Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I must have been living under a rock since melee. Since when has representation mattered more than gameplay?

Thor

I must have been living under a rock since melee. Since when has representation mattered more than gameplay?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying... all I was stating is that people who feel Pokémon is "overrepresented" haven't looked at how Smash would look if every series was accurately represented in proportions to the... sales? good titles?... of the series.

Gold_TSG

I've been seeing a lot of people whining about how Mario and Pokemon have so many characters compared to others, some even saying they won't get the game because of it.

GaMeZ

It is very true though. People were using it as reasoning behind figuring out what characters would be in as well.

"They would never allow more representation for Pokemon over Mario, so we can only have 5 characters for Pokemon!"

Then Rosalina gets announced, as does Mewtwo recently, and the same idea comes back. "Now that the Mario reps have increased, we shall certainly get more Pokemon!"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u?search=represent

You wont see as much now since the game was out. But it was bad as it was nearing release. Especially when Charizard was announced.

Gold_TSG

You owe me matches GaMeZ!

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
8 Metroid reps when? The main issue is some people keep whining that there's not enough reps for X series but some games just don't have a whole lot to use for reps. Doesn't mean it's impossible though. I was a total Ridley naysayer but I totally believe Samurai and his team of Nintendo ninjas could've made Ridley work somehow. We could've had a 3rd Metroid rep but meh, that's an old horse not worth beating anymore. I think the way they made him work now is fine.

You guys, we should talk about more potential DLC characters or DLC in general. Like stages. I'm honestly thinking Isaac can make it in. He was an AT like Mac, has possibility for a moveset, you can't really say he's from a dead franchise if Duck Hunt is possible either. And Ninty published the games so they own the rights. Plus a Lighthouse would make a great stage. Isaac is possible, damn it :oops:

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I don't see any more DLC characters on the way, but maybe I'm just pessimistic. Isaac paired with a lighthouse stage would be sweet though.
I wouldn't mind random DLC costumes, but I doubt that would happen either. Where's my Kirby custom coloring pack?
A DLC stage... Maybe the first level of Mega Man X? :confused:

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Here's what I see for DLC:
Characters: Snake, Roy (doubt Roy though).
Costumes: Spirit Tracks Conducter Toon Link, Melee Link.
Stages: The field where you shoot ducks in Duck Hunt, Skyloft.
Also, Isaac? From Golden Sun or Dead Space?

Gold_TSG

Windego said:
Samurai Samurai Samurai Samurai

Can someone please just draw Sakurai wearing samurai armor so I can be amused by this?

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Here's what I see for DLC:
Characters: Snake, Roy (doubt Roy though).
Costumes: Spirit Tracks Conducter Toon Link, Melee Link.
Stages: The field where you shoot ducks in Duck Hunt, Skyloft.
Also, Isaac? From Golden Sun or Dead Space?
I'm gonna say it : I seriously doubt Snake is happening. I'm not as negative about it as Ridley but I really doubt it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2kc9xy/the_tower_of_smash_leaker_doesnt_back_down/ In other news, this guy just isn't giving up. The direct threw his/her leak out the window and the person still insists it's true :/ Scratch that, it's a fake post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

Was horribly distracted by Bayonetta 2.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Roy is awesome. Why don't you guys *coughaerocough* like him?
I like him just fine but I don't consider him necessary to be re-added. Why do you want a second clone of 1 character anyway? Unless they bother fleshing out his moveset, he really isn't needed in the game. Neither are Dark Pot or Doctor M but they got in, you say? Well then you're gonna have to take that up with Samurai and his evil team of trolls. I also believe what was said earlier about Roy's game never having come out of Nippon so he's unlikely to be in. Is it impossible? Probably not. Duck Hunt got in and it's game series has been dead in the water for years. But I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Mewtwo was a lucky break because he was so heavily demanded.

NEWB

Absolutely. IC's first though, unless nintendo considers their series dead and therefore deems IC's not important enough.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
If Nintendo thought that way, Ness, Duck Hunt and others would have cut. But even if Nintendo puts them back in, they would probably be Wii U exclusive. I mean, think about all the strain 8 fighters would have on the 3DS.

NEWB

They do think that way though. They picked characters based on how successful each franchises were and if each character had a foreseeable future. Characters already in smash were something of a priority too but IC's got cut because they didn't want to take time to fix them when IC's didn't have a sequel planned. He was completely done on the wii u but only the 3ds couldn't run them. 8 person smash might have caused a problem for ics but we were told that IC's was done on the wii u.

For this reason, we can probably suspect a new duck hunt game at some point. Or they simply included duck hunt for similar reasons as game and watch was included in melee. As we say with pit, duck hunt may be resurrected.