East vs West Crew Battle

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
The title says it all. This crew battle will be between east and west North America. The reason I'm starting this is because I think it'll be fun and because we haven't really had an event since BDOT. I also think it would be awesome to record, and go back and watch. I made it East vs West because I didn't think we had enough people on the forums that we could just do East Coast vs West Coast. So with that out of the way I'll explain the rules.

So the map that determines whether you're East or West is here:
8vms9fE.png

Red is east, blue is west.
Might be changed if one side grossly outnumbers the other.
The team you play on is based on your state/province/territory that is your current residence. For example, I'm from Ontario which is on the eastern side but I currently reside in Texas, therefore I would play on the western team.

Rules of playing
  • Each team has a pool of stocks
  • Each player represents 4 stocks from a team
  • A player's stocks carry over from one game to the next. For example, if after the first game the winner has 2 stocks remaining, at the beginning of the next game the previous winner would SD twice in order to keep the stock count.
  • The team that runs out of stocks first loses(duh)
  • The legal stages are:
    - Battlefield
    - Final Destination
    - Pokemon Stadium 2
    - Smashville
    - Yoshi's Island
    The reason its so small is that there are no stage bans in a crew battle. Tell me if there are any stages that should be added keeping in mind there are no bans.
  • Gentlemen's rule: An illegal stage may be played if both players agree in advance.
  • Time is turned OFF. You can't win due to a time out.
  • A player must announce the character they will be using in the crew battle and can't change the character once the crew battle has started.
  • Once a team loses they will choose the player that will come in next. The other team can't change the player that's in. The player of the losing team that is sent in chooses the stage that will be played on.
I don't expect the crew battle to be done in one day, maybe a month or so depending on how many people sign up. If you can't play for any reason, and if somebody couldn't participate due to the fact that each team must have the same amount of players we'll have them sub in for you. I'll cap the amount of people on a team to 10. If one team has more people than another, players will be removed from that team in order to make the teams even in reverse order of when they signed up, so sign up quick.

I'll give you guys 2 weeks to sign up. If 4.0 comes out in that time or near that time, we'll use it.

Teams

BC
SquirtleHeadSSBB.png

moneer
BowserHeadSSBB.png

Fivavoa
SheikHeadSSBB.png

Bent00
GanondorfHeadSSBB.png

Longbottom
PeachHeadSSBB.png

Doqtor Kirby
GanondorfHeadSSBB.png

Tybis
SnakeHeadSSBB.png

NEWB
BowserHeadSSBB.png

Last edited:

NEWB

I'm tentatively signing up. I may not be able to get my sd card working right... I'd be west coast.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Not your fault, but I swear if I have to fight all of you by myself then RIP east coast's reputation.

Thor

Now sad that you start this right after I leave Wi-Fi behind... oh well...

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
I'll definitely sign up for this!
gotta get more East Coast reps in here.

moneer

Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to connect to Wi-Fi? Or is it already included in the 3.Q gct?

NEWB

He means the OP for 3.Q has the download for the wifi gct included. It is there unless the devs took it down.

Fivavoa

Uwaaaaa~~!
Playtester
East Coast lesgo
I'll play sheik for this

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Oh, wow, nearly forgot. I'll be playing as Link for this.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
quick edit, I'm gonna play Squirtle instead. I'm not confident in my Link XD