Brawl Minus v3.5 Tier List Discussion

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
4.Shiznnits (Ice Climbers) (comments: This guy basically came out of nowhere. This was only his second tournament but he discovered a stupid exploit w/ dThrow and blizzard. This will be banned in following tournaments.)

Could you provide information in regards to this exploit, so we may see if there is a fix we can put into the next build?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Basically with heavier characters you could grab them at lower percents down throw them while simultaneously Blizzarding them across the stage. Lighter chars or heavy chars at high percent or heavy chars DIing perfectly could be uptilted instead of regrabed and juggled with IC's amazing up air. More of easy damage racking than exploit really.

Edit: Also Peach...could be higher in everyone's tier list. She has probably one of the greatest shield pressure games in the well...game. Her dAir is a terror on shields and combos well into all her other aerials and her dSmash wrecks shields. She also has her DACDS which covers half of FD and gives her a turnip. I will concede however that she is light. I was actually KO'd in 4 moves from someone's Ganondorf. But anyways yeah still good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I Dorf''d your Peach too.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Hurr hurr

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Playing with .5-1 second of input lag for the first time...was disconcerting(?) I suppose is the word. I think I'm slightly better at wifi now anyways. Slightly.
It takes a while to get used to. I have to play much more cautiously when even a little lag is present.

Baby_Sneak

i say that tier list needs to bump squirtle up a couple spots, like lowest b tier or something......................

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
It's not that squirtle and peach are BAD in minus, its that everyone else is so much better. Squirtle is very harmful to some higher-teired characters in brawl minus like, Jiggly puff. THAT matchup is so hard. Peach has potential out the ass with turnip shenanigans.

Glyph

People have been saying how good squirtle is since the first time I posted a tier list, and I've still never seen a replay of one doing anything unbelievably good. Same with peach. They are for sure good, just not as consistent as most other characters.

Thor

Maybe if I saw Peach's shield pressure I'd worry, but... as it is, it still feels like she just isn't that great compared to most characters.

I hate fighting Sonic, but since I never lose by much when I do lose, I think it's just that Sonic's good at pressuring me (mental block). I'm working over it though, hopefully won't be a problem and I'll just start stomping him in the dirt (I may not be fast but h h h he he he he he's he's he's he's too he's too weeeeak!)

Squirtle can also mess me up because I'm not used to him at all, but I think that's just play experience. He does feel rather weak compared to a lot of the cast, and his range issues are still sort of a thing.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
My peach has Wickd shield pressure. Most characters' only option is to roll out shield from a floating dair. I'm going to say once again I'm not the best at wifi(yet :p) but I'm working on it. I think my main issue is I'm playing her too much like melee. Also a shielded glide toss turnip almost always leads in to grabs. Also gonna mix in side-b canceled aeriels when I get back. Presha, presha, indeed.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Shield pressure on Jiggs is not very smart. Not only is her shield freaking huge, if you break it above 50% ur fuken ded.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Maybe if I saw Peach's shield pressure I'd worry, but... as it is, it still feels like she just isn't that great compared to most characters.

I hate fighting Sonic, but since I never lose by much when I do lose, I think it's just that Sonic's good at pressuring me (mental block). I'm working over it though, hopefully won't be a problem and I'll just start stomping him in the dirt

Squirtle can also mess me up because I'm not used to him at all, but I think that's just play experience. He does feel rather weak compared to a lot of the cast, and his range issues are still sort of a thing.

I can show you a decent Peach. Not great by any means but I can likely stand up to your subs if not beat them.
Sonic on the other hand, I know I can show you what a good Sonic looks like. I haven't seen any others.
Squirtle isn't weak really. and I'd say his up smash is deceptively strong. He also has like 1 frame jabs and a lot of moves with virtually no endlag. Not to mention bowser tier super armor on some places where he doesn't really need it.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I can show you a decent Peach. Not great by any means but I can likely stand up to your subs if not beat them.
Sonic on the other hand, I know I can show you what a good Sonic looks like. I haven't seen any others.
Squirtle isn't weak really. and I'd say his up smash is deceptively strong. He also has like 1 frame jabs and a lot of moves with virtually no endlag. Not to mention bowser tier super armor on some places where he doesn't really need it.
Sneak's squirtle is amazing. I'm a peach main too and I'd be happy (once I get back from DC to show you what I can do. I'm not the best, especially since I picked her up to main on wifi but bash called me scary. I can do work with peach.

Glyph

^you're dead at any percent bash. Peach's fthrow killes Jiggs at like 50 though. I've been thinking... And you will learn to hate her fthrow when I get back.

He was referring to jigg's explosion in shield break I think. jiggs herself dies regardless of percentage if it breaks.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
It's a move that can make or break the match at the cost of one stock. I went for a shield break on glyph's Charziard instead of trying to take a stock. It worked, and it definitely helped. Go for shield break when you can't get a KO.