New Buff ideas

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
YOU'RE TOO SLOW!
To reply to this topic. We're talking about Ness, the American with the Japenese accent, OK?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
The JC is only when they hit the counter I thought? I meant that IF they hit you with a move, you could JC it into nair or something to start combos instead of just one firey swing - sort of like a counteroffensive, not just a counter attack. JCing the animation entirely would be toxic indeed.

Marth suiciding because you can't use neutral+B or you go to far and you can't use up+B because you don't go far enough is very annoying - that's why I want a Dolphin Slash cancel on the aerial one.

Roy's grounded side+B doesn't need one? It's already got a pseudo-counter-cancel on hit1.

Marth doesn't need a DS on SB because he doesn't suicide. Use an attack immediately after using SB (preferably something fast like fair) and hold back to keep some of the momentum while freeing yourself from dedication. Very easy stuff.

Thor

Marth doesn't need a DS on SB because he doesn't suicide. Use an attack immediately after using SB (preferably something fast like fair) and hold back to keep some of the momentum while freeing yourself from dedication. Very easy stuff.

Did not know this! Thanks Gold_TSG.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Very helpful for setting up dairs.

Thor

New idea for a Marth [or Roy] ultrataunt? Luigi got one, maybe this would work for one of them???

[Ok I was really just looking for an excuse to post this video here because it's hilarious, but if Marth or Roy could do a snippet of this dance with the music I might just have to main them too just for this taunt after star KOs XD.]

Thor

Why???????

Because it's amazing.

[Also Lugi has negative zone ultrataunt that does nothing but looks cool - same idea but for Marth].

It could also be set to part of the soundtrack "Man, I feel like a Woman" - I'm not picky [but only if it's Marth, don't do that to poor Roy].

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
haha, i'm not proud, but i did watch the whole thing... just fantastic

Baby_Sneak

EASY!
Zard
Tweaks:
  • Make Nair have shorter range, but more damage, and bigger hitbox on sourspot
  • make side b a command move ( when Zard hits the rock, it acts like brawl stealth rock with more damage and the rock pieces should be hidden in the stages. But, when side b is done again, the pieces attack the player like Pit's final smash).
Buffs
  • Give Neutral B multiple projectiles like ridley's move in SSE
  • Speed up Ftilt
  • Increase the Fair's sweet spot range slightly
  • give Dair a bury property
  • Increase the KB on UP-b's sourspots
NERFS
  • Decrease the sourspot of Fair
  • Decrease the KB and DMG of UP-b
  • Decrease the KB of Dthrow slightly
  • Decrease the DMG and KB of Side-B
Thats my ideas on my char. Don't know about the other chars cuz i only know Zard with a hint of Squirlte and fox

Thor

The fair sweetspot sounds okay, and I don't even think fair sourspots needs a nerf really (just shield and hit him), and I would be ok with dthrow and up+B being nerfed a bit (and MAYBE up+B sourspots?), but multiple neutral B projectiles? Gross...

I don't like the idea of this new rock smash (Which is definitely a buff) either [sending them at you will still set up a blast burn, which is what stealth rock can help do now (but I don't think would be as good at as the new one)].

No opinion on ftilt or nair, and while dair bury seems like overkill as well but I could live with it.

But that's my thoughts.

Baby_Sneak

The fair sweetspot sounds okay, and I don't even think fair sourspots needs a nerf really (just shield and hit him), and I would be ok with dthrow and up+B being nerfed a bit (and MAYBE up+B sourspots?), but multiple neutral B projectiles? Gross...

I don't like the idea of this new rock smash (Which is definitely a buff) either [sending them at you will still set up a blast burn, which is what stealth rock can help do now (but I don't think would be as good at as the new one)].

No opinion on ftilt or nair, and while dair bury seems like overkill as well but I could live with it.

But that's my thoughts.
You're leaving out lag and the projectiles themselfs. Ridleys were weak in sprayed in different directions. That coud work with Charizard.
New Side b isn't a buff , it's really tweak. The pieces aren't auto, you have to input them. Plus, evey move is gonna have lag, son it's not free.

Dair is really useless as it had extreme end lag, startup, and low range. This makes it worth it to go for the move.

Also, I very much appreciate your thoughts. :)

NEWB

If he needs nerfs, he needs to lost the Nair sweepsot that is behind him. It's absolutely busted, as it combos into itself and is really hard to get around and is safe.

Baby_Sneak

If he needs nerfs, he needs to lost the Nair sweepsot that is behind him. It's absolutely busted, as it combos into itself and is really hard to get around and is safe.
I already addressed that. Smaller sweetspot range, but bigger sour post with more DMG.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Not a buff or nerf, but I think Ike should have a taunt cancel on QD dash or charge, like how he has a dodge cancel. Would be pretty much useless but cool in my opinion.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Also make Roy's Final Smash keep opponents slowed down for the entirety of the move. It's too easy to dodge.

Thor

Also make Roy's Final Smash keep opponents slowed down for the entirety of the move. It's too easy to dodge.

Or just make it like 5X bigger and terrifying so that they more or less have to dodge it perfectly.

I think that would also be very awesome and workable [as long as it is technically dodgeable somehow - maybe with a perfect roll through it or something].

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
I believe he meant the Explosion part, not the taunt/healing thingy. Though it would be hard if it got enlarged to 5x though....
I don't know Roy's FS so well. Isn't it the camera zooming in on him, some Japanese gibberish/grunt, and then he makes a pose as the ground explodes? A good way to fix it is to increase the horizontal range some, and make it go faster. My problem with hitting is that as the camera zooms in, everyone knows to jump and run. Also, the healing is almost as bad as Pichu's was. Why is it in their?

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Yeah, but it heals, like, only 30%? The lag after the move makes moves with lingering hitboxes and hitstun easy to hit, so either you immediately get hit by Bowser/Game&Watch FSmash or Falcon Punch, and then you only got 6%~ healing, or get caught in a combo. Seems pointless. Let him Make his pose and then run around. At least make a whiffed FS safer. Or give him Peaches FS and have him do that dancing. :p