Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

NEWB

Hopefully they make it in as assist trophies.

What were the other games that came over with xenoblade? The Last Story was one, what was the other? Are they pricey too?

Did you get to play xenoblade bash?

NEWB

I only ask because I've only heard that xenoblade was a critically acclaimed game. I haven't heard anything about them. That's also a shame if they are that good :(

Thor

A character that can change his properties at will = a character without bad matchups

/shulk

Nope. If there's a character with a strong CG [ex: ICs, perhaps Pikachu again], then yeah, Shulk has a wide variety of options to not get grabbed, but... one grab = OHKO usually means the MU is in favor of the CGer, unless the character has incredibly strong options to avoid getting grabbed or break out [MK, Snake, Marth, TL, ZSS, Diddy, ROB, Peach].

Also, people saying leak is real/been confirmed by Shulk:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e1rpo/psa_the_leak_is_fake_proof_inside/

Also notice the utter lack of the Mii fighters in the leaked photos.

Really I'm just saying this because I don't want Duck Hunt Dog. But there is good reasoning - Ness's shirt also lacks some details, some characters are out of order, human players are given levels [or else not labeled CPUs, and I think they were elsewhere], etc.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e1rpo/psa_the_leak_is_fake_proof_inside/

Also notice the utter lack of the Mii fighters in the leaked photos.

Really I'm just saying this because I don't want Duck Hunt Dog. But there is good reasoning - Ness's shirt also lacks some details, some characters are out of order, human players are given levels [or else not labeled CPUs, and I think they were elsewhere], etc.
The possibility of the leak being true is basically 100% at this point. The leak's render of Shulk is the same as the official one, several menus in the leak were literally shown off in PoTD's the days after (FD forms of stages being "Omega" forms), etc.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Im convinced that sakurai planned the leak and is going to crush all our dreams by making Dr.Luigi, baby roaslina and Pink gold peach playable

Thor

The possibility of the leak being true is basically 100% at this point. The leak's render of Shulk is the same as the official one, several menus in the leak were literally shown off in PoTD's the days after (FD forms of stages being "Omega" forms), etc.

It doesn't have Mii fighters, so unless those were cut, the leak HAS to be wrong because it claimed to have the full roster.

Humans don't have levels either, only AI.

And apparently the tag ESRB0...083 is somehow perverted, more so if it said 813 instead. Characters were also out of order [they've always been grouped by series], and Ganondorf's image just doesn't look right.

At the very least, I would believe those two screenshots were faked, even if the others were real, and those are the ones I think really matter.

The eye rendering on Shulk in there is also suspicious, but I don't fully understand why, only that it is agreed there that the eye render is somehow ripped off from Little Mac.

Just because the Shulk render is the same doesn't mean the leak is fully real - it's very possible the Shulk render was leaked and ripped off, but the rest of it was photoshopped together.

NEWB

Mii fighters are unique fighters. It's possible that they would be selected in a different way but you have a good point. Some aspects are real and others aren't.

Though it thought there actually was something about people having levels. Or was that just wifi? Was it called smash power?

Glyph

Don't forget we got leaked gameplay too. That was immediately taken down with a copyright claim from NoA.

It's not my ideal roster either, but the leak is all but 100% confirmed.

Edit: forgot to mention that the leaked menu had a gear with a line through it or something to that effect, which would imply customizable characters (ie, Miis) would be turned off.

NEWB

Who is missing that you guys wanted? Is the roster not appealing enough or is it just almost there but not quite? I'm pleased with the roster myself.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN. If we're gonna have swordsmen. Have variety in swordstyle.

Actually I'm pretty hyped at the variety of playstyles in the roster

NEWB

Oh totally! And whether or not custom Movesets are legal, it adds another layer of depth.

There is also some consistency In design though. They given as many characters a counter as possible.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
It doesn't have Mii fighters, so unless those were cut, the leak HAS to be wrong because it claimed to have the full roster.
The leaks don't necessarily have the full roster unlocked yet. This is supported by All-Star mode being locked in one of the photos (apparently). Of course, All-Star is never unlocked until you have the full roster.
This may also explain why the heck Dark Pit, Doc, Lucina and Robin are all far away from their respective franchise groupings. Logically, all the FE characters, as well as the rest, should all have their slots right next to each other, right? In this picture, they don't. Look at this Melee CSS without Luigi unlocked. Pikachu is waaay out there next to Mario, when he should be with the rest of the Pokemon. This is fixed when all characters are unlocked.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Who is missing that you guys wanted? Is the roster not appealing enough or is it just almost there but not quite? I'm pleased with the roster myself.
I was saying it as a joke before, but I kinda want Bandana Dee as a playable character. We DO need a spear character...

Thor

The leaks don't necessarily have the full roster unlocked yet. This is supported by All-Star mode being locked in one of the photos (apparently).
This may also explain why the heck Dark Pit, Doc, Lucina and Robin are all far away from their respective franchise groupings. Logically, all the FE characters, as well as the rest, should all have their slots right next to each other, right? In this picture, they don't. Look at this Melee CSS without Luigi unlocked. Pikachu is waaay out there next to Mario, when he should be with the rest of the Pokemon. This is fixed when all characters are unlocked.

Every character we know so far is confirmed to be the starting roster for SSB4. Everyone else is an unlockable. Which means Wario is secret this time around.

There is an image on the Japanese eShop that confirms that this is the starting roster.

One of you [or both] is wrong. Either Mii fighters are not a starter [which would be bizarre in my opinion - they make sense as a starter to me, unlike various characters like Mega Man, Sonic, Pac Man, Shulk, and some others], or else Pin's claim that the starting roster is all of the revealed characters is wrong, and he's using a Japanese eShop image, not a random leak.

Neither of you is very credible [Wario being secret is reasonable, but putting him after Sonic is weird...], so I'm suspending judgment, but as of now, one of you must be wrong, and Pin has sources that aren't just leaks apparently.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
One of you [or both] is wrong. Either Mii fighters are not a starter [which would be bizarre in my opinion - they make sense as a starter to me, unlike various characters like Mega Man, Sonic, Pac Man, Shulk, and some others], or else Pin's claim that the starting roster is all of the revealed characters is wrong, and he's using a Japanese eShop image, not a random leak.

Neither of you is very credible [Wario being secret is reasonable, but putting him after Sonic is weird...], so I'm suspending judgment, but as of now, one of you must be wrong, and Pin has sources that aren't just leaks apparently.
customizations are off in that CSS, when customizations are off Mii Fighters are not selectable.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
This?
I uh... notice there's no Lucina. And we officially know about her. Dunno what that means, just thought I'd point that out.

I don't see why Mii fighters can't have their own sub-menu? They're basically create-a-character, not exactly a slot on the main CSS. If that's the case, then can't both Pin and I be right?

Glyph

I could not hope harder that ICs and their goddamn toxic gameplay stay buried forever.

I'm still holding out that Issac somehow makes the cut but damn its hard to keep on believin these days.