Community Request Thread for the next version after 4.0BC

Thor

Falcon's recovery is meant to be bad, and you can walljump after the endlag of side+b [maybe even directly out of/during it?]

A buff wouldn't be a problem [it's still super linear and whatnot], but I definitely don't think it's needed.

New Bowser losing on the results screen animation?

giphy.gif

Please make this a defeat animation; this is just too funny to pass up on.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Either Pit needs nerfs, or the rest of the cast needs comparable buffs. I don't know of any other character who has a toolset such as his. He is an all-rounder that somehow specializes in gimping and NOT getting gimped. Just about everyone else in the cast can be gimped. Not only that, but his meteor moves are stronger than a lot of characters one would imagine to be stronger.

He has a move that not only wears down shields (and is inescapable if shielded), but can grab if the move is shielded (side-b); a move that can fuck up just about anyone's recovery that also repels opponents who are close on-stage (up-b); his arrows essentially guarantee gimps/kills at low percents on the majority of the cast as well.

Could someone justify this for me somehow?

He is an all-rounder that somehow specializes in gimping and NOT getting gimped.

If someone hits him out of up-B, he can't use it again. They're actually planning to buff this, since players were complaining about how easily gimpable Pit is.

He has a move that not only wears down shields (and is inescapable if shielded), but can grab if the move is shielded (side-b)

The trick is to challenge the move with your own attack. A large number of attacks (even jabs) will go straight through this move, and those that don't will usually clash with it.

a move that can fuck up just about anyone's recovery

Pretty sure the sweetspot sends you upwards, which makes it less dangerous than Fox's Shine.

As for the sourspot, that just resets you in place, right? If someone anticipates that, they can just hit up-B again to recover*. The trick, of course, is anticipating it.

*Except for Pit himself, as discussed above.

EpicNonBread

Malfunctioning Machinery
Minus Backroom
Playtester
I don't know of any other character who has a toolset such as his. He is an all-rounder that somehow specializes in gimping and NOT getting gimped. Just about everyone else in the cast can be gimped.

Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Falco, Wolf, Pikachu, Puff.

NOT getting gimped

Remember that time when hitting Pit out of both of his recovery moves didn't replenish his recovery move usage? I sure do.

He has a move that not only wears down shields (and is inescapable if shielded), but can grab if the move is shielded (side-b)

Have you tried jumping? Not to mention it's decently punishable because of the endlag of side b, and the slightly less but still punishable endlag of wiffed standing grab.

a move that can fuck up just about anyone's recovery that also repels opponents who are close on-stage (up-b)

So shine...? Or a lot of other moves in Minus perhaps...? (Cape, Falco's Fsmash, DK's Fsmash, Pit's Down B, etc)

his arrows essentially guarantee gimps/kills at low percents on the majority of the cast as well.

Weird, moves allow you to gimp people...? Also killing on the majority of the cast at low percent is completely not true unless you're getting hit with a single strong arrow, at which point you should learn how to mix up your recovery.

Could someone justify this for me somehow?

Justified. Pit is in no need of major nerfs, and the cast does not need to be rebalanced around this character. Feel free to point me to the player who is abusing this character so perfectly to the point where such drastic changes would need to happen.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
I'm not sure why people can't help but reply condescendingly. Must be the disinhibition.

Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Falco, Wolf, Pikachu, Puff.

All gimpable in comparison to Pit from what I can tell (once he's patched, that is)

Remember that time when hitting Pit out of both of his recovery moves didn't replenish his recovery move usage? I sure do.

Being patched.

Have you tried jumping? Not to mention it's decently punishable because of the endlag of side b, and the slightly less but still punishable endlag of wiffed standing grab.

Yes. I just feel moves should have more than one out. It just feels like you can't mess up a single read against Pit or you get 0%-deathed. Guess that's just how I'll have to play him. Although his side-b even overcomes Captain Falcon's instant falcon punch, which I find kind of ludicrous.

So shine...? Or a lot of other moves in Minus perhaps...? (Cape, Falco's Fsmash, DK's Fsmash, Pit's Down B, etc)

I agree with Cape and Pit's down-b, but I've never been certainly gimped by Falco or DK's fSmash despite having been hit by them in a way that would gimp if I didn't have any recovery resources left. Not to mention that all except for the two I mentioned require that the character attempting the gimp be onstage.

Weird, moves allow you to gimp people...? Also killing on the majority of the cast at low percent is completely not true unless you're getting hit with a single strong arrow, at which point you should learn how to mix up your recovery.

Read more closely: moves GUARANTEEING gimps. Also you basically contradicted yourself in saying that it's "completely" not true but then saying that there is a situation in which it is true.

Justified. Pit is in no need of major nerfs, and the cast does not need to be rebalanced around this character. Feel free to point me to the player who is abusing this character so perfectly to the point where such drastic changes would need to happen.

Saying the word "justified" isn't what justifies it. Some of your reasoning does whereas other aspects of it are in regards to something that I didn't say (or in ignorance of something that I did say). You have however, enlightened me as to how to fight against him a little more, albeit in a way that seems characteristically condescending.

fantasyDinosaur

only human
Playtester
Yes. I just feel moves should have more than one out. It just feels like you can't mess up a single read against Pit or you get 0%-deathed. Guess that's just how I'll have to play him. Although his side-b even overcomes Captain Falcon's instant falcon punch, which I find kind of ludicrous.

hi.

quick response, but i think that pit has more problems with sdi and di than is normal. his neutral is where he can get bopped, and most of his options are kinda 50/50 from what i've seen. i wouldn't entirely know because there aren't many netplaying pits and i don't play him either.

side-b beating captain falcon's instant punch does make sense here because of hitbox size and the disjoint on the move, but i think that this would be more of a visually silly thing than a hitbox game design failure. could you get video of this?

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Yet another Kirby request: Make Kirby able to discard his copy ability while in the air. (Same input as on the ground - by taunting)

I imagine that this is a simple, but nice quality-of-life buff. It's reflective of the Kirby games, and I don't think it's all that game-changing. If someone is against this idea though, then please let me know. My sense of balance isn't the greatest.

memahalo

In the nature of brawl-, can we have pikachu's max charged side-b shield break?
It wouldn't be a major change anyways, as it take forever to get to max charge.

Also, I think I saw someone else say this, but not completely sure, but...
can Squirtle's up-b not be so ridiculously easy to DI out of?

Edit: just saw the announcement of 4.0 changelog preview, if ivysuar's giga drain stops when he hits the floor, thats a nerf imo. in its current state, its always better to do giga drain in the air and then slide away or to the ledge (you can fall and snap to ledge pretty quickly)

Last edited:

It's like Charizard's: it can be comboed into and it kills early, so of course they have to be able to escape it. Try to combo into just the final hit; that way they don't get a chance to DI.

if ivysuar's giga drain stops when he hits the floor, thats a nerf imo.

It's meant to be.

Actually, BC mentioned that it was going to be an even bigger nerf: you simply wouldn't be able to move sideways when you used the move in midair. (I don't know if this is actually true. I might be misquoting BC, or BC might have misquoted the devs.)

AGentleStar

Video Editor
In the nature of brawl-, can we have pikachu's max charged side-b shield break?
It wouldn't be a major change anyways, as it take forever to get to max charge.

Also, I think I saw someone else say this, but not completely sure, but...

Edit: just saw the announcement of 4.0 changelog preview, if ivysuar's giga drain stops when he hits the floor, thats a nerf imo. in its current state, its always better to do giga drain in the air and then slide away or to the ledge (you can fall and snap to ledge pretty quickly)

I feel you, bud. Setting up a KO with Up Special is tricky, but the reward is worth it. Plus, there might be some setups for a guaranteed UpB to connect, though I wouldn't know any off the top of my head. I'm not a Squirtle main.

Is it possible to allow the damage ratio to go below 0? Because I'm pretty sure that would allow this:

Also, Yoshi's up taunt deals 1% to anyone, anywhere. Well, except characters who went off the top and are in their star KO or screen splat animation. If Yoshi could give them 1% just before they died, it would be the ultimate way to add insult to injury.

Last edited:

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Also, Yoshi's up taunt deals 1% to anyone, anywhere. Well, except characters who went off the top and are in their star KO or screen splat animation. If Yoshi could give them 1% just before they died, it would be the ultimate way to add insult to injury.

You can't damage people who are in their StarKO animation

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
If there was no balloon the Nikita would have killed Jiggs.
Ohh. Still, that's no reason to get rid of it. It's an iconic stage feature. Gotta play around hazards.

You could possibly argue for it to be slower and/or more predictable at most, IMO...

Unless we get hazardless alternate forms of stages at some point. That could be neat.

unrelatedisme123

Minusaur
Playtester
Ohh. Still, that's no reason to get rid of it. It's an iconic stage feature. Gotta play around hazards.

You could possibly argue for it to be slower and/or more predictable at most, IMO...

Unless we get hazardless alternate forms of stages at some point. That could be neat.
It's not a serious suggestion, it's a meme.