Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
They do think that way though. They picked characters based on how successful each franchises were and if each character had a foreseeable future. Characters already in smash were something of a priority too but IC's got cut because they didn't want to take time to fix them when IC's didn't have a sequel planned. He was completely done on the wii u but only the 3ds couldn't run them. 8 person smash might have caused a problem for ics but we were told that IC's was done on the wii u.

For this reason, we can probably suspect a new duck hunt game at some point. Or they simply included duck hunt for similar reasons as game and watch was included in melee. As we say with pit, duck hunt may be resurrected.

Duck Hunt action rpg when? No wait! Better idea! Duck Hunt Adventure game! they can be like Sam and Max. Sam is the duck and Max is the dog! :cool: Best idea ever.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
That's not how it works, newb. Characters are picked half based on popularity, and half on importance to Nintendo's history. Duck Hunt, Rob and GW aren't getting sequels or anything even close, yet they are in. ICs were dumped solely because of hardware strain. They were done on the wii u because that was their primary focus. When tested on the 3DS, it was unable to handle them, and thus they had to be cut. The fact that they were in the last two games should tell you that a character's "future" is unrelated.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
That's not how it works, newb. Characters are picked half based on popularity, and half on importance to Nintendo's history. Duck Hunt, Rob and GW aren't getting sequels or anything even close, yet they are in. ICs were dumped solely because of hardware strain. They were done on the wii u because that was their primary focus. When tested on the 3DS, it was unable to handle them, and thus they had to be cut. The fact that they were in the last two games should tell you that a character's "future" is unrelated.
Some guy I know insists that the 3DS can totally handle the ICs but that they couldn't add the ICs in because Samurai and his crew couldn't figure out how to get them to run properly on the 3DS. I tried to explain I felt he was full of it but I don't think he can quite live with the truth of no ICs :/ Just wait till the NEW 3DS comes out and release em for it and WiiU like it's obvious they should do.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Duck Hunt action rpg when? No wait! Better idea! Duck Hunt Adventure game! they can be like Sam and Max. Sam is the duck and Max is the dog! :cool: Best idea ever.
you_crack_me_up__little_ducky__by_strongseanmann-d7zeirs.png
It's the opposite of what you suggested but whatever.
Duck is adorable.

Gold_TSG

Sakurai has said a great many things. Half of them are inconsistent with things he has said prior. I don't fall for nonsense, and it is fact that those three named characters are not getting sequels.

And to answer why WFT is there, she falls under "Nintendo history" because she technically represents the Wii, and the casual, health-promoting side of Ninty.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Sakurai has said a great many things. Half of them are inconsistent with things he has said prior. I don't fall for nonsense, and it is fact that those three named characters are not getting sequels.

And to answer why WFT is there, she falls under "Nintendo history" because she technically represents the Wii, and the casual, health-promoting side of Ninty.
I never considered WFT to be a pointless addition. She's from a very popular game that made Ninty lots of money and like you said, she represents Ninty's health nut side. I just wish she was a little better in the game, I wanted to use her so much when she was first revealed and now she's pretty average at best.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
How can R.O.B. have a sequel? He's more of an accessory than a video game character. The only game that he was in that I can remember was Mario Kart DS.
Also, the Sm4sh tier list is suprisingly leneint.

NEWB

I guess being part of ninty's history is also apparently a thing. That includes trainer, duck hunt, rob, game and watch, and IC's. Maybe ness too. He hasn't gotten a sequel.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
He has. EarthBound is an English translation of MOTHER 2. IIRC MOTHER 1 had Ninten and MOTHER 3 has Lucas.

Gold_TSG

Balance? What's that?

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
And this is why we need balance patches in this game but the most they'll do is patch it so Peach can't do that combo anymore I bet.

GaMeZ

Nah Wind. Its something to do with Robin. ZSS can do something very similar to him. Other characters might be able to as well, so it's something about footstooling Robin that locks him into these situations.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Nah Wind. Its something to do with Robin. ZSS can do something very similar to him. Other characters might be able to as well, so it's something about footstooling Robin that locks him into these situations.
I bet it's cause Robin wears those super bulky clothes. They look so unfitting for combat :(