Rant

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
As an idea that both keeps the self damage and rewards pichu for doing well, have the self-damage from pichu's electrical moves be put into a buffer. When pichu connects with an electrical move have it heal pichu for some of the damage in the buffer (in terms of flavor pichu builds up static by using moves and dealing electrical damage removes some). To expand on that you could add bonus damage for removing more static, give a way to turn normal damage into static, or even grant new abilities only available (or only after removing) over some amount of static.
That isn't a bad idea. That would certainly make him/her (it?) unique.

Thor

Is it possible to just throw a knockback multiplier into Pichu's code that says "If the angle is X, KB is reduced by 1/4" or something? Then Pichu could fall not-like-a-rock and also not die off the top too fast.

I may have already suggested this (I don't know) but I'll put it out there in case I didn't.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Holy shit Lightning lives

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I'd smack you if I could.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Man I almost had a joke about Thor and Lightning, you know, because both deal with thunder...

Back on topic, it seems like most of Pichu's self-damage is gonna be removed for 4.0 except for his/her (its?) Smash attacks...
So that's good.