Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super Smash Bros. Discussion' started by Pin Clock, Jan 31, 2014.

1. The Concept

The Concept Philosopher & Assassin

B- FC:
    2022-4105-1387
    Main:
    ....The Concept doesn't like clones.

2. AeroIncarnated

AeroIncarnated The Only Hero

B- FC:
    4000-3198-2625
    Main:
    I don't remember Sakurai ever saying anything about adding clones. To me Lucina being a clone can be a good thing and a bad thing.
    Good thing: Clones like Falco can have a better chance of getting in.
    Bad thing: Ganon could continue to try to steal captain falcon's style.
    I don't know about you guys but I don't believe a middle aged man in full body armor can fight as fluent and flexible as the cap.
    Just saying.

3. Darxmarx

Darxmarx The Learning Star Warrior

B- FC:
    5117-0129-8473
    Main:
    I know this won't happen, but I just thought of this...
    If the Smash 4 staff doesn't make Ganon a semi-clone of Falcon, then they could just give him his sword...

But the reason Chrom was cut for Robin was because Sakurai realized adding Chrom would just give another swordsman, which is becoming redundant...

So, maybe they could make Ganon return in his classic, evil pig form? He could use magic, his trident, and his brute force.
    ...But they could even cop-out with that, making boar Ganon a clone of Bowser, so...

4. The Concept

B- FC:
    2022-4105-1387
    Main:
    It's the dark Gerudo magic that keeps him going strong, match after match.

4 people like this.
  5. AeroIncarnated

B- FC:
    4000-3198-2625
    Main:
    Yeahhhh sureee. With all that magic he sure likes to punch people alot and admire his glowing SWORD. I like Robin personally. He is kinda like a battle mage. Plus he seems to be the most fire emblem character in the roster seeing how his tomes run out just like in the games so it's all good with me. I just hope Ike wasn't as annoying as he was in vBrawl.

6. The Concept

B- FC:
    2022-4105-1387
    Main:
    Do you know what he thinks, when he's looking at that sword?

YOU'RE NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE

9 people like this.
  7. Neville

Neville GG M8s Minus Backroom

Main:
    Have you never played a good Ice Climbers player? Ike isn't as annoying as a great many chars such as ICs, Diddy, MK, Olimar, the list goes on and on. He's so predictable he's less annoying than any other character. Unless you mean his speech. If so amen brother. "I fight for my friends" is so cheesy.

8. AeroIncarnated

B- FC:
    4000-3198-2625
    Main:
    You jerk... I can't argue with that logic...:confused:
    I have fought Ice climbers and alot of cheap characters. I just hate the fact he can just pop out a random up smash or forward smash and be able to take you out. Has this ever made me lose a match. No. It just gets on my nerves.

9. Thor

Thor Well-Known Member

Minnesota (for summer), UIUC (for school year)
    B- FC:
    4986-6645-6355
    If he was popping out random smashes he's either really bad or you're getting read hard [or you're in an FFA, in which case I understand completely]. Just sayin'.

Now, if you were complaining about his back air, I here ya - it's still telegraphed, but annoying because it's rather difficult to air dodge on reaction to that thing. Still manageable though.

10. AeroIncarnated

B- FC:
    4000-3198-2625
    Main:
    It's not that i'm being read or anything. I'm not bad. It's not that he's just the most annoying thing in the world. I have always felt his knockback was always unjustified. I don't get too technical but knowing Ike given the strength of his smashs and his speed. It isn't proportional. I also hated his character design as well in brawl. He is the ranger class his lowest rank I believe and he just pops off super strong hits and he's not even usin his best sword. At least marth and roy brought their good stuff to battle. I do like his redesign in smash 4 It looks like he can actually pull off those strong hits because lets all be honest when we saw how buff ike is smash 4 we all realized how scrawny he was in brawl.

11. Neville

Neville GG M8s Minus Backroom

Main:
    He could still hold a two handed sword with one hand :p If you play ICs, if he throws out an fsmash he's lost a stock no question. His smashes are so slow and easy to dodge they are pretty much a non-issue in competitive play unless your opponent sets it up juuuuust right.

12. Thor

Thor Well-Known Member

Minnesota (for summer), UIUC (for school year)
    B- FC:
    4986-6645-6355
    His usmash has 5/12s of a second of startup, uncharged, and his fsmash has more than half a second of startup (frame 25 and frame 31, and not for the hitboxes that are most used... those take longer to come out).

Also if you hit ICs shield with Ike fsmash and they don't powershield it, I'm pretty sure Ike fsmash is unpunishable XD. It's also not a stock if you use it while they're offstage (or one of them is and you're going for the AI). But I get the point Megasaturn99 is trying to make, and agree - his utilt is his best KO move (or bair I guess) and his smashes are only a thing in doubles (and even then, they're very infrequent). The lone place they have is trying to read a character's recovery if that character has to go high for whatever reason, or tries to do so and is read (ex: Dedede, Falco, maybe a few others...)

13. AeroIncarnated

B- FC:
    4000-3198-2625
    Main:
    I guess I'm just the only one that doesn't like the idea of ike's smashes in brawl. I like him minus but not in brawl. It's probably just my bias towards seeing the same thing again and again. After playing bad ikes and lame donkey kong they made personally hate the characters. I mean If the strategy of hitting the fsmash didn't work why continue trying it. Some people I play don't understand that. Which is sad for them since they'll get no sympathy from me.

14. Darxmarx

B- FC:
    5117-0129-8473
    Main:
    So, Rayman...

Who thinks he will end up being another newcomer?

15. Doqtor Kirby

Doqtor Kirby Resident Design Nitpicker Minus Backroom

B- FC:
    Main:
    no

7 people like this.
  16. Bashdemears

Bashdemears Jiggs2stronk

Main:
    Areo stop playing scrub Ikes.

17. Bashdemears

Bashdemears Jiggs2stronk

Main:
    Still it's weird that there's a ubisoft trophy but no ubisoft representative...

18. AeroIncarnated

B- FC:
    4000-3198-2625
    Main:
    And on the topic of Ike i'm done talking about him. Rayman would have a decent chance but I sincerely doubt it. It's better than other character ideas I have heard. His moveset wouldn't be too difficult to make either. But more likely or not if he was in the game he would be an assist trophy. And if he was an assist trophy he would take his "Rayman origins" form or he'll take his 3-D form. It's possible though. But I repeat highly unlikely.

19. NEWB

NEWB New Member

4 people like this.
  20. Pin Clock

Pin Clock Project Leader Minus Backroom

With Meta Knight, that brings us to 37 known characters, including Miis.

Just how big is this game going to be!?

21. The Concept

B- FC:
    2022-4105-1387
    Main:
    Not enough characters...

22. Bent 00

Bent 00 Longtime Limit Breaker

B- FC:
    1461-6025-1473
    I just want Snake to return. Falcon's already confirmed, and 'Dorf's a given...

4 people like this.
  23. Darxmarx

B- FC:
    5117-0129-8473
    Main:
    His sword slashes are so beautiful...

I really hope Dark Meta Knight is an alternate costume for him.

24. Tybis

Tybis Resident Minusaur Minus Backroom

B- FC:
    4429-8165-3980
    Main:
    They actually kind of remind me of Sephiroth...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just me?
    Snake and Ivy... :(

25. NEWB

NEWB New Member

We apparently got some details for classic mode.

You know that part in the trailer where Mario was walking along a path that branched off in many directions? That's classic mode. You apparently get to choose your path or something. You also get the difficulty slider from kid Icarus uprising or something. Adjust the difficulty for rewards. My guess is the path you take affects rewards too.