Taking money match/pride match challenges

Toil

I consider myself the best DK in the world, and I've yet to be proven otherwise.

Post here if you want to play! I live in Socal, if you aren't crazy far away, I'm willing to drive.

Glyph

I'm east coast so I doubt I'll be meeting you halfway, but if you'll do wifi I'll do anywhere between 5 and 20 bucks. I won't play 3.Q though, any other version is fine.

Also I'll even throw in a lag clause where you can not pay if you lose if there's crazy bad lag (though I'm gunna want to see some seriously bad lag to invoke that)

I'd be a lot more worried about the talk if you guys weren't west coast, its a proven fact that being on the beast coast makes you at least 200% better at smash.

NEWB

I live in SoCal. I'd like to play you, even if I'll lose.

When you say best DK, do you mean in all of his smash appearances or just minus kong?

owo

Hey I'm SoCal too! We should have a smashfest since I haven't met anyone else locally (outside my playgroup here) that enjoys minus. There's a couple other people from cali on the forum but I dunno if they are Socal as well

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
CAN YOU DRIVE TO OAKLAND?

I hold monthly Melee, PM, and Minus tournaments and occasionally host like 15+ people in my house for smashfests.

Glyph is right about the best coast thing

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I live in a lonely place halfway between Sacramento and Fresno, so I'm most definitely NOT Socal.

Toil

@NEWB You're hella close!
I'm in Fullerton, I'm so down to play.
Best minus DK, I'm ass in every other game.

I'm east coast so I doubt I'll be meeting you halfway, but if you'll do wifi I'll do anywhere between 5 and 20 bucks. I won't play 3.Q though, any other version is fine.

Also I'll even throw in a lag clause where you can not pay if you lose if there's crazy bad lag (though I'm gunna want to see some seriously bad lag to invoke that)

I'd be a lot more worried about the talk if you guys weren't west coast, its a proven fact that being on the beast coast makes you at least 200% better at smash.

I'm down, I just need to figure out how wifi works lmao, I'm dumb when it comes to smash technology. will figure it out this week.

@oakland person, maybe? I'm not actually sure where oakland is relative to the orange county area. I'm ok with anything under like.. 2 hours of driving

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
@oakland person, maybe? I'm not actually sure where oakland is relative to the orange county area. I'm ok with anything under like.. 2 hours of driving
Oakland's on the near side of the San Francisco bay.
Psst Bash you're about an hour and a half-ish away from me.

Toil

That'd be a fun weekend, I'd actually be really down for that sometime in the next like, couple months or so?
in the next couple months I have to work every weekend, but when the season is over that sounds like so much fun :D

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
If I didn't work 6 days a week and had a better financial situation, I'd go out on a limb and say everyone should meet for a big minus tournament somewhere.

You know, so we don't have to have 2v1 matches online vs the person you're playing and LAG.

Thor

I'm thinking about running a minus tourney at Apex 2015 and am actually talking directly with Alex Strife about it. I was gonna make a thread but I'll throw it in here for now. The only thing I need for the green light is interest so let me know if you can go.

If I wasn't a broke college student in Illinois I'd go to that.

But I'm a broke college student in Illinois. Dang it.

I am very interested though. Would stream on Twitch if it was on.

Gold_TSG

Illinois huh... I'll be taking a trip there at some point to visit a friend of mine.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
If a number of us go we should all pool money together for hotel rooms just so its easier on da wallet.

Yes I will go

Gold_TSG

I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about 1v1 matches that feel like you're not only fighting the other guy, but the lag itself.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about 1v1 matches that feel like you're not only fighting the other guy, but the lag itself.
Not me. My internet is beautiful. Like my girlfriend. But she's not restrictive. I'd rather not go there.

Gold_TSG

Doq, your internet can't be your girlfriend.