How to Fix Momentum-sapping Pause in Dash-Cancelled-Backwards-Crawl (D.C.B.C.) going right?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Nothing else to say, Gold and Sammi? I think we had a misunderstanding here. I used the wrong term to describe the D.C.B.C.; It's not a crawldash, but something that comes out of a crawldash. Sorry about that. Now that there's a term for it, will you acknowledge the pause bug in the backwards-going-right D.C.B.C.?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I'm gonna be honest here bent. Since I'm still recovering from surgery, I couldn't possibly care any less than I do about this right now. I always knew what you were discussing, and it's still human input error.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Does this have practical use?
Not much. The D.C.B.C. is just another mobility tool, which can be used to retreat backwards quickly while crawling.

I don't expect the pause bug to rank high on the list of bugs that need fixing, but I think it's worth attempting to fix when there's time.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'm gonna be honest here bent. Since I'm still recovering from surgery, I couldn't possibly care any less than I do about this right now. I always knew what you were discussing, and it's still human input error.
So you're saying that the pause bug in the D.C.B.C. going right does not exist?

Gold_TSG

I'm saying you're treating some minor momentum exploit like some game-changing technique that has little practical use outside of doing it for the hell of it. The slide is harder to do left to right because your thumb has been accustomed for years being used to push your character to the right. I cannot preform it consistently, and thus find it unimportant to bother with. There are far better techniques to use more practically. On top of that, it's nothing that can be fixed, as it's only the result of being able to cancel dashes into crawls and sliding. That's simply how it functions. Input error is the only thing causing the pause because you're likely holding the stick JUST long enough doing it that way to cause it to do that.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'm saying you're treating some minor momentum exploit like some game-changing technique that has little practical use outside of doing it for the hell of it.
I never described the D.C.B.C. as "game-changing" or even "practical". It's not particularly useful, but it is bugged, and I think all bugs are worth at least trying to fix.
The slide is harder to do left to right because your thumb has been accustomed for years being used to push your character to the right. I cannot preform it consistently, and thus find it unimportant to bother with. There are far better techniques to use more practically. On top of that, it's nothing that can be fixed, as it's only the result of being able to cancel dashes into crawls and sliding. That's simply how it functions. Input error is the only thing causing the pause because you're likely holding the stick JUST long enough doing it that way to cause it to do that.
It's impossible to do the full-length D.C.B.G. going right, because of the pause bug. Even if you execute the input perfectly, your character will always pause, losing the momentum from the cancelled dash. This pause always happens when you D.C.B.C. to the right.

Gold_TSG

I'm done arguing. You don't get it.

Lightning

Ikesexual
It's not particularly useful, but it is bugged, and I think all bugs are worth at least trying to fix.
*sighs for a thousand years*

It's bugged because it wasn't intentional. You can't fix a bug inside of a bug.
You either fix the original bug, or you ignore it completely.
Now, please accept it and continue on with your wonderful life.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
It's bugged because it wasn't intentional. You can't fix a bug inside of a bug.
You either fix the original bug, or you ignore it completely.
I bet someone with the necessary coding knowledge -- like the creator of the code that makes crawldashing possible -- could fix it.

At least you acknowledge that the D.C.B.C. going right pause bug exists. How anyone can say it doesn't is beyond me, since it's so obvious...

At any rate, it sounds like no one cares enough to bother with this minor bug right now. The purpose of this topic was mainly to draw attention to it, and it's achieved that goal. I'll drop it for now and hope someone comes back to it later.

The only thing left I can do is post a video of the bug. I'll do that soon. After that, I'm done.

(...too bad this will never get fixed...)

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
I will reiterate, your version of the crawldash is NOT the version that i nor anyone else have been arguing. Whether or not your version works correctly is not my concern. However i can tell you that doing it the other way is fine.

And just for some info, there literally is no way to stop the way the physics from behaving this way without removing DCBC completely.

Im trying to tell you bent, this is the last time i am going to say it. I'VE WORKED WITH THE PERSON THAT MADE THE MOMENTUM CAPTURE CODE, AND FIXING IT IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT REMOVING DBCB. Thank you and have a good day~

EDIT: to be perfectly clear, im not trying to single you out or anything of the like. im just trying to relay the information

Also how do you know it's impossible bent? you don't know that it is until you look into the game code. Thats like saying that it's impossible for a golf ball to pass through my hand and land on the floor, however in regards to the laws of physics there is nothing making it impossible just highly (highly) unlikely

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
OK, thanks for the info Sammi.

So you nor the code creator have any idea what causes that pause? It's weird, no other momentum tricks are bugged like this.

Oh well... :/