Melee physics in real life.

Thor

Wiimote alone is disadvantageous to you, actually - get a GC controller (new ones will be like 30 bucks) or use a Wiimote+Nunchuk.

It's disadvantageous because on a GC and maybe on Wiimote+Nunchuk [I don't know] but not on Wiimote alone, you can do a bair while moving forward only. As an example, Peach can float backwards and hit the c-stick forward to fair while continuing to float backwards - the same concept could work with Falco's bair to never stop or slow down moving in a direction, but that's not possible on a Wiimote alone.

Also, although learning a GC might not be tons of fun, it works with 3 of the 4 unmodded games and Brawl-. And I think it might ultimately make you an even better player (having a c-stick is SO good...)

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
no I did not because it will cause desync
If you're running Brawl Minus 3.5, Version 1 of the New Footstool Triggers code is already in your build; it won't make you desync.

Go into Options > Controls, and customize your tag's Wii Remote + Nunchuk controls so that DPad Down is Up Taunt.

Now you can attempt footstools without wasting jumps if you miss. :)

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Wiimote alone is disadvantageous to you, actually - get a GC controller (new ones will be like 30 bucks) or use a Wiimote+Nunchuk.

It's disadvantageous because on a GC and maybe on Wiimote+Nunchuk [I don't know] but not on Wiimote alone, you can do a bair while moving forward only. As an example, Peach can float backwards and hit the c-stick forward to fair while continuing to float backwards - the same concept could work with Falco's bair to never stop or slow down moving in a direction, but that's not possible on a Wiimote alone.

Also, although learning a GC might not be tons of fun, it works with 3 of the 4 unmodded games and Brawl-. And I think it might ultimately make you an even better player (having a c-stick is SO good...)

I understand I'm taking a big risk, and a c-stick would be nice, but I'm doing ok without a GC controller or even a nunchuk. Also, I can understand the fair while moving backwards in the air can be helpful, but my mains can't really use that effectively. *cough* Kirby *cough*

Now, if I played those characters you mentioned, then I'd already be using a GC controller. But I don't.
I also have some twisted joy of being the only person who uses a Wiimote alone.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
If you're running Brawl Minus 3.5, Version 1 of the New Footstool Triggers code is already in your build; it won't make you desync.

Go into Options > Controls, and customize your tag's Wii Remote + Nunchuk controls so that DPad Down is Up Taunt.

Now you can attempt footstools without wasting jumps if you miss. :)
I'm disappointed that you think I use wiimote

Thor

Darxmarx said:
Also, I can understand the fair while moving backwards in the air can be helpful, but my mains can't really use that effectively. *cough* Kirby *cough*

Actually, I was thinking more of using bair while moving forward through the air... it's a trick Falco and Kirby can do because of their bair hitboxes that lets it function as a short-ranged but [often] significantly better fair. But it's your call either way I suppose.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I only footstool with Mario. So I haven't used the new triggers ...consciously

owo

I understand I'm taking a big risk, and a c-stick would be nice, but I'm doing ok without a GC controller or even a nunchuk. Also, I can understand the fair while moving backwards in the air can be helpful, but my mains can't really use that effectively. *cough* Kirby *cough*

Now, if I played those characters you mentioned, then I'd already be using a GC controller. But I don't.
I also have some twisted joy of being the only person who uses a Wiimote alone.

I'm really impressed with how well you handle solo wiimote (best I've ever seen really), but still would encourage you to attempt to practice with a controller that has a c-stick & shoulder buttons. I play with the classic controller and GC controller & there's not to much skill lost between transitions, but I prefer the compactness of the CC.

Darxmarx

Actually, I was thinking more of using bair while moving forward through the air... it's a trick Falco and Kirby can do because of their bair hitboxes that lets it function as a short-ranged but [often] significantly better fair. But it's your call either way I suppose.

Oh, that's what you meant? Sorry I misunderstood.

I'm really impressed with how well you handle solo wiimote (best I've ever seen really), but still would encourage you to attempt to practice with a controller that has a c-stick & shoulder buttons. I play with the classic controller and GC controller & there's not to much skill lost between transitions, but I prefer the compactness of the CC.

Thank you. Know that I've gotten all these replies, I might give a GC controller a try. But that's something for the future.
...Namely, when the Wii U GC controller adapter comes out. I only have my Wii U with me right now... :(

Thor

I don't know about Wii-U, but I know that thanks to buying it through the Wii shop, I've played SSB64 with a GC controller on my Wii.

Whoa I just realized that's like 3 different generations of gaming coming together to play one game.

And it could happen again if I use GC to play Brawl on Wii-U.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Does anyone think that Nintendo will bring GC virtual console?
We have adapters now...so...I say maybe. I do know that the file sizes for GC are nowhere near PS2 or Wii.

NEWB

I think it's a definite possibility. They can and they set themselves up to be able to. They make amiibo, which they plan to use for games after smash 4, so I think they'll have something cooked up after smash 4 and the gc adapter.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Amiibo????
What is?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Nah..was doing other things. These little trinkets seem kind of cool.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
He even beat my Ike and Ness...
I'll just be in the corner, totally not sobbing my eyes out or anything...

Darxmarx

Wait, Darxmarx only uses a wiimote?
BS.
There's no way anyone can be that good with a wiimote alone...

Uh... I hate to break it to ya... I do use a Wiimote alone :eek:
Thanks for the compliment though...
Also, yes Bash, Kirby's bair is rape.