Brawl Minus 3.Q is all Qued up and ready to go!

PermaVermin

Infinite Loser / Rodent
I wanted to mention that it's fantastic you all are still working on this! I thought it had died a long time ago and I'm glad to see that things are still getting updated.
I'd like to try to stream at my weekly events again in the future!

Blazingflare

Beep Beep Beep Boop
I'm curious, what was the purpose of removing the healing portion from Pichu's taunt?
Also, why does Pichu still not have a voice clip on his side-taunt? It looks weird without any sound effects. You could just make him say "Pichu, Pi!" using the already available sound clips.
I actually already did that with my copy in PSA.

Edit: It's really easy to do it, just change the SFX event on subaction 1BE and 1BF to
Code:
Asynchronous Timer: frames=13
Sound Effect: 25DA
Asynchronous Timer: frames=53
Sound Effect: 25DD

Last edited by a moderator:

?0123456789?

How do I successfully replace the version of the character in the newest release with a version from an older release? Say I want 3.3 Samus instead of the 3.Q version. Do I not just replace one character folder with another? I tried that and it still played the 3.Q version. How do I do this?

NEWB

Take the samus folder from 3.3 and replace the samus folder in 3.Q with the samus folder from 3.3.

If this didn't work, there is a possibility that you messed up and did the reverse, replacing 3.3 samus with 3.Q instead.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Try copying the files FitSamus.pac and FitSamusMotionEtc.pac to the samus folder and replace everything. There may or may not be the second file but thats all right.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Or maybe Mac OS.
Try on Windows or something.

If that's not it, you may have the wrong Samus in 3.3.

Lightning

Ikesexual
You guys are forgetting that Samus' files are also located inside common2.pac (or common4, I forget..) which is found in the system folder. Also, when you move that, you need to take Zelda, Sheik, and ZSS with them, so you'll need to move 3.3 Zelda, Sheik, and ZSS. It's sortof a package deal...

?0123456789?

3.Q has FitSamus.pac , FitSamusMotionEtc.pac and Samus Fixes.txt

3.3 has " ", " ", FitSamus06.pac , FitSamus06.pcs , same for 07, 08, and 09.

Tried replacing entire folder, didn't work. Tried just replacing FitSamus.pac and FitSamusMotionEtc.pac , that didn't work either. Everything was spelled correctly for sure.

Lightning

Ikesexual
I think you could replace their files inside it, but, last time I did that, one of them would give me a hard freeze.. I suggest just taking all. It's easier. :p

?0123456789?

You guys are forgetting that Samus' files are also located inside common2.pac (or common4, I forget..) which is found in the system folder. Also, when you move that, you need to take Zelda, Sheik, and ZSS with them, so you'll need to move 3.3 Zelda, Sheik, and ZSS. It's sortof a package deal...

Oh, really? Darn, I was hoping I could just get Samus.

Ferrous Faucet

I just thought I'd let you all know that I tried Brawl Minus 3.Q today, and the game froze on the strap screen, just as it has for the past several versions. I know it's just me, but I don't have any idea what the problem could be. This time I used the minima launcher that came with the download, and it still froze.

I reported earlier that it froze on my friend's Wii U, but since then it has worked and we've played it at his house many times. Haven't tried 3.Q there yet but 3.5 is the one we've been playing, I think. It especially doesn't make sense because in that case, I copied the contents of my (freezing) SD card directly onto his SD card. And it seems to work on his Wii U but still freezes for me on the strap screen.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
3.Q's strap screen freezes on me too, around 50% of the time. Don't press any buttons until that little sparkle finishes animating. Sometimes it'll freeze anyway. Power off, reseat the SD card, and try again until it works.

Valravn

I know that on USB Loader I generally have to set the hook type to AXnextframe to prevent freezes. I haven't used minimalauncher but if it's similar that could help.

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Its always been that way for me. Generally I have to reset my Wii four or five times before it loads properly. It seems to freeze less if you press A just as the 'Q' slides onscreen with the sparkle effect. Pressing any buttons before that tends to make it freeze, and waiting to long after the animation makes it freeze as well. It doesn't matter for me what I use, Gecko, Minimalauncher, and Project M's launcher all react the same way.