Brawl Minus 3.Q is all Qued up and ready to go!

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I actually keep having a problem where I keep playing Smash 4 like it's Minus lol Going for follow ups that aren't doable and such :( I'm looking forward to the news!

I often forget how long it takes to activate Kirby's Stone, and whenever I use his dthrow I feel a little sad inside :(
Also pretty hype for a Minus progress update.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
You actually have a problem where you triple post on a forum.

I'm kidding, but was the internet really THAT laggy when you hit post?
Did it triple post??? I only saw it post once :( Sorry about that, I'd have the deleted the extras myself if I'd seen it happen. It did lag a lot for some reason at the time but I didn't realize it would multi-post :/

I often forget how long it takes to activate Kirby's Stone, and whenever I use his dthrow I feel a little sad inside :(
Also pretty hype for a Minus progress update.

I dunno, I like Smash 4 but it does have a few problems. I do think it's kinda sad that everyone is SO hellbent on finding some way to make the Meta game be more like Melee or just more competitive. If Samurai would at least nerf all the defensive options a tad (not by making them suck but by making them less abusable) we'd probably have less people trying to turn it into Melee 2.0 again. Inb4 PM Mods pls make Smash 4 PM

Thor

Did it triple post??? I only saw it post once :( Sorry about that, I'd have the deleted the extras myself if I'd seen it happen. It did lag a lot for some reason at the time but I didn't realize it would multi-post :/

Well either a mod cleaned it up or actually my own end was at fault XD

However, I'm going with the former since my internet at the time seemed good and I didn't manage to triple-post myself (I think...).

NEWB

They still need to buff metaknight IMO. He gained bair as a kill move but he needs more than that and upb to kill. His sword trails are also so translucent and fast that you can't see them. I frequently miss with Uair and dair. His infinite jab also sucks balls since he gets locked into the whole thing. And yet, you are encouraged to use it because his three ftilts are super weak.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Well either a mod cleaned it up or actually my own end was at fault XD

However, I'm going with the former since my internet at the time seemed good and I didn't manage to triple-post myself (I think...).

Probably my fault all the same too. BTW have you guys heard? Some people wanna use Heavy gravity + Smooth landing equip as a competitive mode now. Examples :

I dunno, I'm skeptical. This is just like with Brawl when people were desperate to find the one tech that'd change the game to be super competitive.

NEWB

That person can't play zelda....

And I'm open to such things. Does smooth lander kill some landlag?

Thor

It's not making it "more competitive" because you can't quantify a qualitative word. Similarly, I can't say that something is "more red" if I'm handed two shades of red that each fill the whole same-sized thing - yeah, I can say one looks to be closer to a red I find ideal, but if they're just different shades of red, neither has a claim to being the most red.

It's making the game into the kind of competition they prefer, as compared to the competition that Smash 4 currently offers.

Unless you can standardize all equipment, I doubt it will catch on - and even if you can't, I don't think it will (kinda hope it doesn't since some recoveries become downright awful).

For the record, I have heard smooth lander cuts landing lag by 1/3.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Dorf, more terrifying than he already was. I love it.

Gold_TSG

The memo said "Gold quit Minus."

So no. Lol

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Did you guys hear the news about the future of Smash?
Well, Sakurai said that with his arm problem, among other things, then Smash 4 is very likely to be the last Smash game.

NEWB

It's odd hearing that. Nintendo will most certainly be around forever, so there will be new characters that would be awesome in a new smash but sakurai might be necessary for making a smash game. Nintendo will probably not let it die though so I figure they'll try putting someone else in charge.

Gold_TSG

Just because he leaves doesn't mean it'll end

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I certainly hope that it doesn't end! Smash is my favorite game series and I'd hate for it to end! Not to mention that it's a huge moneymaker for Nintendo. Amiibos in the US alone made Nintendo over $1 billion!

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I remember he said that he made Smash game as though they were the last in the series in order to make the best game he possibly could. This is probably a misinterpretation of that quote.
He directly stated that Smash 4 is very likely to be the last game in the series. He didn't say that he was making it LIKE it was, he said that it probably WILL be.

Thor

I don't think Nintendo will let Smash die easily. It's the only game series in the world that sells consoles.

Larsenv

Would there be a way to remove the BrawlEx on this build and use another clone engine, such as Project M's?

I want to play Brawl Minus via USB Loaders, but BrawlEx gets in the way..

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Would there be a way to remove the BrawlEx on this build and use another clone engine, such as Project M's?

I want to play Brawl Minus via USB Loaders, but BrawlEx gets in the way..
You can't really use the P:M clone engine. They never officially released it to the public. Besides, what other clone engine could you use?

Larsenv

You can't really use the P:M clone engine. They never officially released it to the public. Besides, what other clone engine could you use?

Hmm, I actually found it in a Project M custom build, (Project M 3.5 Sempai's Build) in the extracted /codes/ directory there's a text file. It's in a really long code that's called "Remainder of Project M 3.5 Full".

Is it OK to link to it? If not, never mind then...

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Hmm, I actually found it in a Project M custom build, (Project M 3.5 Sempai's Build) in the extracted /codes/ directory there's a text file. It's in a really long code that's called "Remainder of Project M 3.5 Full".

Is it OK to link to it? If not, never mind then...
Man, you're asking the wrong guy if it's OK to link it.

NEWB

Odds are, that jumbled mess isn't just the clone engine code. It contains other codes that they haven't released.