Stages of Brawl Minus

Thor

Do people remember that ridiculously huge Wi-Fi waiting room stage, with Battlefield and Final Destination and various platforms underneath and in between the two stages? I want that stage added in.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Do people remember that ridiculously huge Wi-Fi waiting room stage, with Battlefield and Final Destination and various platforms underneath and in between the two stages? I want that stage added in.
Is that what that was?! I've only been there once when my build glitched and took my local group there. We were both confused and amazed.

Thor

Yeah, they replaced that Wi-Fi waiting room with a more standard one, but I really, REALLY liked that huge one, and even wanted it as a stage, but to no avail... I'd love it if it were added to official Minus.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
When was it implemented most recently? I'll replace the Project M training room in my custom with that.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
UPDATED FOR 3.Q

This is just a list for now. It will eventually be modified detailing the changes of each stage when they are all modified. For now, I'll ask what might be the best route for some levels.

41. Pokemon Stadium (Grass)

I understand this list was made for 3.Q. I just wanted to check is PS1 Grass supposed to be in the 4.0b build? As of right now, my download has PS1 fixed in the neutral transition; making it a wasted stage slot because PS2 is already fixed in that state...so, depending on ur answer, my questions are:
  • If it's supposed to be in 4.0b, how can I fix my download to include PS1 Grass.
  • If it's not, why? And would you all consider bringing it back for 4.0's final version?

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Stadium 1 in 4.0b is not static, rather it has slightly altered tramsformations. We will consider having the static grass version in 4.0, given the demand.

Last edited:

Turk Injaydii

Stadium 1 in 4.0b is not static, rather it has slightly altered transformations. We will consider having the static grass version in 4.0b, given the demand.

Hmmm...my apologies. I guess I played for far to short a time my first time on the stage. I've given it a few plays since you replied and...I mean, it's okay. The Water, Grass, and Normal transformation are fun...but Fire and Rock (or Ground? lol) feel just as tedious to fight on as they did on Melee, despite the slight alterations.

If Rock were altered to exclude that stone tower on the left and Fire has that awkward tree/ground dip area edited, it would probably grow to be a popular stage.

Here's hoping static Grass PS1 or further altered Rock and Fire transitions will be in 4.0's final release.

Thor

I actually like the transformations after playing on them... but grass mode only is cool too...

Turk Injaydii

I actually like the transformations after playing on them... but grass mode only is cool too...

Its not an awful stage. But, considering how minute the changes were, it almost seemed like wasted time. I hope it didn't take them much effort to make that. If it was minimal time and effort, it was worth it for those that enjoy the stage; such as yourself.

I just enjoy the Grass, Water, and Normal transformation SO much...and, on the other end of the spectrum, I DESPISE the Fire and Rock transformations. I just wish I enjoyed the whole stage instead of half of it.

Thor

Lavender Town is the best stage in the game hands down.

So cool.

Literally the only stage I auto-ban. I strongly dislike how small it is.

My favorite stage is probably Peach's Castle, although I loved the twilight mode that was removed when the SEP went away. Also a massive fan of the other 64 stages [I miss the clouds on Yoshi's and barrel on Kongo], and as for non-retro stages, I really like the remade 75M and altered Mario Bros [which is arguably retro I guess].

Turk Injaydii

Lavender town is one of my faces, as well. Wario Ware, Dream Greens, Rumble Falls, and Spear Pillar are among my favorites as well.

Turk Injaydii

Literally the only stage I auto-ban. I strongly dislike how small it is.

My favorite stage is probably Peach's Castle, although I loved the twilight mode that was removed when the SEP went away. Also a massive fan of the other 64 stages [I miss the clouds on Yoshi's and barrel on Kongo], and as for non-retro stages, I really like the remade 75M and altered Mario Bros [which is arguably retro I guess].

They removed the barrel from Kong Jungle and Randal from Yoshi's Story?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Turk Injaydii

Randall is in Yoshi's

Then I wonder what Thor meant about the cloud being gone...hmmm...did ya'll have Yoshi's Story 64 w/o the clouds in an older build of Minus or something?

P.S. Only a monster would remove Randall from Yoshi's Melee, lol...and you should bring back the barrel to Kongo Jungle...jussayin...lol

Thor

Then I wonder what Thor meant about the cloud being gone...hmmm...did ya'll have Yoshi's Story 64 w/o the clouds in an older build of Minus or something?

P.S. Only a monster would remove Randall from Yoshi's Melee, lol...and you should bring back the barrel to Kongo Jungle...jussayin...lol

My mistake. In old builds where Yoshi's 64 existed [required the SEP], they didn't have the clouds on either side [that made the stage HUGE]. I meant that Yoshi's, and temporarily forgot it wasn't in 4.0b [which shows how much I've played 4.0b, lol].

Randall is in this game, my apologies for implying otherwise.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I've never seen the Barrel in any form of Kong Jungle 64 for Brawl. IIRC, it, the Tornado from Hyrule Castle 64, and the Bumper from Peach's Castle 64 are impossible to recreate accurately in terms of functionality.

It was nice to see those elements return in Smash 4.

Thor

I've never seen the Barrel in any form of Kong Jungle 64 for Brawl. IIRC, it, the Tornado from Hyrule Castle 64, and the Bumper from Peach's Castle 64 are impossible to recreate accurately in terms of functionality.

It was nice to see those elements return in Smash 4.

I don't mind missing hazards, but I really miss the barrel [which isn't really a hazard since it can't kill you with damage or KB, only save you, unless we're calling Randall a hazard, which I think is grossly incorrect].

I do miss the bumper, but that requires Smash 64 bumpers [even the Smash 4 Peach's Castle bumper isn't made correctly... among other things, it seems to have KBG, which the original didn't].