Report all character bugs here.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
"The old one was outclassed by dair in the air, and useless on the ground."
Is grounded FireBrand really useless?

I guess this isn't the place to discuss that, though...

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Sounds like the changelog was wrong then. Sammi kind of argued how useful Firebrand on the ground was. So... Disregard that.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Finally got some pics of this graphic bug (?)...

- Link's left eye still disappears during a Back Slice.
KGdScsa.jpg

8TDzOKY.jpg

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Got some pics of this oddity too:

- A Flying Finishing Blow has no hitbox after the first few frames. You'd expect it to have a static hitbox like D-Air's, but no -- the Master Sword just clips harmlessly through aerial targets. This may have been decided as being unfixable at some point, I forget.

qvRLGsJ.jpg

5lPGzGw.jpg

qy0WT1K.jpg

CRYZ

I believed I found a bug. When Jigglypuff shields after receiving a flower self destruct only kills jiggly and doesn't explode. Found in jigfs vs yoshi

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I don't think it was removed. Pretty sure we thought it was removed but now it just happens a lot less often.

Glyph

3.Q Samus Log said:
Z-Air
crashing has been fixed, attack now hits once for 10, instead of twice for 18.

Should probably either accurately represent the changes made or be sure you've extensively tested them before you get these changelogs together.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Maybe the BRoom needs more testers?

I miss the days of the public Beta. It felt like the non-BRoom community's voice had more influence back then. Now we have little to no idea of what changes are being made until they're already in an official release. The last time a dev asked for the non-BRoom players' opinion on a possible change (that I recall), the other devs criticized him for it.

Please excuse my off-topic-ness. Just feeling "shut out" ever since the devs stopped asking for Feedback on possible changes.

On-topic, Mario still has the bug where he can occasionally use FireBrand and shoot two Fireballs simultaneously in the air. I'm not sure what triggers it, but the ability is lost when Mario is K.O.ed.

Also, if you hold down B just barely long enough to use FireBrand in the air, the move will fire, but the fire GFX will not appear. IIRC, Luigi has a similar bug.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Not sure if this is a bug, but I feel like it is...

Meta Knight Kirby cannot cancel his Mach Tornado into his aerials except at the very beginning of the move.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Should probably either accurately represent the changes made or be sure you've extensively tested them before you get these changelogs together.

It was extensively tested. The issue however is that it was reduced in occurrence, not completely fixed, as we learned after released. The fact that it is a rare bug makes it difficult to squash, cause we still don't know what exactly is causing it to happen.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Not sure if this is a bug, but I feel like it is...

Meta Knight Kirby cannot cancel his Mach Tornado into his aerials except at the very beginning of the move.

Not a bug but I've already fixed it, as it was addressed a few weeks back.

PowerUp

I still get fireball weirdness with the Bros once in a while. Seems to be something to do with landing while throwing a fireball. You get the sound and the graphic, but nothing comes out.

Also, firebrand is so utterly worthless it might as well count as a bug.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Two graphical bugs to report:

- At the Results Screen, Roy and Pichu become comically small.
- Roy's eyes and mouth glitch when he uses Side B in the air.
gbWiD8z.jpg

nsXKHd2.jpg

Pretty creepy-looking, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Someone call an exorcist.

NEWB

Are the codes that keep the CPU from targeting humans still in the official release? Playing with the CPUs and it feels that way.

Edit: I mean it feels as though they are targeting me when before, they weren't as much.

Last edited by a moderator: