Brawl Minus 3.3 is BACK!

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
The camera issues only happen with some of the stages they added, including the melee yoshi stage, fourside, hyrule castle and metal cavern. They aren't using the brawl camera, and as such it moves around and zooms at a much faster pace, which is disorienting, making some of them unplayable for people like me (the worst being fourside).

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'm not seeing any reference to Weegee...?

Camera issues are most noticeable on classic expansion stages like Hyrule Castle and Fourside.

Other Aether's suggestion fixed it. Thanks!

Other Aether

Mediator
Other Aether's suggestion fixed it. Thanks!
Glad it worked! For future reference, never rename a .rel unless you're just changing the STGCUSTOM number. .rels are hex data, and they have to reference the stage that they go over. Whenever you want a stage that's meant for one stage to go over another, just get a .rel from that link and it'll work (although Hanenbow and Flat Zone will still be flat as far as I know).

Gold_TSG

After formatting my card after a corruption and downloading minus again, it will not stop crashing on the loading screen. What the fuck.

Gold_TSG

Gecko. It has never been this bad since the glitchy release.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
You said you reformatted, is it formatted to the same format as it was before? (FAT32, FAT, etc) I'm unsure whether or not there is a certain format to have.

Other Aether

Mediator
After formatting my card after a corruption and downloading minus again, it will not stop crashing on the loading screen. What the fuck.
I added a new stage, and then mine kept crashing over and over at the strap screen. Then I deleted the stage, and it worked. Have you added any stages lately? Just a thought...

Gold_TSG

I literally downloaded just the stuff from the site. Nothing special was added or removed to caus this to happen.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Try using the Minus Max 1.01 StrapEn.pac file instead of the Minus3.3 one.

Gold_TSG

I already tried disabling the strap entirely, but it still froze on brawl's default.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
It seems you're not the only one suffering from this. I wonder why this problem isn't affecting everyone.

NEWB

That sucks gold... Try redownloading minus again???

I had mine working with gecko, pm launcher, and minima launcher.

Gold_TSG

I found a temporary solution that seems to bypass the freeze for now. If I flip the white switch on the SD card to lock it, it will load up minus past the freezing screen, which leaves me to switch it back once it's loaded so it doesn't randomly switch back to vbrawl after a couple matches.

Thor

Not to be annoying about it, but I really liked Wario's flying Bike - is it possible the devs can make it like Charizard's glide, where you can only descend with it but not rise? This will let it have awesome flying powers, but also let it land if the driver wishes to touch down with it.

NEWB

Wario is incredibly good and kinda annoying. I would rather not see him get buffs yet, but the bike isn't that great anyway, so whatever.

Thor

Well, some people I know would play more often if his bike went straight horizontal, which is why I ask for this change, is really the only reason [they want me to download 2.X.6 or whatever one has the floating bike].

Wario is SUPER annoying if played right though, I agree, although they don't play him as annoying as possible.

NEWB

I don't know. When I play as him, my opponents can't keep up and I assume that is annoying. He has fair chains and Nair chains and dtilt messes up approaches and people aren't prepared for his fully charged fsmash and some people can't deal with his rolling crate and bair flying and not being able to tech away because I slide forward with ftilt. Sorry about the poor sentence. It's just that wario is all over the place. He has freer mobility than sonic at times. He was one of those guys that you don't need to main them in order to wreck face.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I find him powerful, with many tricks up his sleeve, but the only thing I find "annoying" about him is Air Shipping, which is a maneuver I've only seen Glyph use so far (haven't faced many forum Warios) in which you ride and attack the rolling crate back to the stage from almost certain KO.

NEWB

Yeah, I do that too. I've been messing it up occasionally though. I keep accidentally walking off when I mean to turn around.

Other Aether

Mediator
Wario is actually really good. My brother mains him, and his priority... Bothers me. His late dTilt can literally clash with Falcon Punch. I haven't even figured out how it works, but I've never outprioritized him. He's fast, mobile, unpredictable and can string fAir like a boss. I don't think he needs buffs.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i agree with the suggestion to make his bike able to go either horizontal or dive like charizard... it'd also help with actually making the bike hitting walls more like an option if recovering from final D and you wanna use it, all i'd add for balance is to make the explosion a tiny bit bigger and make wario suffer a lot more damage and/or a much stronger blast from it

Thor

I think (After watching a replay) that Meta Knight's pummel causes negative percent, much like Jigglypuff's Rest used to. I say this because uthrow is supposed to do bob-omb level knockback and 45%, but I did 2 pummels -> uthrow at 0% (pummels heal 2% each - I like it for trying to heal into range of uthrow survival if I'm at around like 35%) and I ended up with 41%, which would be consistent with the negative percent glitch.

If you check this out, I'd suggest checking out Pichu's healing taunt and any other non-Rest healing moves characters have, not because I think they're messed up, but just because I think MK's is messed up so the fix might not have been applied elsewhere.