Super Smash Bros. 4 Rumors

Lightning

Ikesexual
I was on Tumblr and I came across this post. It talks about veterans and, more importantly, newcomers. I don't know if it's the real thing or some fan trying to pose as someone they're not, but I'm going to share the link with you all anyway. You can be the judge on whether it's true or false. :)

http://ssb4dojo.tumblr.com/post/7976004 ... tion-rumor

Thoughts?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
sounds like a lot of these could work out nicely, and they don't sound too far fetched :) i still have a few hopes for certain characters i'd like to see, but this definitely covers a lot of characters i was hoping would eventually join the series

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
This was originally posted on 4chan's /v/, so I would take it entirely with a grain of salt.

Also I doubt we would be getting Jack Frost, as cool as he would be, as Sakurai does not want the game to be about 3rd parties, so we would be getting Mega, Sonic, and Snake at the very most.

Lightning

Ikesexual
Some of the new characters seem reasonable. Others are a little far-fetched. The whole transformation settings is, without a doubt, unreal.. It just doesn't seem right.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Lightning said:
Some of the new characters seem reasonable. Others are a little far-fetched. The whole transformation settings is, without a doubt, unreal.. It just doesn't seem right.

I'd have to agree on that. The transformation dealio doesn't sound like Smash at all.

Some parts I wouldn't mind happening at all though... CHIBI CUSTOM ROBO?
The shiny Pokemon bit really should happen.

NEWB

You guys saw the direct though, right! Customizable specials are a thing now, so it depart seem farfetch'd.

I have heard another leak saying that shulk will be in it too, but who knows?

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Now that I reread that...
The "City Trial" stage with stat power-ups is Smash Run in a nutshell. I thought that was a pretty... out there, if this was just guesswork. The transforming characters bit has also turned out to be true... I think? The post DOES say that Zelda got a "generic kick"... but she has the phantom knight guy.

If that post is fake, then that was some pretty good guessing.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Speaking of rumors, there's rumors flying around from NeoGAF about Mii, PacMan, Palutena (who I still think is real), Shulk, Chorus Singer, and Chrom.

This is based on a second set of leaks released before the direct that also had "X/Y Pokemon" in his list. However I would like to discredit this leak based on how much of a stupid and safe guess "X/Y Pokemon" is, and my personal belief of how unlikely Chrom is.

Lightning

Ikesexual
I'm having mixed feeling towards the Tumblr post since Greninja was revealed. He wasn't metioned in there as being a newcomer.

Also, I've heard that Palutena's picture was leaked, but I never found it anywhere.. :(

Thor

Actually, for Smash 4, I'd have loved it if Sakurai made an account under a fake name and just made one post saying his guesses with all the accurate newcomers in it to get people freaking out about some guru who'd only ever made one post but hit them all XD. Everyone else is just doing guesswork, so I don't care about most people's guesses at all. They can be humorous or interesting but ultimately only he and the dev team know who will make the final cut, at least until the game is released and someone unlocks all the characters/Sakurai confirms that there are X number of characters.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
don't mind me... just continuing the apparent pattern of the 16th of each month being the first to post something new here

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
All this customization...
I'm wondering whether it's ever gonna see competitive play, or will just get a kneejerk BAN.
I mean it's NEAT, but... I'm not sure how're you're supposed to adapt to such changeable characters.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
All this customization...
I'm wondering whether it's ever gonna see competitive play, or will just get a kneejerk BAN.
I mean it's NEAT, but... I'm not sure how're you're supposed to adapt to such changeable characters.

Maybe people will have tournaments with specific custom sets? IDK
It's probably going to be banned.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Maybe people will have tournaments with specific custom sets? IDK
It's probably going to be banned.
Main tourney set; only defaults.
Side event; custom movesets allowed?

I wanna see Mario's fastballs get abused dangit.

Lightning

Ikesexual
Yes, but isn't there a default for Palutena and Mii Fighters? Wouldn't those be used for tourneys?

I personally don't think customization will be tourney legal.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Why wouldn't it be tourney legal? They should all be able to beat each other with a level of skill. If you lose, you weren't ready. There shouldn't be a GOD combination of customizations. There should just be customizations that fit the individual player, and if he or she is really good with them, then you must be better and prepare for one hell of a fight.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Indeed, Darx. We'll have to wait and see.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I think it should all be legal as long as it isn't broken. If you can't learn to adapt, you shouldn't be attending tournaments.

NEWB

Based off my experience with link I'm the demo, I'm no longer sure he can Dacus since his dash attack was changed to be the jump attack. Not that I tried to so it. I also don't really care since that just means others can't do it on me anymore!

His back roll is also the backflip from his games. YYYYYEEESSSSS!!!!!