The Official Match-Making Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
I could... but there's very limited space where I could dance, and I don't feel like hurting myself trying to.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Sorry to hear that man. Remember though, some dances take more space than others. Ideally, you'd have enough space to moonwalk, but some quick dash dancing can work in a pinch.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
There's always enough space for dash dancing. XD

I just need to be quicker at it.

Valravn

Ah, I didn't see anyone in the chat so I just practiced with my brother for a little bit. I'll definitely be on to play tomorrow!

gumbie

There is no longer a need to ISO patch due to the newer FPC working with Dolphin.
I think you're misunderstanding me. Dolphin has a branch that allows P2P netplay without using WFC. This is what is used by the Project M community. It is lower lag and faster to setup than WFC. In order to use it, you cannot load the ISO through Gecko or SmashStack. The relevant files and codes have to be patched into the ISO. I guess I'm just out of luck for online play with this mod. :(

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I think you're misunderstanding me. Dolphin has a branch that allows P2P netplay without using WFC. This is what is used by the Project M community. It is lower lag and faster to setup than WFC. In order to use it, you cannot load the ISO through Gecko or SmashStack. The relevant files and codes have to be patched into the ISO. I guess I'm just out of luck for online play with this mod. :(
Hold off. You're trying to play ONLINE with dolphin? You'll get nobody as most of the community is WFC. But best of luck anyway :p

Valravn

Nobody unless a bunch of people start playing on Dolphin netplay. The Project M community is apparently pretty active on it.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Anyone wanna play for a bit before I retire to smash 4?

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
I'll play a few games with ya, Gold. Come on the chat.

Thor

I'm soooooo unhappy that I don't have my Wii to play Gold_TSG one last time... or really anyone else on here too...

Valravn

I'll get on at about 11 PM my time (~6 hours from now) to play a bit if anyone else wants to play. Make sure to let me know, though, since I haven't added any of your friend codes yet. Mine is in the OP.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
I'll be in the chat for most of tonight, so hop on there when you're online. I'll play a few games with ya.

NEWB

With all the customization and stuff to do, smash 4 is gonna take a lot of time regardless.

I THINK I would agree that minus is better but I need to sink my teeth into smash 4 before I can make that call. That and it's a new game so it'll be a nice change of pace.

Gold_TSG

Whaat, retiring? :eek:

Smash 4 is good, but Minus is better...

Differing opinions. After all my research on smash 4, it just comes off as more fun. The characters I love to use are viable, and nothing I've seen so far (outside of GW side throw > judge true combos at low %s) is horribly unbalanced. Honestly, Minus isn't as fun as it used to be due to the aggravation of the hitstun being so long, some characters purposely left broken, and the recovery from hitstun varying from character to character (GW takes so long to recover from a hit that it's ridiculous, while someone like Peach takes almost no time at all). I find smash 4 more appealing, and even the online is superior. If you don't want to join me in the transition, then I'm simply missing another good player to spar with.

Gold_TSG

I just don't wanna juggle versions like that. Almost everyone here will be playing smash 4, and since I have no locals to have fun with Minus, what's the point?

Valravn

Eh, ended up taking more time than expected on my homework tonight. I'll see about getting on tomorrow. As for Smash 4 vs Minus, I'll be playing Minus for a long time. I'm gonna wait for the WiiU release to really get into Smash 4 in any case, and from what I've seen in the 3ds version it just isn't quite the same game. Sonic is certainly very different from Minus, and I haven't had more fun with a fighting game character since Talim and Astaroth in Soul Calibur 2. (Not really the same character without Boost.)

Thor

Differing opinions. After all my research on smash 4, it just comes off as more fun. The characters I love to use are viable, and nothing I've seen so far (outside of GW side throw > judge true combos at low %s) is horribly unbalanced. Honestly, Minus isn't as fun as it used to be due to the aggravation of the hitstun being so long, some characters purposely left broken, and the recovery from hitstun varying from character to character (GW takes so long to recover from a hit that it's ridiculous, while someone like Peach takes almost no time at all). I find smash 4 more appealing, and even the online is superior. If you don't want to join me in the transition, then I'm simply missing another good player to spar with.

Falco seems to take forever in hitstun too...

If it's like Melee though, it really should be that Peach, Jiggs, and GnW take forever in hitstun while Bowser/Samus/DK get out early - I recall reading some testing that where Jiggs sustained 34 frames of hitstun, Bowser sustained 29, the difference being that Jiggs flies farther so she's a bit harder to combo...

Also if side throw true combos into judge at low percents, imagine what that can do with the extreme version of judge, which fires only 1s and 9s but can fire off many of either number in a row? And on the ledge... gross.

That said, salty I never got to face your DK again (I got better by a fair bit since coming to UIUC for college), but I did beat your Olimar that one time [sort of] so I guess I'll be content with that.

I still think attempting to move hitstun from a .55 multiplier to a .5 multiplier might actually make the game better as a whole, but testing would need to be done...

Gold_TSG

Olimar really isn't one of my best guys. I gotta be in the mood to be amazing with all my secondaries. Only my main mains are consistent. Like, yesterday while playing with BC, I was suddenly wtf amazing with Lucas.

As for the hitstun discussion, I agree that the easier-to-combo chars need less recovery time from hitstun due to being such easy targets for everything. It just makes GW worse when a simple tilt takes forever to get out from, and he's already dead by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.