Report All Stage Bugs Here.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Brawl Minus 3.Q has had a few changes to the stages. A couple of swaps and polishing, fixing collisions and the like. If there are any bugs relating to the Stages or Stage Select interface
let us know. Please refrain from mentioning bugs pre 3.Q unless you have seen that they were not fixed.

Please keep this list to stage specific bugs.
Submit these in a fashion similar to the example below.

Skyworld
There is a small chance of teleporting on the left ledge, not sure why.
Happened with X character
etc

Currently Documented Stage Bugs
Spear Pillar
Randomly freezing seconds into the match?

Final Frustration
Random teleporting upon climbing ledges?
when you respawn, you don't respawn center stage. I (And all CPUs) spawn on the far left, almost off-stage.

Newpork
Random white flashing of background
Falling through certain area. Collisions

Lavender Town
Pichu and Roy SFX are quiet

Added Stages
Camera Sensitivity Issues

Stage Select Screen
- Yoshi's Story 64 has the Game Icon and Music of Mario Kart.
- Hyrule Castle has the Game Icon of Twilight Princess (it should be The Legend of Zelda).
- Lavaville has the Game Icon and Series Icon of Metroid (they should be custom icons).
- Final Frustration has the Game Icon, Series Icon, and Music of Pikmin (should be S.S.B.M. or custom icons).
- New Pork City has the Game Icon of Earthbound (it should be Mother 3).
- Metal Cavern has the Game Icon and Series Icon of Mario Bros. (they should be S.S.B. 64 icons).
- Lavender Town has the Series Icon and some Music of Game & Watch / Flat Zone (they should be custom).
- Kongo Jungle ("64" missing) has the Game Icon and Series Icon of Electroplankton (they should be D.K.C. icons).
- Fountain of Dreams has the Game Icon, Series Icon, and Music of Super Mario 64 / Rainbow Cruise.
- Saffron City has the Game Icon and Series Icon of F-Zero (they should be Pokemon icons).

Fixed- coming soon to theaters near you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I dunno if this is a bug or not, but the camera acts strangely in most of the added stages, such as fourside and updated hyrule castle. I wanna say it feels more like it's trying to act like the melee camera in how it zooms in and out on the stage, and it's pretty disorienting. It actually makes playing on fourside impossible for me, as it hurts my eyes.

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Spear Pillar
Freezes 3-6 seconds into a match, been doing it to me since Brawl Minus Max 1.01
Happens with: Everyone. Always.

Please tell me I'm not the only one....

Lightning

Ikesexual
Final Frustration(Melee Final Destination) gave me a weird bug..

I was using Zelda and I teleported to the ledge. When I climbed up, she appeared in the center of the stage. No, I didn't roll, I got up with an A attack and appeared there..

I'll have to try it again when I have some time.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I dunno if this is a bug or not, but the camera acts strangely in most of the added stages, such as fourside and updated hyrule castle. I wanna say it feels more like it's trying to act like the melee camera in how it zooms in and out on the stage, and it's pretty disorienting. It actually makes playing on fourside impossible for me, as it hurts my eyes.
I noticed this too. The new camera is too sensitive, especially when there are only two players. It was most noticeable for me in the two levels Gold mentioned, but this twitchy camera also seems to be present in several other levels. Please change it back to the slow-panning camera that doesn't zoom in and out as much.

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Not sure if its a glitch, but Final Frustration is marked as Final Destination on the Stage Select Screen. (Unless Final Frustration is a nickname, my bad)

Also on Final Frustration, when you respawn, you don't respawn center stage. I (And all CPUs) spawn on the far left, almost off-stage.
(Once again, not sure if its a glitch, or intentional)

Queso2469

I fell between the cracks of the new New Pork stage while playing I think Kirby today while the platforms weren't moving.

celtuce

on the stage selection screen, all of the big stage previews are very blurry.
and i encountered random crashing on all minus stages, there's no crashing on games when a brawl stage is selected. the game locks up when the stage is selected just before play.
characters don't seem to influence when the crashing happens, and it's always after a few games in, maybe eight or nine rounds in.
thank you in advance for reading this!

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
on the stage selection screen, all of the big stage previews are very blurry.
I think this is a side-effect from the Stage Expansion Code. You get many extra stage slots, at the expense of blurry stage previews.

More than a fair trade-off IMO, unless you really care about clear stage previews.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I think this is a side-effect from the Stage Expansion Code. You get many extra stage slots, at the expense of blurry stage previews.
Exactly!
If possible, we'll try to restore the clarity of the previews. :cool:

After I tried the new version of Minus, whenever I go to Battlefield on My Music, the game will crash. Even with no hacks loaded and no SD card in the Wii, it will crash, when I never had this problem before trying this version of Minus. Is there a way to fix this, or is this permanently fucked on my Brawl disc and I will never be able to access Battlefield on My Music again on it?

Other Aether

Mediator
After I tried the new version of Minus, whenever I go to Battlefield on My Music, the game will crash. Even with no hacks loaded and no SD card in the Wii, it will crash, when I never had this problem before trying this version of Minus. Is there a way to fix this, or is this permanently fucked on my Brawl disc and I will never be able to access Battlefield on My Music again on it?
My Battlefield music is gone, too. I don't think it's permanently gone, but I think a patch will be needed to fix it. By the way, I'm a fan of your vBrawl Dedede :p

Another thing, on wifi, Battlefield crashed my opponent when I chose it (and like the My Music Battlefield thing, I never had this happen before trying Minus 3.3).

My Battlefield music is gone, too. I don't think it's permanently gone, but I think a patch will be needed to fix it. By the way, I'm a fan of your vBrawl Dedede :p

Heh, thanks, wouldn't have expected anyone here to have recognised me.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Really? Hrm...
Expect that to get patched.

though I wish I could replicate these bugs myself

Thor

Except for the controller ports, this is all 100% accurate (I'm fuzzy on the controller ports, but this is what I remember):

I picked Ness on slot 3, a guy picked random on slot 1 [just two of us], we hit random to on the stage select, it chose Pirate Ship and the game froze after showing stage selected or whatever - the Wii made this odd buzzing noise, so I can't say this is necessarily do to Minus 3.3 and might just be my Wii acting up because it's running a mod or acting up.

Other Aether

Mediator
Except for the controller ports, this is all 100% accurate (I'm fuzzy on the controller ports, but this is what I remember):

I picked Ness on slot 3, a guy picked random on slot 1 [just two of us], we hit random to on the stage select, it chose Pirate Ship and the game froze after showing stage selected or whatever - the Wii made this odd buzzing noise, so I can't say this is necessarily do to Minus 3.3 and might just be my Wii acting up because it's running a mod or acting up.
Do you have the stage hotpatch? Before that, I recall Pirate Ship being randomly selected and freezing people.

Thor

I got Minusart(2) or whatever after the actual download - if there was a patch released after that updated fix, then no, I don't have that.

Is there a reason random still enables all stages, despite turning them off in the random stage select? I think this may have been explained somewhere, and I just missed it, but I don't remember.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
IIRC, It's all or nothing with the extra stages in Random. With the code that makes them show up active, they all will, even if you turn them off in-game. Without that code, none of the extra stages will ever show up via Random.

Thor

IIRC, It's all or nothing with the extra stages in Random. With the code that makes them show up active, they all will, even if you turn them off in-game. Without that code, none of the extra stages will ever show up via Random.

Why does this occur now? In 1.01 the random select worked normally - is this change a byproduct of changed interface or what? Is there a way to revert the stage select random to 1.01 mechanics (because that worked properly)?