Brawl- M3: Mirror Match Masters

Thor

I fought Lightning for the Marth title and took it 2-1. I then fought Lightning for the TL title and took it 2-1. However, given the extremely close matches, I offered a runback on the TL and Lightning got it 2-1.

However, I decided to give the RU title back to Lightning for Marth (invalidate our matches, essentially) after learning that I won't be able to bring my Wii to summer college stuff, so I'll be out of commission for 2 months. Since the time to answer a challenge is one week, and being out of commission is not a reason you don't lose your title,

I relinquish all titles I have here, both champion (MK only, I believe) and RU (I have at least a few).

If somehow I can bring my Wii to summer college (if that changes - I leave this Thursday so it's unlikely though), then I can just fight to rewin my titles (had to earn them in the first place, I think I can work to re-earn them). But as of this post, I have no titles (and Lightning has the TL champ title - Lightning and Bash are fighting for Marth RU I believe, so I don't know where that will end up).

I get back August 9th, so I will likely not be able to play anyone (if things stay as they are) from June 12th to August 9th+, and I may not even play tomorrow or June 10th, since I have some DLC in a game I haven't started that expires before August 9th, so I have to go get that.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I took the RU slot for Dorf from Newb, so I'll be going after Bent soon.

Gold_TSG

Yo Bent, what's the rule in a situation where a champion keeps trying to set up a match with a challenger, but the challenger doesn't get around to it in time?

Gold_TSG

Defended my Marth title against Bash.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Bent, I've never played you before. I challenge your Sheik for the Champ spot.
Ellipsis, I've also never played you before. I challenge for Pit spot.
Never know until you try.

I redact these challenges.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Yo Bent, what's the rule in a situation where a champion keeps trying to set up a match with a challenger, but the challenger doesn't get around to it in time?
If the Champ doesn't face you within a week of your initial challenge, his or her title is yours unless you prefer to wait on them longer.

Thor

No he's saying it's the OTHER side... like, challenger makes challenge and then is never around.

I'd assume they have to re-issue the challenge or else set it up and then officially declare it, if it's a problem. And if that fails, they forfeit the right to challenge people for a little while.

Gold_TSG

No he's saying it's the OTHER side... like, challenger makes challenge and then is never around.

I'd assume they have to re-issue the challenge or else set it up and then officially declare it, if it's a problem. And if that fails, they forfeit the right to challenge people for a little while.

This, basically, since there is no rule. It would be unfair to any champ that makes an effort to schedule a match, only for the challenger to not be present for the matches. That basically means I could challenge anyone for a champ spot, sit back for a week, and claim it without a fight, in theory.

Thor

Well, I don't KNOW the rules, I just made something up that seemed fair.

Gold_TSG

I'm only saying. In this situation, the rules are not in favor of the champ whatsoever.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Oops, should've read that more carefully.

If a Challenger and a Champ agree on a time and date to fight for a title, and the Challenger doesn't show, the Challenger's Challenge is void and must be resent. If the Champ doesn't show, he or she still has 7 days from the time of the Challenge to reschedule.

Gold_TSG

Beeeeeent... Beeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnt...

I'm coming for your Dorf title...~

Also don't forget to update the list. I'm Falco champ and Dorf RU.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Alright so... I'm just gonna start calling some people out here. I'm coming for some titles...

Set me as Runner Up for...
Ike
Link- Gotta challenge someone...
Peach
Pit
Toon Link
Zelda
Sonic- Gotta challenge someone...

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Beeeeeent... Beeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnt...

I'm coming for your Dorf title...~

Also don't forget to update the list. I'm Falco champ and Dorf RU.
Ruh-roh. You've got a good shot at winning since lag throws me off so much.

I've got a full schedule until Monday, though.

I'll update the list when I can get to a PC. It's annoying to update it from my tablet.

Gold_TSG

Lag isn't as bad as it used to be, but I've also been improving my Dorf, so.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Interesting, I'm looking forward to our match then.

I'd ask if you'd like to use the MAX 1.01 version of 'Dorf, but I think I know what your answer would be...

I highly doubt I could trick you with Cancellable Warlock Punches anyway.

Gold_TSG

I'd prefer if we did it based on the most current releases, as that makes it fair for everyone anyway.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Is it possible we can change the rules a bit?

Right now it's best two out of three and thats one game.
Why not have it more tournament like? Where it's the first to five wins or best two out of three games?

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
1.A single win is a "round." Best two out of three rounds is a game. You need to win two of three games.

2.First to five single wins.

Those are the two ideas.

NEWB

Did you mean best 3 of 5 singles?

I like this idea for the champion matches, but keep RU spots best 2 of 3 rounds maybe.

Gold_TSG

Why not just keep it simple?