Brawl Minus MAX cBliss thread

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Oh mercy me, I got so caught up in drawing last night I forgot to post someone! I'm sorry!

Take this!

7BymR.png

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I figure I'd bring it up here since this started around the time I started heading the project and never really went anywhere.. If we added cBliss to Brawl Minus, all of the added colors would be palette swaps unless we got great modelers who work frequently. If the community wants some nice looking palette swaps, we can do that, but we wouldn't be able to deliver much in terms of models. In addition, the vBrawl style CSPs would have to be modified for the new colors as well, so Minus-style would be easier to work with.

It all depends on what you, the players, want though, so if you would like to have us attempt cBliss again, state your thoughts!

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Sounds good to me. More costume slots would be great.

Semi-related question: Know how certain costumes in Project M have custom GFX and SFX, like Dr. Mario's pills? Is that only possible via their Clone Engine, or is that something we can do in Minus too? If GFX and SFX can be one-slot, does that mean I could have different voices on a single costume slot without affecting the voices on the other slots?

NEWB

Well. Project M has shadow queen peach with darkness attacks and a fire version with fire effects. Things like this would be super cool. I personally would like shadow Mario with shadow effects, and I guess that would include the doctor as well.... Other characters can get stuff too, but easy places like this are a gods place to start.

When you say that you guys would give cbliss another shot, that means it was put on hold? Minus versions of the false characters from SSE sounded super cool. Lots of characters have there own canon shadow version to add to that and I. Sire others could be made.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I still support the appearance of cBliss in Minus. Even if the extra costumes are just recolors, they would be a nice addition, giving Minus just a bit of extra charm.

However, I just have to ask, should we expect the Final Smash eyes glitch with characters that have them? I know Kirby, Ness, and Pikachu are notable examples.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I believe The shadow queen peach and dr.mario in PM use a function in Clone Engine to put more than one character in a css slot, similar to Zelda & Sheik shared slot or Pokemon trainer and his pokemon's slot. It's one slot shared by multiple SEPARATE characters with different movesets and costumes. BrawlEX can do it too.

Edit: I'm also unsure if BrawlEX can work with cBliss

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I believe The shadow queen peach and dr.mario in PM use a function in Clone Engine to put more than one character in a css slot, similar to Zelda & Sheik shared slot or Pokemon trainer and his pokemon's slot. It's one slot shared by multiple SEPARATE characters with different movesets and costumes. BrawlEX can do it too.

Edit: I'm also unsure if BrawlEX can work with cBliss
Incorrect. Separate effects are done in PSA.

NEWB

Yeah. Back when I first mentioned it, I was told the same thing. No tricks from clone engine. They just discovered where the characters effects were stored in PSA or something. They noticed that Mario's fireballs were placed in such a way that you could just add pills to it and put it on specific slots. Sonic brawler told me that he thinks he knows how to do it.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
When I'm wrong I'm wrong. I don't know what PSA is capable of.