BRAWL MINUS DEV STREAM! SUNDAY 8PM EST/5PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEWB

Is it that hard to move this to the right thread? Post on the other thread and tag someone jeez. It's not worth getting in trouble for laziness.

I am a PRETTY lazy person myself so I do understand wholeheartedly. Just saying,

While we are apparently talking about it again....

Ganon 3.5 utilt can break shields. This is not always consistent because the wind doesn't always leave them in shield stun if they were already at close range but this can be done.

Everyone can punish the startup? That's only if you are stupid and just try throwing it out. So people wouldn't just mindlessly throw out the punch is most likely one of the reasons it was changed, Ganon has absolutely no problem distancing himself from people. He creates gaps by smacking people with just about any move in his arsenal because he is hella strong.

All of Samus projectiles have startup, even fast missiles. As long as you started gandouken first (after you hit them) it will come out and break Samus projectiles,

New gandouken doesn't look like its a projectile anymore. I can't confirm this. I think that because it looked like the hitbox behaved like the ranged portion of his fsmash. And I didn't here a super scope spawn when it was shown on the stream. Just speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
The Warlock Punch OHKO is above "Minus Staple", it's one something that defines what Minus is and thus not something that cannot be changed without fundamentally weakening the identity of the mod. So even if someone comes up with a Warlock Punch that's just all around admittedly better than a slow, unsafe OHKO we still wouldn't change things (and in case anyone is wondering, that's basically the only gameplay related thing that's not up for debate).
...Of all the cool new moves the Minus Team has made, OHKO WP is the one you hold in highest regard? I know it's one of the oldest, but it's also one of the most simple, and the most extreme. As-is, WP "Breaks the Limits" in the most uncreative way possible:

"Let's take the most powerful move in the game and make it... even MORE powerful!"

I can't find the exact quote right now, but I recall a dev saying that you all want to make moves that are polished; high-quality; professionally made. Not moves that anyone can throw together in PSA by changing a few digits.

OHKO WP is not the move I'd say best represents Minus. Far from it. Glyph called my SFWP "hamhanded", but that term applies to the official version as well (if not more so). At least I'm trying to make the move useful. Leaving it in its current, wildly impractical state just seems lazy to me.

That's all I've got to say about it.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Glyph be like:
tumblr_inline_mxmc2m7SB21rz789h.gif

Glyph

Jesus why can't you guys just NOT talk about it? I'm not infracting here since Maw started the discussion off (BRUH?!?!) but damn you guys are like broken records

Thor

Is it that hard to move this to the right thread? Post on the other thread and tag someone jeez. It's not worth getting in trouble for laziness.

I am a PRETTY lazy person myself so I do understand wholeheartedly. Just saying,

While we are apparently talking about it again....

Ganon 3.5 utilt can break shields. This is not always consistent because the wind doesn't always leave them in shield stun if they were already at close range but this can be done.

Everyone can punish the startup? That's only if you are stupid and just try throwing it out. So people wouldn't just mindlessly throw out the punch is most likely one of the reasons it was changed, Ganon has absolutely no problem distancing himself from people. He creates gaps by smacking people with just about any move in his arsenal because he is hella strong.

All of Samus projectiles have startup, even fast missiles. As long as you started gandouken first (after you hit them) it will come out and break Samus projectiles,

New gandouken doesn't look like its a projectile anymore. I can't confirm this. I think that because it looked like the hitbox behaved like the ranged portion of his fsmash. And I didn't here a super scope spawn when it was shown on the stream. Just speculation.

Gandouken is frame 72. Samus missiles can get from one end of FD to the other by that point. A significant portion of the cast can get to the other end of the FD by that point.

Either one is close enough to 'Dorf to hit him, or they're so far away that Ganondorf's Gandouken will be fizzled out by the time he catches up to it - you can just sit and taunt out of range and he can't do anything to you. In both cases the projectile is useless. The only time it's not useless is when the opponent is super far away and attempts to approach you anyway, but everyone can jump over it. This does limit their movement somewhat, but unless one is literally only stalling with Gandouken, they can still just opt to stand out of range and laugh [and taunt if they want]. However, usefulness is not a measure of brokenness in Minus so this is pointless.

I would hope the wind from utilt doesn't lock people in shields. That would be stupid. But I'll see about tech-chasing with utilt to get huge damage/shield breaks and see how that works in 4.0.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Improving Warlock Punch has been the most-debated thing on this forum by far, despite the devs' insistence against it.

If the devs are making Minus for the community as a whole, this really deserves a topic of its own at this point. The devs don't have to pay any attention to it, but it deserves to exist, if only to organize and document the discussion. It could be called...

"Arguments For and Against Changing Warlock Punch"

I could post both sides of the argument, and further discussion could be isolated to that thread. Such arguments don't belong in my Custom Warlock Punch topic -- advocation for official change has been banned in that thread anyway. That leaves the subject in a grey area; it has no "home base", so it keeps popping up in other topics.

If the devs are making Minus for themselves, then nevermind. There's no point in further discussion.

Glyph

Literally if there is a single response beyond those two (which I'm choosing to believe were made before I posted) I'm just straight up temp banning people. There has been warning after warning after warning and I'm done playing around with it.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
------------------------

See this line? I don't care who started this debate up again, if it continues past this point in this topic, I'm going to hand out warnings to whoever brings it up again. There is a thread for this crap. This is not that thread. This thread was about the stream, and it has since then been hijacked. Enough is enough

Damnit Glyph ninja-ing me.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I'll fair you straight to the blast line you nerd.

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this topic since there is no more reason for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.