Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Gold and Glyph are the best Minus players I know of. It can be frustrating getting beat, but fighting really good players is the best way to improve.

I wish I could have played against them offline. Lag throws off my Falcon too much.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
If you'd play some smash 4 online, things would be easier. The lag is almost nonexistent

NEWB

People don't always want to improve. My best fix for fighting someone im that much better than is to shop around for new mains or purposely avoid link. Playing as MK pr game and watch helps since they......T_T. Smashketball also does the trick. But with me, I'm either on for glory or doing 8 person smash. I don't actually get to one v one people much.

743rage

rago
I really want to improve, in Smash 4 at least. I can't take losing to my friend who only plays link and somehow wins by only using smashes, dairs, upbs and sidebs.

Thing is I fucking know what hes going in this very moment, but I somehow still get hit and that's more frustrating for me than repeadetly losing to someone who is much better than me.

NEWB

I also play link but I use other stuff though. Projectiles, utilt's, usmashes, a couple dash attacks, jabs, etc. we can practice if you want just to face someone different.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I really want to improve, in Smash 4 at least. I can't take losing to my friend who only plays link and somehow wins by only using smashes, dairs, upbs and sidebs.

Thing is I fucking know what hes going in this very moment, but I somehow still get hit and that's more frustrating for me than repeadetly losing to someone who is much better than me.
This was me when I played Glyph. I could read him like a book but he'd shit on me anyway.

Thor

I wish I could rematch Gold and Glyph in various smash games. My Brawl skill has decayed [no one will play with me so I have no reason to practice...] and my 64 skill was always nonexistent [I have basic control, can combo and L-cancel, but I lack the movement nuance required], but my Melee skill and PM skill continue to improve, my Smash 4 skill seems to be growing, and I'm sure I've far surpassed my old Brawl- skill [both with new tricks and actual skills]. However, I haven't had any contact with Glyph in forever and while I played Gold_TSG a bit on Wi-Fi, that was awhile ago and on 3DS [I now have Wii U Wi-Fi set up], where I main Falco [because my Sheik isn't as good on 3DS as it is on Wii U and Falco just feels good on 3DS for whatever reason, and not quite as good on Wii U].

I think Gold_TSG would hate fighting my Sheik, if only because I'm sure I play in a manner he'd hate (lol). My Falcon, Falco, Pikachu, and [other characters? I have a few not that good] would have some pretty fun but intense matches though.

Also, Aether, c'mon man...

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Yeah...Minus needs more attention. People gotta be playing more often. (I mean I play with BC like everyday so that's good). Also fight me on Smash 3DS Thor. I will have best Little Mac.
Also, Aether, c'mon man...
Well, excuuuuuse me, princess! >=P

Gold_TSG

I'd be more than happy to fight your anyone, Thor. I doubt your Sheik plays on the level that the tryhards play, so it wouldn't be so annoying. I've beaten plenty of skilled Sheiks online. The only ones I don't enjoy fighting are the ones that don't do anything but wait for a grab, then fair chain (and I literally mean do nothing but). Not to mention, I have a frightening ROB, and I've been wanting to test a certain combo I found on him that no other ROBs have been using.

NEWB

Oh you mean "that"? It was a very nice find. Too bad my smash wii u wifi is spotty with you. I have no problems on for glory barring a couple matches where lag is obscene prolly because distance or something.

Thor

Yeah...Minus needs more attention. People gotta be playing more often. (I mean I play with BC like everyday so that's good). Also fight me on Smash 3DS Thor. I will have best Little Mac.
Well, excuuuuuse me, princess! >=P

I'd be more than happy to fight your anyone, Thor. I doubt your Sheik plays on the level that the tryhards play, so it wouldn't be so annoying. I've beaten plenty of skilled Sheiks online. The only ones I don't enjoy fighting are the ones that don't do anything but wait for a grab, then fair chain (and I literally mean do nothing but). Not to mention, I have a frightening ROB, and I've been wanting to test a certain combo I found on him that no other ROBs have been using.

Well, I don't do nothing because I'll use single needles, charge them if you don't approach, and use burst grenades if you really do nothing to approach. Also I finish fair chains with nair, it's more damage.

ALSO I don't have either system able to connect to Wi-Fi [Wii U at home, and 3DS with me but school internet won't let me on, unless I sign in every hour to the network that is inferior to another one I can't use at all >_>], so I can't oblige. If I'm home over spring break [whenever that is] I'll try to do so.

Gold_TSG

You know I'm patient

NEWB

Possibly. Know your main's tools and generally go with what's safest and least punishable. Safe the risky stuff for reads I guess.

But we haven't played yet.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Well, I don't do nothing because I'll use single needles, charge them if you don't approach, and use burst grenades if you really do nothing to approach. Also I finish fair chains with nair, it's more damage.

ALSO I don't have either system able to connect to Wi-Fi [Wii U at home, and 3DS with me but school internet won't let me on, unless I sign in every hour to the network that is inferior to another one I can't use at all >_>], so I can't oblige. If I'm home over spring break [whenever that is] I'll try to do so.
So I guess that means I have best Mac by default. :D

Gold_TSG

Here's your Rayman leak:

Gold_TSG

Interesting in how he made the fake, I assume.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I must say Gold gets lucky with all these good for glory matches. All I get is people who act braindead and kill themselves. Or they get cocky with they beat one of my many side mains.(Bowser, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, Dark Pit, Shulk, or Marth) And they leave immediately after one match. Or they stay and I switch to Falco or Toon Link. I had only one really annoying match and it was with a luigi. He would always throw a fireball then run in and grab and dthrow to combo. Everytime. He never tried anything else. I beat him with my falco and almost beat him with my toon link, but of course I suck under slight laggy situations with Toon Link. I can't apply bomb pressure correctly without perfect precision.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
For Glory is getting more and more irritating for me. I do occasionally meet a cool guy that doesn't spam one move or combo, but most of the time, that's not the case.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I always meet people who leave the first match when they win. It's more annoying than anything else. Play at least two matches. Also I get annoying tryhard Captain Falcon players. It's to the point I have a hard time respect their play. I can respect a knee or a falcon punch. BUT I can't respect the ones who try their hardest to gimp you. You guys know the type. The ones who try to hit the uptilt on you when you are off the ledge. I can't respect that tactic. It's cool when you do it the first time but if you spam it trying your hardest to do it then i'm just going to stop caring and grab spam with toon link. Nothing pisses people off more when you do nothing but grab them. And if you're me. You grab all the time. Because everybody I play like to run up on a nigguh.

Gold_TSG

You could just, you know, request matches with me.