Brawl- M3: Mirror Match Masters

Glyph

I'll throw my hat into the ring for Charizard, Ness, Kirby, Ivysaur, ROB, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, and Random I guess???

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I got the Champion Titles for Falcon and 'Dorf, yeah!

NEWB is now Mario Champion. Close games!

I got you added in Glyph. You'll have to challenge NEWB or Pro for a Random RU spot, or wait until a spot opens up when one of them becomes Random Champ. For an Ike RU spot, challenge WastedCrits or me.

NEWB

We should make it a policy to record these matches. There is too much heresay around here. We really need a good library if videos to draw atemtinon

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
NEWB said:
We should make it a policy to record these matches. There is too much heresay around here. We really need a good library if videos to draw atemtinon
It's a good idea to save replays of any significant match. I save all replays as long as the players involved play well and don't make too many mistakes.

As for more videos, we already have Glyph's channel, DukeBattleDrive. If anyone has replays of 1v1s or 2v2s in which characters are played at the upper limit of their potential, send them to Glyph and he might upload them. Or you can upload them to a channel of your own...

WastedCrits

I'd like to claim the empty Ganondorf RU spot.
I'm also in favor of uploading all of these matches, for heresay, as NEWB mentioned, and also for the enjoyment of the people not involved in the match. :D

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
WastedCrits said:
I'm also in favor of uploading all of these matches, for heresay, as NEWB mentioned, and also for the enjoyment of the people not involved in the match. :D
Hmm, someone would need to start their own YT channel to upload all (or even most) of these title matches. Glyph only wants replays of...

- Characters playing at the upper limit of their Max potential
- Characters making effective use of lesser-known tricks & techniques
- Underrepresented characters
- 1v1 or 2v2 ONLY

A bunch of these title matches won't show off much we haven't already seen.

That said, if anyone wants to upload good Replays of Title Matches and link to them here, feel free.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
i'm up to play against whoever's ready!

Friend code is now with my information, and it is most convenient to reach me on skype.

Glyph

I beat Pin for the Kirby slot, gunna try to get in touch with Pro for the other places I can challenge.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
It's been one week since we started this, so all of the "LOCKED" Champion Title slots are now unlocked.

The following rules apply:

- If there is only one Runner-Up and no Champion, the Runner-Up may claim the Champion slot.
- If there are two Runner-Ups and no Champion, they may have a title match to decide who is the Champion.
- An empty Champion slot may be claimed by anyone if there are no Runner-Ups.
- A Runner-Up does not automatically become Champion if the Champion spot becomes empty; it must be claimed.

I'm claiming the Champion spots for the following characters which have no other Runner-Up except me:

- Pikachu
- Snake
- Yoshi
- Zelda
- Zelda & Sheik

I'll also claim the Champion slots for Sheik and Wario, and the other Runner-Up slot for Luigi.

TL, DNR version: All CH slots unlocked! If you're the only RU or there are no RUs, claim any such CH slots you want. Two RUs already? Have a Title Match.

Looks like the following Champion Title Matches should happen:

Charizard CH: Glyph VS Joenen
Ike CH: Bent 00 VS WastedCrits
Jigglypuff CH: Joenen VS NEWB
Link CH: Bent 00 VS NEWB
Lucario CH: Joenen VS Sammi-husky
Luigi CH: Bent 00 VS NEWB
Marth CH: Lightning VS Pin Clock
Mr. Game and Watch CH: NEWB VS Pin Clock
Pokemon Trainer CH: Glyph VS Joenen
Random CH: Joenen VS NEWB

And the following RUs may claim a CH slot since there are no other RUs for their character...

Glyph: Ivysaur, Ness, R.O.B.
Joenen: Peach, Sonic
Lightning: Toon Link
NEWB: Bowser, Donkey Kong, Falco, Metaknight, Samus, Zero Suit Samus
Sammi-husky: Squirtle

The following CH slots are open for anyone to claim since there are no RUs:

- Diddy Kong
- Fox
- Ice Climbers
- King Dedede
- Lucas
- Olimar
- Pit
- Wolf

Lightning

Ikesexual
I'll claim Toon Link's.

Also, I just messaged Pin Clock about the Marth CH. :)

Glyph

I won the Random, Pokemon Trainer, and Charizard games! I've got replays, they should be up shortly.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Glyph said:
I won the Random, Pokemon Trainer, and Charizard games! I've got replays, they should be up shortly.
Which Random slot did you win, and who did you end up playing as?

I'm guessing you got Pro's Random RU slot. Watch out NEWB!

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'll be available later tonight if anyone's game. I still need to do the following Title Matches:

Ike CH: Bent 00 VS WastedCrits
Link CH: Bent 00 VS NEWB
Luigi CH: Bent 00 VS NEWB

I'll go ahead and challenge either NEWB or Glyph for a Random RU slot too. Fun stuff. :)

WastedCrits

I'm gonna be free, too, so we can do our Ike match. While we're connected, I'd also like to have a C. Falcon rematch, now that I've taken your recommendations to help with the lag, and a Ganon champ match.

NEWB

I'm free to fight as well bent. How does that other chat work? It's wants me to login or something.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
NEWB said:
I'm free to fight as well bent. How does that other chat work? It's wants me to login or something.
To use the chat, simply pick a Nickname and click Connect. You can ignore the Channels, Auth, and Password boxes. You can register your Nickname if you want, but it's easier to not do so.

I'll be online and in the chat shortly.