Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Multi-hit moves combo successfully?

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Multi-hit moves combo successfully?
From the reports I've been getting, SDI is WAY less noticeable than in previous Smash games, so multi-hit attacks/combos should be harder to escape from.

I haven't played it, I've just been reading general opinions on it.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Just from observing, it seems hitstun is equal to or a little less than melee.

Also there is dash dancing. Hbox did some during the tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

Mii fighters are confirmed to take characteristics from the Miis themselves. You saw that with their faces of course, but I'm talking about height and weight! Bigger guys are slower and stronger, smaller guys are weaker and faster!

Screw all people who hate Mii fighters!

Thor

Captain Falcon is back! YESZ!

(Also Robin and Lucina are in, and Chrom appears in the game somehow, but not sure how...)

Lightning

Ikesexual
Everyone's saying that Lucina is an exact clone of Marth? It appears that way in the trailer video.

NEWB

Hopefully she is a skin. Many other slots have multiple voice clips now, so it wouldn't be hard.

You know, falcon is back but he didn't get a joins the brawl banner. Did any of the returning characters get that?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Yes she did...... She is listed as a newcomer.
Hmmm that's different from this morning. She had a small box that indicated she is not a newcomer. But lo and behold I looked just now and by golly she's a newcomer. Thanks for reigniting my hype for Lucina.

Lightning

Ikesexual
She has her own character slot, even thought she is a clone. The site only states that her physical attacks are identical to Marth's. (And she's a bit shorter.)
Very hyped to play as her. :D

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
From what I've read around, Marth will be more ground-based and Lucina will be more air-based (like the old marths)

e~ I was completely wrong.
Robinthegreat said:
Sakurai's explained the deal with Lucina.

Basically she's exactly like Marth in terms of attacks, but while Marth focuses on sweet-spot gameplay Lucina doesn't have a sweet-spot on her sword. I'm happy with this compromise. I can't imagine Lucina took long to make so I doubt she took the slot from somebody else.

I also really liked Marth's gameplay but I loathed the sweet-spot. I can't wait to play as Lucina because she sounds perfect for me.

Thor

So, a mix of Roy and Marth. Sounds cool.

I bet Marth ends up being better than Lucina for pros, but Lucina is better for casuals, because spacing makes Marth's world better, but casuals don't practice that stuff.

Unless Lucina has some attacks that are as powerful as Marth's tips or do different stuff, in which case things get more hazy...

NEWB

I really hope they go that route Thor. Otherwise, they just added a female character for the sake of adding a female character cuz he wants more female characters.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I just think it's odd that Sakurai created another Marth clone when he could have just as easily brought back Roy. ..

PowerUp

Miiverse pots states that Lucina has the same moves as Marth. The difference is that her power is consistent regardless of how far away an opponent is. In other words, no tippers.

Thor

I wonder if this means her dair will be freaking insane or a terrible move, or else a move that has different angles entirely. Because it's either a Falco dair on a Marth dair stick, or it's gonna be non-tipper Marth dair, which is bad unless it's much more powerful than non-tipper Marth dair (which sends upward). Or it might be like MK dair, with an angle Marth doesn't have, which would be pretty cool.

Basically I'm wondering if Lucina will have access to a Ken combo, and if it will be easier or harder to perform, if it exists.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
She basically is.
In the game she is in she dresses up as Marth and pretends she is him. So it would make sense. I mean she even wields the Falchion the same sword Marth wields.