Community Request Thread for the next version after 4.0BC

Mohl

I've got a simple thing I want for whatever's after 4.0bc.

I just want turbo mode. I've tried getting it into BC myself, but I end up with the curry idle as well as still being forced to sprint.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
Pin, can you at least give Wolf a normal Melee airdodge? It's so unnatural right now.
Also, you can interrupt most characters run with a crouch to slide. It works like a wave dash but not nearly as useful.

Thor

Pin, can you at least give Wolf a normal Melee airdodge? It's so unnatural right now.
Also, you can interrupt most characters run with a crouch to slide. It works like a wave dash but not nearly as useful.

Based on how people are begging, and his screwed up jumping, I'd rather they completely remove Fox's Melee airdodge and redesign him than start handing them out to characters like Wolf.

This is Brawl-, not Melee-. Fox got one because he's so ridiculously good in Melee that simply reverting him to Melee form with a few tweaks is enough to make him top tier even in Minus [and he's been nerfed so severely because of it so that Melee players who want to play Minus Fox no longer enjoy his movement].

Wolf has a pseudo-wavedash and is already really, really good... buffing him on top of what he has, in the face of characters who could actually use some tweaks like Charizard, Ice Climbers, and Ganondorf, strikes me as absurd.

I'm obviously not in charge, but I think this has a very low chance of happening.

Last edited:

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Give Peach invuln or armour on a successful Toad. Literally every single counter in the game has invuln on a successful counter except Peach. It means she can be hit out of it by the second hitboxes on Samus's Missle, and Yoshi eggthrow which is stupid. I don't even care if the cancel is removed because it's help a little bit against projectile spam.

Last edited:

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
:random: Project M Stage Striking - I've seen nothing but yes from the BR for this so I'm gonna assume the answer here is yes.
:falcon:/:ganon: B-Reversible DownB: We also support this one
:jigglypuff:Gravity Requests: We have thought hard before removing Gravity from Jiggs, and the changelog explains why, but I'll explain why: Jigglypuff, as a character, is designed to go off-stage and give chase to foes she has knocked off to gimp them. However, a lot of the things that we gave her in the past seem to clash with this design, and Gravity was a major one. While it was a smaller thing before she was able to move during the taunt, it still made her only requirement "Be on the ground near the edge" to gimp a fair amount of the cast without the effort or style Jiggs is designed to use. Gravity was never intended to be a gimping tool, but an enhancement to Sing. Gravity was supposed to snag foes above her as she cancels into Sing as they came down, but it turned out to be much more efficient as an absurdly strong gimping tool. tl;dr: This was never intended to be a powerful gimping tool and as a whole it clashes with Jigglypuff's design, so don't expect this to come back.
:roy:Sm4sh idle animation: As we have a lot of other animations on the table, I wouldn't expect this added.
:roy:C-Sticking fAir issues: Please do not post bugs in the request thread. Of course we will fix this.

Last edited:

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
:random:Increase the skill ceiling: This is a rather vague request, you'd probably have to make specific requests on specific characters. Skill ceiling isn't a stat we can increase or decrease.
:jigglypuff:Rollout: You've never utilized Rollout cancels before? It's a very versatile move.
:roy:fTilt in the air: No one else is able to utilize their fTilts in the air, and I don't see why Roy should. If you want a psuedo-projectile on his fAir, that'd just ruin his fAir's combo utility.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
Based on how people are begging, and his screwed up jumping, I'd rather they completely remove Fox's Melee airdodge and redesign him than start handing them out to characters like Wolf.

This is Brawl-, not Melee-. Fox got one because he's so ridiculously good in Melee that simply reverting him to Melee form with a few tweaks is enough to make him top tier even in Minus [and he's been nerfed so severely because of it so that Melee players who want to play Minus Fox no longer enjoy his movement].

Wolf has a pseudo-wavedash and is already really, really good... buffing him on top of what he has, in the face of characters who could actually use some tweaks like Charizard, Ice Climbers, and Ganondorf, strikes me as absurd.

I'm obviously not in charge, but I think this has a very low chance of happening.
It's not a buff really. Waveshining is really hard, and pin said the team wanted to move away from complex inputs, and the waveshine input is as convoluted as can be.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
:fox:Revert Shorthop: After seeing the playerbase's tremendous issues with this change, we can indeed revert it.
:fox:Disable Tap Jump out of shine: If it is doable we'll look into doing it
:random:Make footstools untechable: The already are, aren't they?
:ivysaur:(And also :olimar::zss:) Disable Wall Jumping while clinging: We're thinking about this but aren't 100% sure of a fix?
:random:Stop characters from colliding outside throws: It would make free for alls and Teams go faster, we'll look into it
:random:Strange C-Stick buffer stuff: This is fixable and we'll fix it.

:ivysaur:(And also :olimar::zss:) Disable Wall Jumping while clinging: We're thinking about this but aren't 100% sure of a fix?

My guess is, when these characters let go of the ledge, the game places them up right up against the stage. Since they're close enough and pressing away is also the command for a wall jump, they do that next.

If I guessed right, then you might be able to solve it by editing the ledge-dangle animation. Move the character's origin further away from the stage, then move all the bones back in so that it looks the same. This way, when they drop off, the game will place them further away from the wall.

Woo!

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
My guess is, when these characters let go of the ledge, the game places them up right up against the stage. Since they're close enough and pressing away is also the command for a wall jump, they do that next.
Basically this. Away is the command to let go of the tether and it buffers a wall jump out of it.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Thanks for the Responses, Pin. Request list updated. Added a few minor Requests of my own, too.

A couple thoughts about recent posts:

Gravity: It was definitely OP, but rather than replacing it with... whatever it is we have now, I would have tried Nerfing the downward force from a strong yank into a much weaker pull. Still enough to edgeguard with, but only barely. It may go against Jiggs' overall style, but it was such a salt-inducing gimp, like Luigi's "little kick" Taunt. I liked that about it, and I don't like how the new Taunt only hits on one side of 'Puff.

Tether Hang Buffering Away into WallJump: Could an instance of "Disallow WallJump" for only the first X frames of Tether Hang fix this?

Last edited:
Just for fun: let Ike cancel Quick Draw into a taunt.

Actually, never mind. Ike already has a way to slide while taunting.

To do this, Quick Draw in midair, cancel that into nair, fast-fall, and taunt as soon as you hit the ground. For best results, use the C-stick so that you can nair and fast-fall at the same time. Also, land on a slope if possible.

The reason this works is Ike's nair has only about four frames of landing lag. Once this lag is over, he can do any move. Taunt, Counter, grab, jump, Quick Draw, Eruption, Aether (as a mix-up I guess), shield, B-reversed Counter, or any move he could do out of regular grounded Quick Draw.

Last edited:
Easier, certainly. But there's something to be said for difficult taunts: the more effort a player has to put in in order to taunt that way, the more of a taunt it is.

I mean, I wouldn't complain if Ike could cancel grounded Quick Draw into taunt. All I'm saying is, I'm personally satisfied with this one.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Gravity: It was definitely OP, but rather than replacing it with... whatever it is we have now, I would have tried Nerfing the downward force from a strong yank into a much weaker pull. Still enough to edgeguard with, but only barely. It may go against Jiggs' overall style, but it was such a salt-inducing gimp, like Luigi's "little kick" Taunt. I liked that about it, and I don't like how the new Taunt only hits on one side of 'Puff.

The only thing gravity did was cause unnecessary rage, really. Large downward windboxes that reach beyond the ledge don't have much counter play except to force a high recovery. Luigi's taunt kick is an epic disrespect move cause it requires timing and it's such a tiny hitbox.

Just my two cents.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
:fox:Revert Shorthop: After seeing the playerbase's tremendous issues with this change, we can indeed revert it.
:fox:Disable Tap Jump out of shine: If it is doable we'll look into doing it
:random:Stop characters from colliding outside throws: It would make free for alls and Teams go faster, we'll look into it
You're a god and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Footstools are techable btw

Also Wolf changes?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
So Gravity was that unpopular, huh? Not worth a Nerfed revisit? OK then.

Is it possible to at least make her new taunt attack work in both directions?

SilverStarApple

Jumping in because I actually enter tournaments for multiple Smash games rather regularly, and can link a variety of YouTube videos of me at various tournaments if you don't believe me : D

If you actually think that, you either have no idea how Brawl and Smash 4 work, or just not very bright. Or maybe both, but I'll kindly assume the former.

If you'd like help dealing with airdodges [and knowing when they're good and when they're bad, as well as how to bait and/or punish them], you can feel free to ask in another part of the forum [I don't think that's the sort of thing we discuss here, but you could probably put it in the general discussion of Brawl Minus very easily!]. Feel free to tag me and I can explain stuff too [I don't always see everything that goes on here >_>].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request: while I don't think we're allowed to rip off PM, a variation on a PM-exclusive idea could be quite interesting, so I'll suggest it [warning: might be infeasible].

In PM, if Snake holds the B button while using down+B when it's put somewhere, he fakes the detonation of the C4, and it doesn't go off.

I suggest that in Brawl Minus, a quick press and release functions normally, but otherwise, the C4 won't go off until he releases the B button. This could make for interesting setups/option coverage in a 2v1, or be used if you successfully stick someone as an airdodge read of sorts [setting it off when they can airdodge, but deliberately holding the button to wait out an airdodge].

It's a really silly idea, yes, but if it's not too tough, it adds a bit of extra flair to Snake. While it necessarily constitutes a buff [because more options and stuff], I think it's so extremely minor it can be justified pretty easily, and makes the move more Minus-y than just "yeah the explosion KOs earlier now."
I was warned when I asked if someone was having a moment, so I doubt I can respond to a post directly insulting my intelligence without making you cry like Malkasaur.

Anyway, ignoring you...

Add a really good but situational meteor hitbox to Ike's "Throw sword into the ground" taunt.

I was warned when I asked if someone was having a moment, so I doubt I can respond to a post directly insulting my intelligence without making you cry like Malkasaur.

Rather than responding to the insult, feel free to explain your position. Thor brought up airdodge punishes (I know that video is a different game, but the principle is the same), which you never addressed.

When you say that Brawl-style airdodges "suck the thought out of airplay," are you taking punishes into account? Because if one player airdodges without thinking, the other can punish them hard.

It sounds like you play Melee a lot, and you're used to that style of airdodge. Are you sure you've given Brawl-style airdodges a fair chance? See if you can bait out some airdodges the next time you play. (Wait until they're out of jumps, then jump towards them. When they airdodge, aim a bit below them, because they're going to keep falling throughout the dodge.)

Add a really good but situational meteor hitbox to Ike's "Throw sword into the ground" taunt.

P:M has that and it's amusing.

Malkasaur

BAir Master
Playtester
"making you cry like Malkasaur" KEK
Anyways, ignoring the funniest thing I've read all day, why exactly do people want tap jump disabled during shine? It makes shine upsmash way easier, as you can just shine, then usmash on regular stick. If you don't want tap jump on during shine, turn tap jump off in your controls.

Last edited: