Project Ganondorf

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
^ Yeah, I figured at least 1 more fighter -- most likely Mewtwo -- would make it in before development ceased.

There was a Minus version of Waluigi being worked on a while back... It seemed to be coming along well. I wonder what happened?

Still waiting to hear back from BronzeGreekGod.

Thor

Is 4.0 intended to be the final version? That would be disappointing, the game feels like it has a ways to go. I hadn't heard that.

I feel that way as well, but I swear Pin Clock said something to that effect.

I'd be very happy if it was a figment of my imagination [bad dream?], but it also sounds a little too believable.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
4.0 is indeed the final version, and as far as I know, they are pulling all the stops in what's to come.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
4.0 is the planned final official release for the current dev team, but whether Minus itself will be dead after that is a different story. Minus is a fully open source mod so even if everyone on the dev team does stop working on it come 4.0 there's nothing to stop anyone who wants to from continuing it onwards.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
4.0 is currently slated to be the final official release of Brawl Minus, and we are going to make sure our final release is the best we can make it!

Glyph

Maybe it's time for another poll? According to the last one, 59.1% of the voters preferred the Cancellable Warlock Punch over the un-cancelleable one introduced in MAX 3.3.

Except, wait... In this case, it doesn't matter what the fans want.

Even if 90% of Minus fans wanted to see Minus 'Dorf's Neutral B changed, I doubt the devs would change it.

Not trying to be antagonistic here -- that's just the way it is.

Anyway, this topic isn't about Warlock Punch by itself... It's about a total rebuild of 'Dorf, for Custom builds.

Would it be difficult for BronzeGreekGod to port this to Minus if it doesn't rely on Project M-specific code very much? Would anyone here be interested in porting it if BGG gives permission? I've sent him a few messages, but haven't received a reply yet.

Never change, Bent. Not that you need me to tell you that <3

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Good news: I got a response from BronzeGreekGod! Here's the message I sent him:
Bent 00 said:
Awesome work on Project Ganondorf! I've wanted to see 'Dorf done proper in Smash since Melee. I love what you're doing with both Magic and Sword modes, and appreciate the attention to detail; you're really doing justice to both incarnations of the King of Evil.

Would it be difficult for you to port this to Brawl Minus?

If you wouldn't be interested in that, would you mind if someone else attempts to port it after it's released?

Please keep up the great work.

BronzeGreekGod said:
I don't mind if anyone else works on my mods post release.

I could try porting to brawl minus, butttt i'd need some incentive. I'm totally stacked with work and my projects so ya.

Thanks for the feedback!

Be sure to check BGG's Project Ganondorf Blog to keep up with his progress. He recently posted detailed descriptions of all the new moves.

Can't wait to see this ported to Minus once it's released. Who's up for the job? Mawootad, Valravn?

Valravn

I'll take a crack at it. I'll spend some time looking over the mod tonight. I'm pretty new to Brawl modding beyond the basics, though. Never too late to learn.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Who's up for the job? Mawootad?
Not happening. As I mentioned before, as a member of the backroom I cannot (and frankly do not have time to even if I wanted to) port another dorf. As with any coding endeavor, I'm always happy to give pointers on how to do something or explain any of the PSA based tools developed for Minus, but if you want something big done in PSA I'd really suggest just learning PSA and doing it yourself. It's very easy to pick up and if you like brawl modding it's absolutely indispensable.

Valravn

I'll bite. Where should I start, on the assumption that I haven't done any PSA finagling before?

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
There's not really a good tutorial for picking up PSA but if you want to know how to work with PSA download the latest PSA program and use OpenSA wiki to look up additional information about basically everything. Stuff that's important to know is that Windows calculator can do Hex to Decimal conversions really easily in programmer mode, hitboxes are called collisions, and article floating points aren't just for articles, they're (most of) the parameters for the specials and other unique effects. I can explain some of the more complex aspects of PSA coding if you're having trouble, but for the most part the wiki is pretty thorough. If something isn't documented there it's probably not documented anywhere.

As for Minus specific tools, Sammi is the developer of PSA and has a dev version that natively supports modifying article PSA code and collision info and the Minus gct also adds some general purpose PSA based tools: limited specials, which gives the ability to easily control limited use per air time specials; independent subroutines, which allows for easily running code that does not terminate when the current action or subaction changes; and custom hitbox effects, which provides a framework to run custom assembly code on the target fighter when certain attacks land (effects are programmed in ASM, but used in PSA). If you find you need to use any of these tools I can give you some more complex technical documentation and instructions on how to use them (and see if Sammi is okay sharing the dev version of PSA).

KipShades

Since Minus uses BrawlEX, I'd assume that once this is ported over, this could be used alongside the default Ganondorf, right? Because, as much as I like this whole idea, I'd kinda prefer to use it alongside Minus Ganondorf as opposed to as a replacement.

I could definitely see the OoT Ganondorf as Phantom Ganon. As for Sword Ganon... Toon Ganon? Maybe just call it "Ganon" to differentiate between it and Minus!Ganondorf.

Mohl

After playing the mod itself, it seems like it'd be pretty easy to move sword ganon over, because of how the switch works. Then again, I have the feeling that since it's still counted as one character, it'd take a lot more effort than it'd appear.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Here's the release page for BronzeGreekGod's Project Ganondorf v1.0 for Project M.

I hope this gets ported to Minus soon! I'm thinking Minus/Sword 'Dorf should go over 4.0 'Dorf, and Minus/Magic 'Dorf would be best accessed by holding R at the CSS, like Zero Suit Samus is, rather than making him a separate [visible] slot.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Noticed this today:

Version 2.0 coming on 5/5! I still really want to see this adapted for Minus somehow.

C'mon Minus Devs, collaborate with this guy already. We could have...

[Twilight Princess] Dark Lord Ganondorf / Ganondorf (Fist/Sword) and
[Ocarina of Time] Evil King Ganondorf / Phantom Ganon (Magic).

BronzeGreekGod already gave us permission to port his work to Minus.

Last edited:

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
Noticed this today:

Version 2.0 coming on 5/5! I still really want to see this adapted for Minus somehow.

YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PUT THIS IN THE FINAL VERSION OF 4.0!!!!!!!
If this is the last version of Minus, pull out all the stops. Blow the lid off the hype and include this!!!!

[If you guys could get ahold of the creators of PM Ridley and get his permission to Minusify, that would be equally hype]

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
We have Waluigi another modders worked in the game why can't we have some of this work put into minus. I've mained Ganon since brawl ,I approve of this.
The guy who made the Waluigi mod is actually on the Minus dev team. The guy who made the Ganon mod isn't.

snidbert63

Certified n00b
Noticed this today:

Is this mod available hackless? LEMME AT IT LEMME AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Also Bent you A. Necroposted and B. double posted. I'm gonna let you off this one time because I didn't notice it and I responded to it but if it's really old create a new topic please.
While it's true that it was necro'd, the post in question was actually still relevant to the topic and opened up discussion again. It wasn't just a random comment that added nothing.

Also, I want this Dorf so bad. It looks beautiful.

Last edited: