeZ

If anyone wants any tips for Smash Run, I take a hammer item and star power, along with some horizon beams every time(Some warps and shuffles are good too, if you ditch the horizons). For every character, I just roam for the side areas that have power ups laying about, and if I come across a cluster of enemies, a boss (Hades Heart-looking enemy thats chained up, Bonkers) or have a hard challenge in a door, I use my powers. Get 3 of them to at least 700 every time.

Seriously. Hammers crush all. They last forever, they're cheap to use, you get 5.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
In smash run I nearly always use horizon beam. Until I got those spinning blades. Mannnnnnnnnn those spinning blades got me feeling like vergil. Robin never felt so good.

Anyways going into detail on how I prefer my Shulk. I always start with "Now it's Shulk time" Of course I might get hit. But at least the opponent knows it's Shulk time. I do start with buster. No point to leave it off at 0%. Use his surprisingly long range aerials. uair and dair is alright but nair and fair is what hits people. And tricking people up with the fsmash is always useful. People forget there is two actions with the usmash and the fsmash. If you're at 100% - 190% (don't ask why you would still be alive at that point. Trust me you will be) Using defense is a good idea. and if you have custom move on. Turn on the hyper Monado arts. It allows the arts to last longer but you can't turn them off you'll have to wait. I use speed just to get on people and pressure them. And I use jump to get away from people. I only use smash when my opponent is in the red and i'm not. Counter is your friend. It will and can kill people. Just beware of bad match-ups. Like Bowser Jr. , or Duck Hunt. Those guys are really annoying.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Don't know what he's talking about. All I got to say is robin can't kill nobody tho and the mii gunner has like the best fsmash in the game his shit goes mad far. And that tomodachi life stage was BS and you know it. Despite those three things. Good matches. I was trying my hardest not to give in to temptation and just use toon link. But it looks like I had no choice. Too bad I couldn't save replays. I have too many.

GaMeZ

It was the worst lag I've experienced so far. I pay for the good stuff according to my provider. Is it always like that for you Aero? Because if so, you gotta fix it. I can't fight a Toon Link droppin Arrows and Boomerangs at 10 frames a second.