ROB

Glyph

Do you have any replays by chance? I'm always looking for more ROB info, and the more ROBs I see the better.

Fivavoa

Uwaaaaa~~!
Playtester
I'll most likely be seeing him tomorrow so I'll get one by then. If not then most likely next week.

Just a reminder, none of us are as saavy to this mod as you guys, so don't expect MUCH. :p

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Ok, this is mostly SPECULATION as I don't fight ROB mains, but don't characters that space well and aren't forced to approach good ROB counters? ROB controls space pretty well and can just shoot ya if you try to set things up, so I'm not sure if a character like Link has much clear-cut advantages over him, but what about Shiek, Falco, and Wolf? They can all return fire pretty quickly and IMO beat ROB out with their projectiles. On top of that they can take advantage of his so-called 10/2 and 6 o'-clock blind spots when they approach. All three can either combo him into oblivion, juggle him silly, and kill him off the top.

Aren't those easy matchups?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I agree with all the changes you mentioned Glyph. Robs Nair wont be getting a kb decrease so it'll retain it's KO potential, but it won't be a combo move anymore. As in it won't combo into itself.

Glyph

For the record, it only combos into itself if you don't DI it. You can also time a spot dodge out of it, but its fairly difficult considering the size and duration of the move.

Glyph

Neither, you DI to the side. Easiest way for ROB to chase is up in a straight line, so get out of his way.

Glyph

A piece of advice, that Fox player should DI away from ROB to avoid those dair hits. ROB's dair is usually fairly difficult to set up, since even a little DI will normally put them out of range.

Fivavoa

Uwaaaaa~~!
Playtester
I can't vouch for what MILK did, but I'll be sure to tell him next time I see him. ;P

However, the focus point of the video is to highlight how dumb his laser is more-or-less. It's the thing I feel should be the most deserving of a nerf if the team ever decided to come back to him again. Anything else is probably fine, like I suppose you can argue his Dsmash is really fast, and I suppose ROB has far too many jumps on him for his own good, but I mostly want that laser gone.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
ROB is still top threat. But I think he's closer to balanced now. Just a few more changes and I think he'll be fine.