New Buff ideas

Baby_Sneak

forget that, we should give out more
  • Movement options
  • moveset versatility
  • fun, excitingly powerful characters
movement options like, airdashes, aerial approach attacks (ganon choke, robo copter, falcon kick ,wizard foot, etc...) air dodge cancel, shield canceled approach attacks. we could do it in alot of ways.
moveset versatility. characters like Zard, ICs, Pichu, and other bottom tier chars rely on a couple moves, or combinations to stay strong. I suggested some changes up top for Zard, we just need a new IC (think of a "stance" character ), and pichu (Had a brillant idea. Make him dmg himself when he whiffs, and heal himself when he makes makes contact, getting the point across that "you suck at spacing" at your opponent. also, he needs a movement option, speed alone isn't going to help him reach the opponent with those safety pin sized limbs).
WE NEED POWERFUL CHARACTERS! Like, ROB, Wolf, MK, Mario, Snake, and others feel great and awesome for these reasons
  • ROB: has a surplus of movement options, projectiles, and is crazy in close combat. he has some Bullcrap: Able to do it all like sentinel mvc2
  • Wolf: everything flows well when you make contact with another opponent. Bullcrap: has touch of death out the wazoo
  • MK: MK is improved from brawl, with better onstage game and offstage game. Bullcrap: his moveset has the versatility of utensils
  • Mario: almost like wolf in this regard, but more position-based. Bullcrap: touch of death, but position-wise. being at the right place makes him almost unapproachable
  • Snake: weapons weapons weapons weapons weapons weapons weapons weapons weapons and weapons. Bullcrap: his weapons is all he needs, he don't need arms or legs..... or a body
We need more characters with more bullcrap, especially since minus is striving to be a broken game. Stuff needs to be crazy and out of control. Like, Ivy shooting a unblockable solar beam into the invincible players and them taking dmg.

NEWB

Er.

Just being picky with terminology but minus doesn't want anything that's broken. They are aiming for stiff being OP.

Also, I agree on a lot of those points but I'm not too big on obscure things that are in those fighting games because that just isn't smash.

Baby_Sneak

Er.

Just being picky with terminology but minus doesn't want anything that's broken. They are aiming for stiff being OP.

Also, I agree on a lot of those points but I'm not too big on obscure things that are in those fighting games because that just isn't smash.
http://www.brawlminus.net/ scroll down as the goals, they stately openly.
whats wrong with that? any game "smash" related shouldn't be kept in this niche-tightly nit ball of ideas allowed. We need to start breaking barriers to push out golden characters. its all in implementation. Heck, project m incorporated fighting game magic series in lucario, and its working brilliantly. melee has wavedashing in there, which is a marvel mechanic. brawl has DACUS in there which is nothing, but a limited roman cancel from guilty gear. we have alot of fighting game crap in smash, we should continue to make more ideas sine its reaping nothing but good results when implemented right ( ultra emphasizing that last part to not spark confusion and other stuff.)

EDIT: also, OP=overpowered. people typical use that term to a group of chars, not an entire cast. Broken fits the bill more appropriately .

Baby_Sneak

what if jigglypuff became one with the air and wind? being able to control the wind, pushing characters this way and that would be soo dope. like her side taunt, but more applicable

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I read that as "Buttercup"

Powerpuff Girls for Minus.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I personally play a more CQC Snake feat. trap support for combos and protection. Snake is really rewarding once you start playing with C4 combos. Also, just in case any of youse didn't know it; dash attack cancels to grab, it really boosts Snake's mobility and lets him be less reliant on setups.

Baby_Sneak

I personally play a more CQC Snake feat. trap support for combos and protection. Snake is really rewarding once you start playing with C4 combos. Also, just in case any of youse didn't know it; dash attack cancels to grab, it really boosts Snake's mobility and lets him be less reliant on setups.
Snake is super flexible, so there's many ways to play him. I use a mixture of both CQC and weapons for the stage control purpose.

Thor

Put that in the "100 things you didn't know about Minus" thread please (or I can if you don't care to).

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
hey guys.. what if... ...what... ... if... ... ... ... ... we gave everyone new stuff... i don't mean to remake movesets, but to simultaneously add a whole bunch of new things for all characters to have added to each of their movesets... because as of now, i feel kinda bored without updates... if we did do this, we wouldn't have to release them all at once either; we could update with a new thing for just peach, and then just ganon, and then just pikachu, and maybe between updates, the characters that got updated last would be a little OP, but it would force us to learn how to play as or against characters like that until then... for now, what if we DID give ganon a sword mode?.. and maybe gave mario a FLUDD mode or a hammer mode?.. or pikachu an ability to power up electric attacks depending on how many electric attacks he's used, or something?... maybe eventually we can give Charizard a mega evolution that he can use after a certain damage dealt is reached, like in KJP's solo charizard moveset?... ...adding new things like that one at a time would make a lot of people keep coming on this site with new ideas too, and updates with new buffs could also add a fix to the buffs of the last character update

Baby_Sneak

hey guys.. what if... ...what... ... if... ... ... ... ... we gave everyone new stuff... i don't mean to remake movesets, but to simultaneously add a whole bunch of new things for all characters to have added to each of their movesets... because as of now, i feel kinda bored without updates... if we did do this, we wouldn't have to release them all at once either; we could update with a new thing for just peach, and then just ganon, and then just pikachu, and maybe between updates, the characters that got updated last would be a little OP, but it would force us to learn how to play as or against characters like that until then... for now, what if we DID give ganon a sword mode?.. and maybe gave mario a FLUDD mode or a hammer mode?.. or pikachu an ability to power up electric attacks depending on how many electric attacks he's used, or something?... maybe eventually we can give Charizard a mega evolution that he can use after a certain damage dealt is reached, like in KJP's solo charizard moveset?... ...adding new things like that one at a time would make a lot of people keep coming on this site with new ideas too, and updates with new buffs could also add a fix to the buffs of the last character update
Excellent thinking, however we would eventually run out of buttons. But, we could expand and go to passive properties like Zard gaining more DMG power when approaches you and less DMG power when he runs away.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Just an idea:
Give Ike the OHKO fully charged Eruption from PM.
Maybe edit it so it's near OHKO potential but still powerful.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Excellent thinking, however we would eventually run out of buttons. But, we could expand and go to passive properties like Zard gaining more DMG power when approaches you and less DMG power when he runs away.
haha, i guess maybe, but eventually... but what i was thinking was that it would be cool if different characters could either use ultrataunts to change their moveset to another mode, or could power up for a limited time, but require damage dealt like ike or taken like lucario, or something... maybe for marth it depends on successful counters landed, maybe for wario, it's dependent on how many items he's eaten, maybe for fox it's how many blaster shots in a row land a hit or something... ...there are infinite possibilities for the activation, and the modes could be as varied from bowser getting a fire rain or aura thing after enough damage is dealt, or a simple "next smash attack gets thunder flag and a cool sfx"....

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Here's a nerf Idea

Lower the amount of hitstun on captain falcons Dthrow. Chaingravs are cool. Infinite chaingrabs are bad

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
1. Return Ness' Bat Mode.
2. Make Ness' dair have around its Smash 64 speed.
3. Make Snake's Cypher his 3.0 one (the one where he doesn't drop down when you use it).
4. Make Ike's Quick Draw have a taunt cancel while charging.
5. SMASH 64 TAUNT CANCELING 4 EVERYONE.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
one thing i thought was weird was that mario's fludd pulls people :p ..that seems like something luigi should have with polturgust

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
it would have been cool if luigi had a polturgust grab actually.. it could suck people in like kirby and shoot them out in different directions for the different throws, maybe with a fire/ice hitbox like the gem thing from luigi's mansion, and maybe one throw lets him carry the person for a little and walk with them

Glyph

Here's a nerf Idea

Lower the amount of hitstun on captain falcons Dthrow. Chaingravs are cool. Infinite chaingrabs are bad

Who's it an infinite on? I can't think of anyone who couldn't jump out after a while or just DI towards the ledge and limit him to like 4 or 5 at most.