Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
....The Concept doesn't like clones.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I don't remember Sakurai ever saying anything about adding clones. To me Lucina being a clone can be a good thing and a bad thing.
Good thing: Clones like Falco can have a better chance of getting in.
Bad thing: Ganon could continue to try to steal captain falcon's style.
I don't know about you guys but I don't believe a middle aged man in full body armor can fight as fluent and flexible as the cap.
Just saying.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I know this won't happen, but I just thought of this...
If the Smash 4 staff doesn't make Ganon a semi-clone of Falcon, then they could just give him his sword...

But the reason Chrom was cut for Robin was because Sakurai realized adding Chrom would just give another swordsman, which is becoming redundant...

So, maybe they could make Ganon return in his classic, evil pig form? He could use magic, his trident, and his brute force.
...But they could even cop-out with that, making boar Ganon a clone of Bowser, so...

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
It's the dark Gerudo magic that keeps him going strong, match after match.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
It's the dark Gerudo magic that keeps him going strong, match after match.
Yeahhhh sureee. With all that magic he sure likes to punch people alot and admire his glowing SWORD. I like Robin personally. He is kinda like a battle mage. Plus he seems to be the most fire emblem character in the roster seeing how his tomes run out just like in the games so it's all good with me. I just hope Ike wasn't as annoying as he was in vBrawl.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Yeahhhh sureee. With all that magic he sure likes to punch people alot and admire his glowing SWORD.
Do you know what he thinks, when he's looking at that sword?

YOU'RE NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I just hope Ike wasn't as annoying as he was in vBrawl.
Have you never played a good Ice Climbers player? Ike isn't as annoying as a great many chars such as ICs, Diddy, MK, Olimar, the list goes on and on. He's so predictable he's less annoying than any other character. Unless you mean his speech. If so amen brother. "I fight for my friends" is so cheesy.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Do you know what he thinks, when he's looking at that sword?

YOU'RE NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE
You jerk... I can't argue with that logic...:confused:
I have fought Ice climbers and alot of cheap characters. I just hate the fact he can just pop out a random up smash or forward smash and be able to take you out. Has this ever made me lose a match. No. It just gets on my nerves.

Thor

If he was popping out random smashes he's either really bad or you're getting read hard [or you're in an FFA, in which case I understand completely]. Just sayin'.

Now, if you were complaining about his back air, I here ya - it's still telegraphed, but annoying because it's rather difficult to air dodge on reaction to that thing. Still manageable though.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
If he was popping out random smashes he's either really bad or you're getting read hard [or you're in an FFA, in which case I understand completely]. Just sayin'.

Now, if you were complaining about his back air, I here ya - it's still telegraphed, but annoying because it's rather difficult to air dodge on reaction to that thing. Still manageable though.
It's not that i'm being read or anything. I'm not bad. It's not that he's just the most annoying thing in the world. I have always felt his knockback was always unjustified. I don't get too technical but knowing Ike given the strength of his smashs and his speed. It isn't proportional. I also hated his character design as well in brawl. He is the ranger class his lowest rank I believe and he just pops off super strong hits and he's not even usin his best sword. At least marth and roy brought their good stuff to battle. I do like his redesign in smash 4 It looks like he can actually pull off those strong hits because lets all be honest when we saw how buff ike is smash 4 we all realized how scrawny he was in brawl.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
It's not that i'm being read or anything. I'm not bad. It's not that he's just the most annoying thing in the world. I have always felt his knockback was always unjustified. I don't get too technical but knowing Ike given the strength of his smashs and his speed. It isn't proportional. I also hated his character design as well in brawl. He is the ranger class his lowest rank I believe and he just pops off super strong hits and he's not even usin his best sword. At least marth and roy brought their good stuff to battle. I do like his redesign in smash 4 It looks like he can actually pull off those strong hits because lets all be honest when we saw how buff ike is smash 4 we all realized how scrawny he was in brawl.
He could still hold a two handed sword with one hand :p If you play ICs, if he throws out an fsmash he's lost a stock no question. His smashes are so slow and easy to dodge they are pretty much a non-issue in competitive play unless your opponent sets it up juuuuust right.

Thor

His usmash has 5/12s of a second of startup, uncharged, and his fsmash has more than half a second of startup (frame 25 and frame 31, and not for the hitboxes that are most used... those take longer to come out).

Also if you hit ICs shield with Ike fsmash and they don't powershield it, I'm pretty sure Ike fsmash is unpunishable XD. It's also not a stock if you use it while they're offstage (or one of them is and you're going for the AI). But I get the point Megasaturn99 is trying to make, and agree - his utilt is his best KO move (or bair I guess) and his smashes are only a thing in doubles (and even then, they're very infrequent). The lone place they have is trying to read a character's recovery if that character has to go high for whatever reason, or tries to do so and is read (ex: Dedede, Falco, maybe a few others...)

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I guess I'm just the only one that doesn't like the idea of ike's smashes in brawl. I like him minus but not in brawl. It's probably just my bias towards seeing the same thing again and again. After playing bad ikes and lame donkey kong they made personally hate the characters. I mean If the strategy of hitting the fsmash didn't work why continue trying it. Some people I play don't understand that. Which is sad for them since they'll get no sympathy from me.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
And on the topic of Ike i'm done talking about him. Rayman would have a decent chance but I sincerely doubt it. It's better than other character ideas I have heard. His moveset wouldn't be too difficult to make either. But more likely or not if he was in the game he would be an assist trophy. And if he was an assist trophy he would take his "Rayman origins" form or he'll take his 3-D form. It's possible though. But I repeat highly unlikely.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Not enough characters...

NEWB

We apparently got some details for classic mode.

You know that part in the trailer where Mario was walking along a path that branched off in many directions? That's classic mode. You apparently get to choose your path or something. You also get the difficulty slider from kid Icarus uprising or something. Adjust the difficulty for rewards. My guess is the path you take affects rewards too.