Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
So would you guys say that you're finished with the Smash 4 puns? Because if that's all ya got, then you have much yet to learn, OK?

Sorry. I got a little careless there.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
So we all know about Mewtwo, the DLC Pokémon. But do you guys think that there will be other DLC stuff, like characters or stages or costumes or something?

And even though I know that Roy probably isn't gonna be a separate character, he might be DLC costume for Lucina.

NEWB

Apparently they aren't patching the game anymore, so I wouldn't expect any new characters after mewtwo. We may see new costumes and stages or songs. They also haven't gotten the tourney mode working yet, right?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
They'll patch again in the future. So long as enough people complain about balance, anyway.

Gold_TSG

I'm already losing faith in playing smash online in for glory. Ran into my first tryhard Fox, and I couldn't do anything to him. He switched to Diddy after I scored a utilt as Dorf on his Fox (that's a victory to me), and proceeded to do exactly what every Diddy on the planet does: grab, dthrow, uair. This is why I have no interest in the competitive scene. They aren't fun to play with. You don't get to play as the character you want to. You either pick someone good, or you lose.

Gold_TSG

You don't CP against people that play to win. They don't act until you do, they grab at every single moment available, and they give you no opportunity to move. If you've watched any tournament video of smash 4, and you've seen Diddy and Fox, that's literally exactly how this guy played. I don't use characters that counter Fox and Diddy, because they all use the same boring combos. They aren't fun or interesting.

moneer

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but do any of you know if there's a mod in the works to make ssbb play and have all the characters of ssb4? There doesn't seem to be any mod out there that edits characters moves to replicate smash 4, just costumes.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but do any of you know if there's a mod in the works to make ssbb play and have all the characters of ssb4? There doesn't seem to be any mod out there that edits characters moves to replicate smash 4, just costumes.
Yeah. Search Brawl Vault for it. It's out there, named Project Smash 4 or something.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom

Thor

You don't CP against people that play to win. They don't act until you do, they grab at every single moment available, and they give you no opportunity to move. If you've watched any tournament video of smash 4, and you've seen Diddy and Fox, that's literally exactly how this guy played. I don't use characters that counter Fox and Diddy, because they all use the same boring combos. They aren't fun or interesting.

Sheik and Pikachu are thought to be even with/beat these characters, but that's cuz they do similar stuff as well or better.

Pikachu has some SICK edgeguards (go look up ESAM vs Trela or ESAM vs FOW or ESAM vs Mr R or all of them), but you'd probably still find him boring.

There's also Rosalina and Luma as well as Sonic, Lucario, and Yoshi, but I would guess you find them boring as well.

Well... you know... there's a mode called For Fun.

That has items, probably why he doesn't use it.

Gold_TSG

I enjoy pikachu and yoshi, but I don't play them on the same level these guys do, so it really isn't worth the trouble. I prefer enjoying myself with who I'm in the mood to play.

Gold_TSG

Mac is garbage against those chars.

Gold_TSG

You'd probably hate my everyone. I made 3 friends rage quit on me yesterday

Gold_TSG

Nothing. Gold is just too good.

This pretty much. All 3 gave me an angry rant about how it's not fun to fight me cause they never win, when I don't even play competitively.