Community Request Thread for the next version after 4.0BC

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
During my time on the forums, I've seen plenty of good ideas proposed by our small but passionate community. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that many of those requests end up getting lost or forgotten about due to a lack of organization -- especially those posted on the Minus Discord. So here's a new idea: Let's keep track of Community Requests in this thread! Simply post your requests for the next version, and I or a Mod can update the second post as Requests are Approved, Rejected, etc. by the Dev Team.

Requesters: Don't get your hopes up, since the vast majority of Requests will most likely be Rejected. The purpose of this thread is simply to organize all the Community Requests into one place. Please take your Requests seriously; only make suggestions that sound reasonable, would make Minus better as a whole, and are actually possible to implement without too much difficulty. A good example would be Requesting very specific fixes for existing characters' moves to make them work better. A bad example would be Requesting things like completely new characters, modes, or features that would have to be created from scratch. Dumb Requests will be Ignored.

Unless the Devs tell me they would actually consider making new characters just because they were Requested by our community, I'm going to Ignore all Requests for new characters -- even for clones, like Dr. Mario. This is because making new characters (even clones) specifically for Minus is very hard, time-consuming work, and I suspect that, this close to the end of Brawl Minus, the Devs already know who is getting in and who isn't. Any "New Fighter" Requests made by our community will most likely not make any difference at this point.

Pin Clock: "We can still take requests for costumes but we already have plans for most of them."

UPDATE 1: Rather than have a bunch of anti-Requests, I will add a (POLL) link to the end of controversial Pending Requests.

See a Pending Request that you like? Click the (POLL) link and vote "For".
See a Pending Request that you dislike? Click the (POLL) link and vote "Against".
See a Pending Request you don't have a strong opinion on either way? Click the (POLL) link and vote "Neutral".

If you see a Request that you would like me to add a POLL for, just ask.
POLLs allow you to voice your approval or disapproval of existing Requests, without cluttering up the thread.

UPDATE 2: PLEASE BE VERY SPECIFIC WITH YOUR REQUESTS, AND EXPLAIN THE REASONING BEHIND THEM.

INCLUDE A SHORT AND SIMPLE FORM OF YOUR REQUESTS THAT CAN BE USED AS POLL QUESTIONS IF NECESSARY.

SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION THAT HELPS DEMONSTRATE YOUR REQUESTS (SUCH AS LINKED PICTURES, VIDEOS, EXPLANATORY THREADS, ETC.) WILL HELP MAKE YOUR REQUESTS MORE CLEAR. INCLUDE SUCH INFO IF POSSIBLE!

Recommended Request Format
---
Short Version of your Request that could be used as a Poll Title in question form.
For example: Move A should do X instead of Y / Should Move A do X instead of Y?
---
Explanation of the logic behind your Request.
For example: Why you want Move A to do X instead of Y. Why should Move A be changed?
Is there a problem with it as-is? How would your solution help? Be very specific.
---
Reference material like Pictures, Videos, Explanatory Threads, Etc.
---

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Community Requests for the next version of Brawl Minus (after 4.0BC)

==========================================================================================================

APPROVED

General

---
Fix arcade mode! It would be nice if solo and co-op modes would not crash. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "We're obviously going to do our best to do this."
---
At the moment, there are too many small stages in the legal stage list. While the blast zones were fixed, that does not change the fact that many of the stages have little room to move around. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "The legal stage list has been updated."
---
I really hope more characters get new costumes, not just recolors. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "More characters will be getting alternate costumes. Stay tuned for more information."
---
Please use the "Taunts = Footstool" codes by Magus and ds22 to bind Taunts to Footstools. [Bent 00, freezus]
Pin Clock: "So long as they doesn't break anything, we can include the 'Taunts=Footstool' codes by Magus and ds22."
---
Please fix Tilt Stick Buffering, as of now Buffering any Tilt Stick input while doing another action causes a Jump. [Petro]
Pin Clock: "This is fixable and we'll fix it."
---
Stages should be strikable via the Stage Select Screen, like they are in Project M. [sealedinterface]
Pin Clock: "I've seen nothing but support from the BackRoom for this, so I'm assuming the answer here is 'Yes'."
---
I request that more characters use all of their unused/cut dialogue from previous games' dialogue. Examples include Marth's Jump 1, Marth's Up-Special, and all of Ike's Counter lines. [666DAMAGE]
Pin Clock: "Asides vague stuff, there are one or two we can use. Not a lot though."
---
Please make Manual Buffer an option. Some players would prefer having less than 10 frames of Buffer. [Dusk]
Bent 00: The only way to implement Manual Buffer is to replace the Handicap setting with a Buffer Scale, and I think Stock Control would be a better replacement for that. If the universal Minus Buffer setting is ever changed from 10 frames, it should never be set below 6 frames."
Pin Clock: "We will do this. Fox Will not have one, and his Buffer will be 0 like in Melee."
Bent 00: "Why force Fox's Buffer to 0 if we can set it manually? It's worth inconveniencing 0 Buffer fans, to allow others to use different settings."
Farkus: "I think Fox should still have the option to use Manual Buffer if he wants, since there are some advantages."
---
The default music settings will be used by new players and netplayers alike, so I'd like to request you enable these songs by default and disable the alternatives. [player_03]
Big Blue: Mute City (Melee)
Dreamland: Dreamland (SSB)
Final Frustration: No Johns
Fountain of Dreams: Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
Lavender Town: Pokémon Tower / Lavender Town
Metal Cavern: Metal Mario
Pin Clock: "This shouldn't be too hard, we just need to figure out a few things."
---
Please remove the "Spin Control Stick to Glide" input. [player_03]
Sometimes when I change my mind about what Aerial to do, I start Gliding instead of doing any Aerial at all. If spinning the Control Stick started a Glide at any time (not just after a midair Jump), I'd approve. But if you have to midair Jump anyway, you may as well just hold the Jump button.
Pin Clock: "I can see how spinning the stick triggering Glide would come off as irritating, so we can take this out."
EpicNonBread: "Could we seriously please not remove a control scheme just because a few people can't control their characters? The stick rotation is much more beneficial for those of us who use Tap Jump."

player_03: "Could we seriously please let Charizard, Pit, and Metaknight use this one simple maneuver?

Step 1: Midair Jump.
Step 2: Move backwards briefly.
Step 3: Move forwards again.
Step 4: Use Forward-Air.

It's nothing flashy, but it's good for weaving around an opponent's HitBox and responding with your own. Why should these three characters be incapable of using it?

If the input was actually "spin the Control Stick to Glide," that would be one thing. However, given that it can be activated just by moving the stick side-to-side, it needs to go."

EpicNonBread: "If it's possible, then make the frame window for activating the glide with the analog stick shorter. It looks like you have to wait for the entire Jump animation to transition to the idle falling animation before you can input moving forwards without triggering the Glide. Cutting the activation window by a large portion could fix this.

Other work arounds for this could just be to move with the F-Air or Aerial before making the input to move forward, or just wait until you've used a full Jump before moving forward. Neither of these are perfect answers, but the control shouldn't be removed just because the three characters can't do a situational mindgame. Also anyone with good practice in any of those three characters shouldn't be accidentally Gliding anyway."

player_03: "Making the window shorter would be fine. None of these characters is Jigglypuff or Wario, so they can wait a couple frames.

As I mentioned above, requiring the player to actually spin the Control Stick (back -> up -> forwards -> down) is another way to fix this. This would be harder to do by accident (because there's no reason to press up and then down), and I assume this would be about as easy to use intentionally.

One final option is to make the Glide start animation Cancelable into Attacks. You'd still lose the Glide, but at least you wouldn't helplessly Glide into a punish, and if you accidentally do this when you meant to Attack, you still get to Attack."

EpicNonBread: "I like the idea of the startup animation Cancel. Maybe into Air Dodge in addition to Attacks? Or immediately canceling on start up could put the character back into idle falling animation so that they aren't put into an action that they don't want.

Ludacario made the suggestion of making the feature toggle-able. I don't don't know what the limitations of Brawl controls modifications are, but this would easily be the best option if an on/off switch could be made for name tags."

player_03: "You know, it might make sense to bundle it with Tap Jump. You want the feature because you use it with Tap Jump; I think it's unimportant because I have Tap Jump off. Plus, anyone who keeps Tap Jump on is comfortable with the Control Stick controlling this sort of thing."

EpicNonBread: "You would think that, but Neville is an example of a tap jumper who uses the button press for gliding and dislikes the analog stick. I assume it's fully up to preference/how we picked up our methods of handling the game. I just definitely don't want half of the control options removed without being compensated for."
Pin Clock: "If possible, an ideal solution would be to disable joystick Glides when Tap Jump is off. We'll research this."
---
Make Level 9 CPU AI harder, like in Cruel Brawl, or add in a Level 10 that is that tough. [Young Boy Bread]
Pin Clock: "Cruel CPU are not smarter, just stronger. CPU max out at level 9. We'll try to make it smarter, but what we can do is limited."
---
Change the CPU AI Difficulty Level names to more Minus-y ones. [Young Boy Bread]
Pin Clock: "That we can do."
---
So, how about Moonwalking? It's stylish, and I'd like to see it in Brawl Minus. [MelonKeepR]
Pin Clock: "Permission to use this has been secured. We will add it."
---

Fighter

:bowser:Bowser:

---
Decrease Bowser's Jump Squat one frame to compensate for the Down-Air Nerf. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "This would be an alright Buff."
---
Increase the KnockBack of Bowser's Grounded Up-Special. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "Sure, why not?"
---
Make the armor on Bowser's Down-Air start on frame 4 instead of frame 1. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "By delaying it to frame 4, this makes it slightly less safe to spam. Approved."
---
RR hitboxes (already discussed among BR). [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "This is accepted."
---
Ledge jump (already discussed among BR). [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "This is accepted."
---
Give Bowser two different Down-Tilts, similar to his Project M setup. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "Yes."
---
Slightly decrease the EndLag on Bowser's Swirling Fortress. [Ludacario]
With the new Bowser changes, decreasing his Up-B EndLag slightly by just a couple frames would make a big difference on the viability of the Jab > Up-B tech. Against faster chars its still a free punish.
Pin Clock: "Okay."
---

:falcon:Captain Falcon:

---
Reverse Forward-Air (Knee Smash). [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "HYESZ!"
---
Please make reverse Falcon Dive grant the same amount of horizontal momentum as the non-reversed version does. Falcon's recovery is awful. [ALLCAPS]
Pin Clock: "We can make it match the normal variant."
---
Give Captain Falcon the ability to B-Reverse Falcon Kick. [snuffychris605]
Pin Clock: "We support this."
---
On Falcon's Secret Taunt, replace the "Show me ya Moves" SFX x3 with the quiet "Yess" SFX x3, and add the quiet "Yess" SFX x1 to Falcon's regular Up-Taunt (on frame 23, right before the DA8 SFX). Regular Up-Taunt sounds boring without it, and the quiet "Yess" fits it well. [Bent 00] (POLL)
Pin Clock: "Normal Taunt Yes: Yeah, sure."
---

:fox:Fox:

---
Fox's Slow Illusion Hitbox extends way too far above him. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "It does, we'll fix it."
---
I Request that Fox's shorthop height be reverted to what it was prior to 4.0BC. [Longbottom]
Pin Clock: "After seeing the playerbase's tremendous issues with this change, we can indeed revert it."
---
Nerf Foxes Dash Attack so that it doesn't connect into itself, and compensate by giving it a Shine Cancel. [Dusk]
Pin Clock: "No Shine Cancel, but we will make it not connect into itself and still connect into Up-Smash."
---

:ganon:Ganondorf:

---
Give Ganondorf the ability to B-Reverse Wizard's Foot. [snuffychris605]
Pin Clock: "We support this."
---
Ganondorf needs serious Buffs. He's one of the most gimpable characters. [That guy who likes to meme]
Pin Clock: "Ganon is getting Buffed."
---
Ganondorf's Back-Air needs to have less frames. The HitBox should come out a lot quicker, Melee/Project M style. [That guy who likes to meme]
Pin Clock: "We buffed Back-Air's speed marginally. We hope this compromise will suffice."
---

:ike:Ike:

---
Change the color of Ike's fire graphics to blue, like they are in Project M and Smash 4. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "This has been planned forever, so yeah."
---
Just for fun: Let Ike cancel Quick Draw into a taunt. [player_03]
Pin Clock: "We're making this easier to do, by simply enabling it out of grounded Quick Draws."
---
Add a really good (but situational) meteor hitbox to Ike's Down Taunt. [SilverStarApple]
Pin Clock: "Sounds fun, combined with Quick Draw into Taunts. Seems like a 'why not' kinda thing."
---

:ivysaur:Ivysaur:

---
Ivysaur needs buffed F-Smash knockback scaling and slightly more damage. [SilverStarApple]
Pin Clock: "Yeah, we can Buff that."
---

:kirby:Kirby:

---
Give Kirby's F-Tilt a proper upwards angle, and move current upward F-Tilt's tripping properties to the downward-angled variant. [Darxmarx]
Kirby's F-Tilt has three variants, like some other F-Tilts in the game, based on what angle you input. However, two of Kirby's F-Tilts go downwards, preventing him from angling upwards. While Kirby's range is great enough to not necessarily need the slight boost to upward range, I feel that it it redundant for Kirby to have two downward F-Tilts.
Pin Clock: "This can be done."
---

:link:Link:

---
Forward-Air Auto-Cancel - Specifically the first hit, this would boost Link's much-lacking Shield pressure up close. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "Consider it done."
---
First hit of B-Air adjustments - It doesn't link properly into the second hit. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "Consider it done."
---

:mario:Mario:

---
Mario should be able to hold his Down-Taunt to just "fly" for a while. This would be useless but hilarious. [Green Hell Zone]
Pin Clock: "Sounds awesome, let's do it."
---

:marth:Marth:

---
Marth's Up-Tilt doesn't cover the entirety of his sword. Please fix this. [ThePwnzer]
56664a8e86cf44c3935f81cb3c14a245.png
Changing the Z Offset on HitBox ID 3 (for both parts) to 5.5 instead of the 3.6 it currently is will fix this problem.
ca77588643044e58b0444b3801433c8a.png
It's a little minor, but potentially a bit of a deal. People trying to space for Tipper will likely whiff all together when the sword goes through the model.
Pin Clock: "Yeah, that is the kind of HitBox dissonance we don't want, so it'll be fixed."
---

:m2:Mewtwo:

---
Tweak the hitbox on Mewtwo's Up-Smash. Even CPUs end up escaping from it; Up-Smash is also slow, so it may as well be punishable at low percentages even on-hit. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "We will adjust Mewtwo's hitbox angles and knockback."
---

:peach:Peach:

---
If hit out of its startup animation, Peach's Up-Special becomes unusable until Peach lands or respawns. Please fix this. [Longbottom]
Pin Clock: "Yes, this is fair, as Peach has one of the worst vertical recoveries in the game."
---
Make it easier for Peach Bomber to Cancel into other Specials without triggering Toad. As-is, she must Cancel into a Special really late into Bomber to avoid using Toad. [alaserdolphin]
Pin Clock: "Yeah. We can probably make this work, not sure why we haven't."
---
Give Peach Invincibilty or Super Armor on successful Toad counters. Every other Counter has this. Peach can be hit out of hers by the second hitboxes on Samus' Missile and Yoshi's Egg Throw. I don't even care if the Cancel is removed, because it would help against projectile spam. [Longbottom]
Pin Clock: "This is basic and makes sense, so yes."
---

:pichu:Pichu:

---
Feel free to use the "25% Bigger, Taller NeckN HurtBox Pichu (with fixed Squats)" set of tweaks I made. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We're doing this."
---

:pikachu:Pikachu:

---
Add tail spike to Up-Air. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "Sounds good."
---
I'd like to see Pikachu have IASA frames on its "Pika Pika!" taunt, just like it had in Melee. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "Yeah, sure, why not."
---

:pit:Pit:

---
After being hit out of Wings of Icarus, Pit can't use it at all. Please make Pit's Up-Special refresh after getting interrupted, like most other characters' do. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "Of course we would fix this! We're going to, promise."
---

:roy:Roy:

---
More IASA on Jab, since it doesn't combo well. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "Sure, I suppose."
---
Current F-Air Cancel Glitch: Roy's F-Air Cancel before doublejump causes him to lose his jump. Please fix.
When tapping the joystick very quickly or tapping the C-Stick forward in midair before Roy's doublejump, Roy executes a jump cancel that not only trips up players, but also acts as the doublejump causing Roy to not have anymore jumps left, thus leading to unwanted SD's. By allowing the jump cancel to not only happen before, but also after the doublejump and have it not count as a jump, the glitch should be fixed.
Pin Clock: "Please do not post bugs in this Request thread. Of course we will fix this."
---

:samus:Samus:

---
Make Samus' Up-Tilt (the axe kick) meteor grounded opponents like it does in Melee and Smash 4. [ALLCAPS]
Pin Clock: "Yeah, we can do that."
---
The graphics of Samus' Power Bomb are really bright, and the explosion sound is too loud. Please tone them down if possible. [AGentleStar]
Pin Clock: "We can for sure change the sound, maybe the GFX -- it's a little trickier."
---
Make it so Samus's Grab can catch aerial opponents. As Peach, I floated through ALLCAPS' Samus's Grab, getting a punish I didn't deserve. [Longbottom]
Mawootad: "Looks like a holdover from vBrawl, which will definitely be fixed."
---

:sheik:Sheik:

---
Allow Sheik to B-reverse Transform. Since she can cancel Transform into Jump or Attack, this would have similar utility to Shine Turnaround. [player_03]
Pin Clock: "That'd be pretty neat, let's do it."
---

:snake:Snake:

---
I Request that we adapt a few things from Project M Snake's C4: Holding Down-Special results in a fake-out, and C4 does not fall off stuck opponents or transfer between fighters on contact. Perhaps it should also not self-detonate after a set time, and instead, remain in place until it is detonated, or vanish when Snake is K.O.ed. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "Snake will be able to fake-out C4 detonation, C4 will never stick back onto Snake, and C4 duration will be infinite."
---
Allow Snake to walk backward and forward while holding an opponent in his Grab, like he can do in Project M. [Bent 00]
---

:sonic:Sonic:

---
Please add visual elements to Sonic's alternate outfits that are based on other characters from his series, which link the costumes more closely to the characters they are intended to reference. For example, you could add the referenced character's shoes, or an accessory he used. [Dusk]
Pin Clock: "Done."
---
Maybe reduce the amount of time the final HitBox on Sonic's Dash Attack lasts for? [MelonKeepR]
I was playing a match with my friend. He did a dash attack, and I went to Grab when I thought I was safe, but I got spiked. This has happened in the past, and I really don't think it's okay to be afraid to punish Dash Attack just because it's so difficult to tell when there is a HitBox and when there isn't. The HitBox itself is fine, it just lasts way too long.
Pin Clock: "We can do this, and compensate a little elsewhere so we aren't outright nerfing him."
Bent 00: "If you didn't intend for Sonic's Dash Attack to last so long, you don't need to compensate for Nerfing it to operate the way it should."
Pin Clock: "It's being nerfed, we agreed on this after re-discussing it."
---

:wario:Wario:

---
Please make it take longer to charge up a Rolling Crate, so there's a bigger time window to use the penultimate stage of Waft. As-is, it can only be used between 30-40 seconds of a fresh charge. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "We'll increase it, and give more time to the potent fart."
---
Since Wario is going all-out with the flatulence in Minus, I think his Footstool should feature a fart. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "Seems silly enough."
---
In Project M, after biting someone, Wario can throw them manually by pressing a direction. I'd like Minus to implement this, or at least make it so Wario can release someone from his bite manually. [Malkasaur]
---

:wolf:Wolf:

---
Remove Super Armor on Wolf's Up-Special. Trying to gimp Wolf is not interactive. Spacies should be gimpable. It's just not fun. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "Absolutely. Recoveries should be interactive, not free."
---
Make Wolf's Up-Special harder to SDI/ASDI. Holding down at lower percents will make the last hit not connect, and it is easy to SDI at all percents. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "This was planned to compensate for the removal of armor from this move."
---

:yoshi:Yoshi:

---
Give Yoshi the ability to jump out of Shield. This was a huge Project M Buff that gives Yoshi much better options in neutral. [EpicNonBread]
Pin Clock: "This will be done. No reason for an exclusive weakness like that."
---

:zelda:Zelda:

---
Allow Zelda to B-reverse Transform. Since she can cancel Transform into Jump or Attack, this would have similar utility to Shine Turnaround. [player_03]
Pin Clock: "That'd be pretty neat, let's do it."
---
To help prevent accidental suicides, allow Zelda's Up-Air to Cancel into Jump and Farore's Wind, so she can save herself if "A" is held a little too long offstage. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "Only into Up-B and only at the end of the move. We can add some forgiveness, but the goal should be to not make mistakes."
---

Stage

NONE

Misc.

---
The official download for Brawl Minus should be able to be unzipped with WinRAR or any other unzipper the player desires. Limiting the unzipping to 7-Zip (and worse, not making it clear that 7-Zip must be used) does nothing but needlessly prevent potential players from ever getting into the game. [Sly]
Longbottom: "When a game's playerbase is this small, accessibility should come before everything else."
Pin Clock: "This is coming soon."
---

==========================================================================================================

UNDER CONSIDERATION

General

---
Please make permanent Giga Bowser and permanent Wario Man selectable fighters via the Character Select Screen. [someone from the Special Fall tournament chat]
Pin Clock: "They sound fun and perfectly fitting for Minus. Unsure about our implementation methods, but we'll figure something out."
---
When multiple characters are airborne and one of them is launched, they can collide with each other. This can elongate doubles matches, and it isn't fun to launch someone only for him to be saved by hitting his teammate. I do like having teammates try to hit each other to help them recover, but character collisions aren't really fair, since they don't take damage from it. Plus they're pretty unpredictable. [AGentleStar]
Bent 00: "You're not the first to want this fixed in Minus. I wonder if the 'Body Collisions Only Apply When Thrown v1.1' code by Shanus would help?"
Pin Clock: "It would make Free for Alls and Team Battles go faster, so we'll look into it."
---
Brawl Minus should have more custom music. I understand BRSTMs take up a lot of space, but you could offer it as an add-on or separate download if that's a problem. [Farkus, Pikmin1211]
Pin Clock: "Maybe in the Netplay build. On the Wii build, music will only be added if it is necessary/essential."
---
Change the existing random name tags to Minus references, like the names of notable contributors. [Young Boy Bread]
Pin Clock: "We want to do this, but the Name Tags are much more complex than any other text. We need to research more."
---

Fighter

---
Bowser's Up Smash doesn't work well at all against Pichu, even after I increased its Size and NeckN HurtBox. Maybe this Attack needs a Buff? [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We will wait until before we adjust our Pichu before we do anything here."
---

---
Raptor Boost should K.O. at 90-100%. As-is, the second hit only deals 7% damage, and doesn't K.O. until high percents. Falcon BUFF, please! [SunderStorm]
Pin Clock: "We will look into Buffing its damage for sure (7% is way too low) and possibly Knockback properties."
---

:charizard:Charizard:

---
Give Charizard the ability to change the direction of his projectiles in his Final Smash. [Darxmarx]
Pin Clock: "We will research this as much as we can."
---
Let Charizard remain stationary in the air while using Neutral Special, or at the very least Cancel it. There's nothing worse than accidentally inputting Neutral Special offstage and watching Charizard plummet to its death, even though it hovers off the stage when using the grounded version of the move. [baltarc]
Thor: "I propose one stall per air time, if a stall in the air is allowed."
Pin Clock: "Stalling him for the first use seems fair. It could be both strategic and save lives."
---

:diddy:Diddy Kong:

---
Diddy's Up Smash doesn't work well at all against Pichu, even after I increased its Size and NeckN HurtBox. Maybe this Attack needs a Buff? [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We will wait until before we adjust our Pichu before we do anything here."
---

:falco:Falco:

---
Falco should also be able to choose between fast or slow lasers right at the start of the match, instead of always starting with fast lasers by default, and having to taunt mid-game to switch laser speeds. [Joeybeta]
Pin Clock: "This is a very interesting idea, and we'll pursue this."
---
Make Shortening simpler (similar to slow Fox Illusion) and easier to do consistently online, perhaps by moving the input to Shield or Grab. This would allow Falco players to actually use an underrated part of Falco's kit. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "We can probably make it like Fox's."
---

---
If you Shine and press up on the Control Stick, you Jump, even if Tap Jump is off. Please disable Tap Jump out of Shine when Tap Jump is off. [Dusk]
Pin Clock: "If it is doable, we'll look into doing it."
---

---
Return Ganondorf's N-Air back to something similar to how it was in Brawl Minus 1.5b. Ganondorf's Aerials are too focused on killing power, with no intention of comboing in mind. He needs more variety. [Xaxidoro] (POLL)
Pin Clock: "We will be revising his Neutral-Air, and will be considering this."
---
Ganondorf's "Energy Ball" Gandouken hitbox is too small. It has a much harder time "catching" opponents now, and foes with low damage can slip out of it easily (towards 'Dorf). I Request that you increase the hitbox size to around 1.5x its 4.0BC size, or halfway between its 3.Q size and its 4.0BC size. Check these pictures. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "Gandouken will be fixed and improved."
Bent 00: "I know about Dr.'s Gandouken fixes. My Request is to make the Gandouken's hitbox and the graphics of the yellow orb bigger, so that that foes with low damage are not able to slip out of the repeating hitboxes so easily."
Pin Clock: "Energy Ball Gandouken will get a hitbox size increase in the next version. However, the new hitbox size has not been decided on yet.
---
Improve the hitbox on Ganondorf's Back-Air; I can't hit small crouching enemies with it. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "We'll consider the possibility."
---

:iceclimbers::nana:Ice Climbers:

---
Give them a way to true combo when Nana gets a Grab. Freezing ain't cutting it. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "We're not going to return free, infinite hand-offs, but we'll experiment. No promises, however."
---

---
Improve the hitbox on Ike's Back-Air. I can't hit small crouching enemies with this. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "We'll consider the possibility."
---

:ivysaur:Ivysaur:

---
If Ivysaur is hanging from a ledge with a vertical wall below it (like the ones on WarioWare, Inc. and Hyrule Castle), and you press the Control Stick away from the ledge, Ivysaur will immediately Wall Jump. This turns Ivysaur around, preventing you from using options like Forward-Air or Giga Drain. You can press the Control Stick down, but then you risk Fast-Falling. Is there a solution for this? [player_03]
Pin Clock: "We're thinking about this, but aren't 100% sure of a fix?"
---
Ivysaur's D-Tilt needs to do slightly more damage, but the knockback is fine. [SilverStarApple]
Pin Clock: "We will evaluate if Ivysaur needs this."
---

:jigglypuff:Jigglypuff:

---
Change Jigglypuff's Final Smash, it sucks. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "We'll consider making this, we have some ideas rolling around."
---
Please try to figure out how to get her eight or so jumps. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "We'll put some research into this."
---
Wario is a better air character than 'Puff. No one should be better than 'Puff in the air. Buff Puff's aerial mobility if Wario's is not Nerfed. [Longbottom]
Pin Clock: "We feel this would be fun."
---

:lucario:Lucario:

---
Canceled ExtremeSpeed will always leave Lucario facing right, regardless of the direction it was facing previously. Please make Lucario keep the direction it was facing previously. [Kymaera K1ng]
Sammi Husky: "Huh? I never noticed if this was a thing. If it is, I'll look into it."
---

:rob:R.O.B.:

---
On R.O.B., reduce the number of frames before it can act out of Up-Special with an Aerial. [Dusk]
Pin Clock: "Sounds like a potentially cool tech, we'll look into it."
---

---
Roy's side special shouldn't diminish and should be fully interruptible like Marth's Neutral Special. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "We tried fixing this before but it didn't work. We can try it again."
---
I'm no Roy main, but I get the feeling that the Double-Edge Dance sword swings triggered by pressing Up should have bigger hitboxes. They doen't work well against Pichu, even after I increased its Size and NeckN HurtBox. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We will adjust this in accordance to how we adjust our Pichu."
---

---
Samus should be able to Crawl. [ALLCAPS]
Pin Clock: "We'll look into it."
---

---
Please give her a reverse hitbox on Back-Air. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "This adds strategy and seems like a fun addition."
---

---
Wario is a better air character than 'Puff. No one should be better than 'Puff in the air. Nerf Wario's aerial mobility if 'Puff's is not Buffed. [Longbottom]
Pin Clock: "Wario will receive some attention in this regard, mostly involving Back-Air."
---

---
Make Wolf’s turn-around animation flip him for the whole animation. It's too hard to Reverse Aerial Rush as Wolf, while it's not for everyone else. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "Maybe. The only thing we can really do is FSM the turnaround animation. Dunno about having him be facing the right way the whole time, that would take a lot more work."
---
Please allow Wolf's Blaster to Cancel, perhaps into Jump and Air Dodge, or make it Auto Cancel. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "Cancelling seems to be the preferable option, must we Buff it."
---

Stage

---
I want the Norfair stage from Minus 3.3 back. It was basically Norfair from Brawl with the three lower platforms widened, the top two removed, and no hazards. I don't care if it's re-textured so that it doesn't look like Norfair, I just really really like that stage's layout. [Thor]
Pin Clock: "We have never 100% declined this, and have plenty of stage plans for 4.0!"
---

Misc.

NONE

PENDING

General

---
Can you implement menu shortcuts activated by holding certain button combinations? [Dusk]
Pin Clock: "Could you specify what kinds of shortcuts you would want?"
---
Let's discuss the next version's Stages pre-release, so we can decide which should be legal, and set those as the default selections on bootup. [Farkus]
---
If not WaveDashing, it would be awesome if you could come up with a unique universal movement tech that would be beneficial for all characters. [Dusk]
---
Giving every fighter the ability to Crawl would be fun. [Mariosonicman1]
EpicNonBread: "I can see the want for some kind of short momentum change option for slow characters."
Pin Clock: "The only way we would want do this is not for the slow movement option, but for Universal CrawlDashing. There are some instances when not moving them is wise, though."
---
Consider adding universal "Rivals of Aether" style WaveDashing. [Ludacario]
In Rivals of Aether, WaveDashing is done out of JumpSquat, and inputting directly left or right (with the Shield/Roll button as well), and shortened WaveDashes can be done through angles. This fits Minus perfectly in my opinion, as it is minimally difficult, and is universal across the board, so unlike Melee, every fighter would have the same timing for WaveDashes. THERE IS ONE CATCH. WaveDashing can only be done in JumpSquat. This allows for Brawl Air Dodges to be used with directional influence.
---
Require a half-circle motion to start a Glide with the Control Stick. Currently, you can start a Glide by moving the Control Stick directly side-to-side, making it easy to do by accident. [player_03]
---
On the Stats section of the Results Screen, change some boring stats to more Minus-esque info. For example, you could swap out stuff like "Swim Time" and "Flight Distance" to stats like "Number of Taunts / Meteor Cancels" and "Ledge Hang Time". [Young Boy Bread]
---
Make "Attack Stick" (C-Stick set to Attack) function like it does in Smash 4, instead of having five ways to Jab. [Lucis Perifico]
---

Fighter

---
Can you make Bowser unable to be flinched by projectiles at lower percentages? Besides short-hop Neutral-Air and Neutral-Special, he lacks options to get in on fast characters with projectile spam. [lakumy]
Pin Clock: "It is impossible for the game to distinguish what is and isn't a projectile as far as armor goes. We can only distinguish that with 'Can this article be reflected or absorbed?'."
Bent 00: "6% damage-based armor covers most small projectiles, IIRC."
Pin Clock: "Issue is then it becomes impossible to hit with a good chunk of weak attacks. 6% armor is good for certain moves but not overall, even if it's only for a certain percent range."
Neville: "Bowser used to have 10% armour on literally everything and several characters like Marth could just never get him into hitstun and he was nigh uncomboable. Even though 6% is a big difference from 10% it would still bring up problems where characters like Pikachu and ZSS can't touch Bowser."
Pin Clock: "Old Bowser did not have the 10% armor when in hitstun, so if you did get him into hitstun you could have comboed him. It was still awful design of course."
Thor: "The funny part was that a lot of those characters were even with or beat him anyway, because of the ridiculous mobility they had and his susceptibility to Grabs. 6% would leave Pikachu and ZSS totally able to hit Bowser - Pikachu has SHAC Down-Air and Neutral-Air, while ZSS has her normal Aerials and Forward-Tilt and Side-Special."
---
Keep Bowser quick getup, assign to Special button while on ledge. [Ludacario]
---
New Bowser losing on the Results screen animation? [EpicNonBread]
giphy.gif
---
Add Super Armor to Up Taunt, and make it turn Bowser into Giga Bowser if certain conditions are met. [EpicNonBread]
I'd like to see a "Max Aura" type of super taunt on Bowser in which he transforms into Giga Bowser. To keep this balanced, the usage would need to be very situational, by having the Bowser player go through a few conditions. If Bowser is above X% (a fair amount hasn't been concretely decided on yet), uses Up Taunt (Bowser roaring), takes damage during the start up animation frames before the roar comes out, AND the super taunt inputs (Up Taunt, Down Taunt, Up Taunt) are put in, Bowser then transforms into Project M's version of Giga Bowser. For anyone who is unfamiliar with Project M's Giga Bowser, he is completely reworked. In PM, Giga Bowser is able to flinch, while taking regular damage and knockback. And the only differences to his kit are a shockwave on the ground for landing Down-B, weak HitBoxes on his feet during his dash, and Buffs to his Throws. He is overall VERY susceptible to being combo'd by Project M's more combo-oriented characters, so I imagine Minus' cast would be able to handle him fairly easily.
---

:dk:Donkey Kong:

---
D.K.'s Up-B's HitBoxes should pull in the opponent much more to guarantee the final hit. [EpicNonBread]
In Melee and Project M, Grounded Up-B is a good OOS "get off me" option, with the start-up hit dealing significant KnockBack, but not strong enough KnockBack to be a kill move. Smash 4 did something different with it in that there is no start-up HitBox to swat characters away, but rather they are hit with the entire move and then the final HitBox pushes back with moderate KnockBack. The current Grounded Up-B of Minus lacks the high KnockBack start up hitbox as well, but the rest of the move can be SDI'd out of, Shielded, and then punished, making the OOS "get off me" option no longer safe and inconsistent.
MelonKeepR: "I'd like to add that in Smash 64, DK's Up-b can be used as a combo breaker. That'd be pretty cool to see in Minus."
Pin Clock: "Making the initial hit function as a combo breaker would be a much bigger Buff for the Kong and sounds fun to do."
EpicNonBread: "I don't think this is the right way to rework this move. Rather than add a combo-breaking HitBox on start-up, it would be more of a Buff to make the individual hits harder to SDI. This would make Spinning Kong an OoS option that presents more follow-ups for D.K. after the last hit."
---

---
Side-B shorten shortcut - I mentioned this before but haven't heard about it much. Wanted to make sure it's being considered. [Ludacario]
---

---
Can you make Fox's WaveDash less slippery? It's hard to avoid sliding off platforms with it. [MelonKeepR]
---

---
I have Requests regarding Warlock Punch as well (of course I do!), but I'm gonna hold off on officially posting them for a bit, because I'm working on my own solution... which, while interesting, isn't ready to show off yet. Check this space later. [Bent 00]
---
Ganondorf's Speed needs to be increased. [That guy who likes to meme]
Pin Clock: "What speed? Avoid vague Requests."
Bent 00: "He probably means 'Dorf's movement speed. His run speed and air speed are really slow."
---
Revert Wizard's Foot to Pre-Nerf power. [Thor]
---
Please allow Ganondorf to angle his F-Tilt like he can in Project M. He needs to be more flexible. [Lucis Perifico]
---
Gandouken is "meh" overall, and I'd rather he have a Cape reflector à la Project M. [Lucis Perifico]
Bent 00: "Pin has said the Devs are against 'Dorf being able to reflect, unless he could only reflect his own Gandoukens, but I see no reason why 'Dorf shouldn't have both versions of Gandouken (Energy Ball and Dark Wave) at his disposal. I'm working on a solution for this..."
---

:iceclimbers::nana:Ice Climbers:

---
Instead of giving a foe frozen by Ice Shot Grab invulnerability and Super Armor, what if you just gave them Grab immunity? [Kymaera K1ng]
This could work as a worse version of the Paralysis effect. If you do this, reduce the KnockBack on Nana's Throws as well, so they hit the ground while in ice. Make sure that Throwing them with Nana at the edge doesn't kill them.
---
Give Popo, and only Popo, a Jump-Cancel Grab. [MelonKeepR]
The I.C.s, as they are now, have a few options to Grab with. These include (but are not limited to):
Dash Grab / Standing Grab
Pivot Grab
Down-B Grab
Side-B Grab
...and they have a few Throw followups. These include (but are not limited to):
Smash Attacks
Re-Grabs
Aerials
Down-B
Now, these follow-ups are generally not too strong. The majority end up being almost trivial in the end.
If Popo is given a Jump-Cancel Grab, it would not only give the I.C.s more Grab options, such as:
Running Grab
Down-Tilt Grab
Side-B Grab (Again)
Up-Tilt Grab
It would also give them a powerful follow-up in a fast, true, Up-Throw Up-Air combo (Also connects with Up-Tilt at low percents, you cannot re-grab from this, however):
Up-Throw Up-Air
Up-Throw Up-Air Up-Tilt
Do note that Up-Throw > Up-Air > Up-Tilt is a difficult combo, and is far less consistent than, say, Up-Throw > Up-Tilt > Down-Air, however, for the really daring, it is theoretically possible to do Up-Throw > Up-Air > Up-Tilt > Up-B / Up-Smash, but it's unreasonable to attempt that.

As the I.C.s are now, at low and high percentages, their Grabs can be fruitful, and they have a variety of ways to Grab foes, but at mid percentages, they feel quite lacking in this. Giving Popo a Jump-Cancel Grab allows for the I.C.s to get better combos from Up-Throw, and more Grab opportunities.

This Buff may seem unnecessary, but I thought it was simple enough (yet still very impactful) to where there'd be no harm in recommending it. Since the icicles are being "Nerfed" (though really, it's just a fix), it'd be nice to see them trade off with something along these lines.
---

---
Make Jigglypuff's Side Taunt attack work in both directions. [Bent 00]
---
As-is, no/low-charge Rollout is literally useless; 'Puff just rolls slowly and harmlessly. Please give it some functionality. [Rejinka]
---

---
Allow Kirby to Cancel the rising portion of Final Cutter in the air, like he can already do with the grounded version. [Rejinka]
---
Make all of Kirby's Copy Abilities slightly better than the originals. [player_03]
---

---
If you won't remove Double ExtremeSpeed, please add a penalty for spamming the move, such as self-damage or gradual speed reduction with repeated use. "ExtremeCheese" dominates Lucario's moveset and grants him way too much aerial mobility. [Bent 00]
---

:lucas:Lucas:

---
Make Lucas' Down-Special HitBox come out when Jump-Cancelled. [MelonKeepR]
As it is now, when you Jump Cancel Lucas' Down-Special like you would Ness', no HitBox comes out. This, in my opinion, makes it pretty useless offensively. I really don't see any reason for Lucas' Down-Special to not work like Ness' does. I think the way Lucas' Zeus Down-Special works is good.
----
Make Lucas' multishines good! [MelonKeepR]
---
Refresh Lucas' PK Thunder when it collides with something other than himself, OR increase this projectile's speed. [EpicNonBread].
I understand that Lucas currently has the worse of the two PK Kids' Up-B's because Lucas has the superior horizontal recovery, but in trying to use both Side-B and Up-B recovery options together, in rare situations the momentum of Lucas moving makes using Up-B a hassle to use.
---
Lucas' PSI Magnet should have similar frame data to Ness' in regards to when the move ends, when Lucas can act out of the move, and how quickly the move's HitBox becomes active. [EpicNonBread]
The hitbox for Down-B of course shouldn't be something too early, like frame 1, because of the current utility that the KnockBack strength and Angle already presents, but right now the move is just barely too slow to properly combo with, and leaves Lucas in a very punishable state. It only acts as a follow-up tool that doesn't always present further follow-ups.
---
Reduce the travel speed of the PK Freeze projectile. [EpicNonBread]
The ability to Jump Cancel PK Freeze is awesome. It makes the option always safe in practical use. Unfortunately, the move is more or less useless outside of throwing out a big HitBox and hoping someone runs into it. Very often, the move can't be used combined with Lucas also approaching, as the PK Freeze will fly off the stage. Reducing the travel speed of PK Freeze and essentially cutting how far it can reach all together would make it a more potent tool, while staying close to Lucas and applying additional pressure while he advances.
---

---
Please make Double Jump Punch Wall Jump Cancelable. [That guy who likes to meme]
Pin Clock: "There are two ways we can do this: Either on the second Jump Punch only, or if there is a way to differentiate when one wants to Double Jump or Wall Jump, so the other doesn't happen when intending for one."
---

:gnw:Mr. Game & Watch:

---
Make Mr. Game & Watch's Sliding Dash Attack Cancel easier to do, or replace it with something else. [player_03]
---
Mr. Game and Watch's Up-Special should be Shield-Cancelable in the first few frames. [alaserdolphin]
I think making Up-Special Shield-Cancelable (and either directly angleable like Fox's Up-Special, or "angleable" like Roy's) whilst retaining momentum would satisfy the need for speed, in addition to making the timing much more accessible to the average human being's hands.
---

:olimar:Olimar:

---
Rebalance pikmin. Buff damage from Purple Pikmin. Nerf damage from latched (Blue,Red,White,Yellow) Pikmin. [EpicNonBread]
Right now Olimar's Pikmin-utilizing-moves lose to most trades while Olimar is stuck in the animation of giving orders to the Pikmin, making him a free punish for the trade-winning move. This could be worked around by rewarding Olimar for confirmed hits with Pikmin, but not over buffing him too hard by nerfing the damage done from latched pikmin. I suggest Olimar's Up Air, Dair, Fair, Bair, UpSmash, DSmash, FSmash, and Side B all have damage increased when using a Purple, while the damage from other latched pikmin from Side B (Blue,Red,White,Yellow) is reduced from 2% to 1%.
---

---
Can we get a "Tap" / "Hold" variant for Pikachu's Back-Air? The "Hold" version could be the "Pikacopter" and the "Tap" version could be either the Smash 64 / Project M Back-Air OR Pikachu's vBrawl Back-Air. The 64 variant is better for Pikachu's kit, but if that is Rejected, the vBrawl version would be good too. [AGentleStar]
---

:rob:R.O.B.:

---
Very rarely, R.O.B. is unable to pick up Gyro, by either regularly picking it up or by D-Air Dashing onto it. Please fix this. [EpicNonBread]
It's most notable during the second portion of the spinning duration. This was an issue in vBrawl but doesn't seem to be apparent in Smash 4 or Project M. My guess is that if possible, the size for how close you need to be in proximity to the grounded gyro should be increased to allow for an easier pick up.
---

---
Make Snake's N-Air "pause" in the air on-hit, like Ganondorf's full, three-kick N-Air does. That would help Snake's four kicks link together better. As-is, they only link reliably if he catches his foe with N-Air immediately after jumping. If Snake has much downward momentum at all, he will fall out of the combo. [Bent 00] (POLL)
---
Give the first and second hits of Snake's 4.0bc N-Air similar hitbox properties to the third hit of the same move; this will help him re-ground his enemy so they can be Grabbed (at low percentages), Jabbed, or Tilted to continue his combo from the air. [Xaxidoro] (POLL)
---
Give Snake more control over when placed C4 explodes, by making it not detonate until Special is released after being primed. [Thor]
Bent 00: "If we go this route, I would suggest that Held Down-Special lock Snake into a pre-trigger state of his Down-Special animation, not proceeding with the C4 explosion and the rest of the animation until Special is released. This state could Cancel into anything except Specials, to opt out of the detonation."
---
Snake should be able to Jump-Cancel his Dash Attack. [Survivian]
---
Snake has an ungodly amount of EndLag and Landing Lag. Please reduce those. [Survivian]
---
Snake's Forward-Air and Back-Air feel extremely sluggish. Please speed them up. [Survivian]
---
Please speed up Snake's Jab Combo. It has an awkward amount of HitLag despite dealing about the same damage as other Jabs, and if he whiffs he is punishable for too long. [Survivian]
---
Snake's Close-Quarters-Combat should be stronger, as it is in the Metal Gear Solid games. His weapons overshadow his martial arts. [Survivian]
---
Buff Snake's Down-Tilt by reverting it back into a combo/kill confirm move, like how it was back in this video. [fantasyDinosaur]
Snake's Down-Tilt is weak. it may have nice range and a low sweeping hitbox, but it isn't safe on Shield (especially Perfect Shield) and is most likely never going to kill your opponent. I think that making Down-Tilt a combo/kill confirm again -- instead of a "get-off me" move that fails at doing that -- would better suit him for callouts and reads, and would reward him with getting stocks instead of forcing a edgeguard situation. This should Buff Snake and deal with the trouble of Down-Tilt being a bad move, unless it receives buffs in a different manner.
---
Please get permission to use and then implement Snake's "Walking Box" Taunt animation from Project M. [Bent 00]
---
Unless we can come up with a better new Taunt, get permission to use and then implement Snake's old "Good" Taunt from Project M 2.5. [Bent 00]
In Project M 2.5, Snake's up taunt made him put a hand to his chin and say, "Good" or "Tasty". If we don't use "Not even close" elsewhere, like on a new Cloaking Device Taunt, it would be nice if Left / Right Taunt shared the same animation, but Left yielded "Good" and Right yielded "Not even close".
---

---
Replace Wolf's "Play Time's over, Star Fox" line with something more appropriate, since Fox isn't always present." [666DAMAGE]
Bent 00: "Wolf only says "Star Fox" if the taunt is interrupted by an external force mid-Taunt. I wonder if it's possible to make it always cut off before he says that?"
---

Stage

---
Can we have Final Frustration rock around a bit more? I miss its chaotic nature from previous builds. [Mariosonicman1]
---
Kongo Jungle improvements: Remove graininess from music (fixed here), and make fighters 3D instead of 2D with this code: 046CF700 48000014. [Karbon]
---
Could you guys add some sort of Training Room stage? [simsims2800]
---

Misc.

NONE

REJECTED

General

---
Characters yell out their death cries too early and too often. This is especially annoying for characters like Fox and Kirby. Here's a video example. Please use death cries more sparingly. [AGentleStar]
Bent 00: "If possible, I suggest that we make death cries only sound on K.O., or Smash 4 style: When a lethal hit is received, not accounting for Directional Influence."
Pin Clock: "This is actually a vBrawl function, we just supplied the removed sounds."
---
Please add the "All-Star Versus Mode" codes from Project M, which allow you to fight with multiple different characters in succession, instead of only one. [Mimsy]
Pin Clock: "We will not be taking Requests for Gameplay Modes."
---
Please add the Stamina Mode codes from Project M, including all five Types that alter knockback, blast zones, and the camera. These would be a great fit for Minus. [Bent 00]
---
I just want Turbo Mode. [Mohl]
---
Please increase the skill ceiling of some characters, so there are more fighters that actually require mechanical skill to perform well with. [Dusk]
Pin Clock: "This is a rather vague Request. Please make specific Requests for specific characters. Skill ceiling isn't a stat we can increase or decrease."
---
Please make Light Presses on Triggers activate them, like in Project M. I really dislike that you have to fully press the triggers in order for them to register. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "This desynchs wifi, throws off players, and can also desynch replays. For these reasons, we decline."
---
Unique nameplates would be cool. For example, look at these names from a notable Smash 4 mod, styled by series. [Sly]
Pin Clock: "Uniformity > Series-based names."
---
Footstools are good in teams, but not in singles. I suggest making them untechable, like in Smash 4. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "They already are, aren't they?"
fantasyDinosaur: "Footstools are techable."
Pin Clock: "Brawl had tons of Footstool infinites, so we made Footstools techable in Minus. They will remain this way."
---
Could the title screen have the announcer yell Brawl Minus on it? The Title Scream is awesome, it makes everything cooler. [SilverStarApple]
Pin Clock: "The only way to do this is to change the intro -- which is only patchable by Riivolution -- which means we can't."
---
Release more patches before the final release to patch up commonly known bugs, please. [Dusk]
Pin Clock: "Only if there are emergencies like CHUUUgate and Back-Air the Character."
---
Would it be possible to make Shield Dropping like how it is in Project M? Shield Dropping in Brawl is pretty inconsistent. [fantasyDinosaur]
Pin Clock: "This is more a Wii hardware issue than it is anything in-game specifically."
---
If Brawl had Tabuu's theme (the Boss Battle theme or whatever on Smash 4) on Final Destination, can that be made the default song for that stage? [Thor]
Pin Clock: "We would like to do this, but have no idea how, nor have we seen it done without replacing other songs. This is unlikely to happen, due to the tech work that would need to go into putting these in without replacing other things. This song isn't intended to play on normal stages, and would require adding My Music slots."
---
The Battle Portraits for the Brawl Art versions are currently not editable. Could this be fixed? [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "This is less a Minus issue and more a BrawlBox issue IIRC."
---
Consider making Brawl Air Dodges Auto-Cancel/"Auto-Land". [Ludacario]
This is as close as its gonna get for WaveLanding. Auto-Cancelled Air Dodges allow for a better defensive landing option, and are another mixup for Shielding opponents. Auto-Land > Grab could be used instead of Attack Attack Attack. Would lower the "spammy" nature of Minus.
Pin Clock: "Air Dodges already only have 6 frames of landing lag in Minus -- that's pretty low as it is."
---
While playing Meta Knight and Pit, I found the Glide input very finicky. While trying to jump, I found myself occasionally getting a Glide on accident, which really screwed up my combos. Could you possibly increase the amount of time you have to hold X/Y to enter a Glide? [Pikmin1211]
Pin Clock: "Characters that Glide would like a reliable way to access Glide... If we're removing "Spin to Glide", we should keep the hold button duration. Rejected Request."
---

Fighter

---
Allow Jab1 to cancel into Up-Special and Down-Special. [Ludacario]
---

---
I think Captain Falcon's speed needs to be reduced. His speed makes him too difficult to control, and even when you can control him, his movement is very committal. [Malkasaur] (POLL)
Pin Clock: "We will not be reducing Captain Falcon's speed."
---
Return intangibility frames to Raptor Boost, since it is so punishable and useless for combos. Falcon is too weak against projectiles! [Mimsy]
Pin Clock: "We will not be restoring its Intantibility frames or giving it any Armor."
---
Please change the input for Falcon's Super Taunt (Instant Falcon Punch Charge) from "Up-Taunt, Down-Taunt, Up-Taunt" to "Hold Up-Taunt". As-is, it fails because of input issues far too often. [Bent 00]
A complex input like "Up-Taunt, Down-Taunt, Up-Taunt" is fine for Luigi's dancing Secret Taunt, and it's not as much of a problem with Lucario's ULTRATAUNT, but it IS a problem with Falcon's Instant Falcon Punch Charge. As I've mentioned on the forums, if you mash too fast, Falcon will just twitch in place. But the real problem is how this unnecessarily complicated input makes charging an Instant Falcon Punch unreliable. You can generally only do it safely after earning a KO, and even then you have merely a few seconds to get it charged. I think it's too easy to mess up the "Up Taunt > Down Taunt > Up Taunt" input, which will keep you from getting the charge you deserved, and may even get you punished by the returning opponent.

There's no reason for Falcon's Instant Falcon Punch Charge Super Taunt to have such an error-prone input. I'd like it to be "Hold Up Taunt" instead. You can't mess that up! Save the complex inputs for stuff that you really don't want to trigger by accident, or stuff that is meant to be "Secret" -- not regularly-used moveset elements that can only be activated in clutch situations. When it comes to Smash Bros., streamlined, reliable controls are much better than complex, unreliable controls.

Note: It's been pointed out that one can map unused buttons to Up-Taunt and Down-Taunt to make inputting Falcon's Super Taunt easier, but I've tried this -- even though I use all the buttons already -- and it just makes the twitching more likely to happen. It's not a good solution. Mashing the Gamecube controller's tiny D-Pad works more often, but that is not reliable either.
Pin Clock: "We will not be changing secret taunt inputs, and the windows for them on both Falcon and Lucario are as long as they can get."
---
On Falcon's Secret Taunt, change his "Show me ya Moves" SFX x3 to the soft "Yess" SFX x1. [666DAMAGE] (POLL)
Pin Clock: "No."
---
Captain Falcon plays like he did in Melee with some added flair, but he's very light. Falcon can fast fall well, but that's not weight. His shorthop is too high to combo the same way as in Melee. Falcon's weight is too low. [AGentleStar]
Bent 00: "I'd need to test more to say for certain, but Falcon feels pretty good to me (a Falcon main). I doubt more Weight would help him."
Pin Clock: "We can lower his ShortHop and increase his Weight a little bit."
Bent 00: "While this Request was APPROVED at first, after testing and further consideration, it was decided that additional Weight for Falcon is not needed. A shorter Short Hop has not been ruled out entirely, but would need to be proven a worthwhile change in order to be APPROVED."
---
When Falcon lands Knee, holding back on the Control Stick could activate the reverse HitBox, while holding any other direction (or no direction) would leave the normal HitBox. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "That's... a little too complex for the controls we want."
---

:diddy:Diddy Kong:

---
Add Diddy's Smash 4 Up-Air and the Hoo-Hah. [WarioMasterDK]
Pin Clock: "Gonna respect Hungrybox here (No)."
---
Implement Diddy's sunglasses taunt from Project M. Preferably, this would have a less-strict input window and not disappear when damage is taken. Maybe let Diddy taunt again to take the sunglasses off. [baltarc]
Pin Clock: "This would be a pain to get permissions for (from multiple sources) and all-in-all not worth the trouble."
---
I'd like for Diddy's Back-Air to have normal KnockBack. Right now, it doesn't really do anything besides add small damage in combos. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "Giving B-Air normal KnockBack just makes it a second F-Air, which is pointless since this move already leads into F-Air."
---

:dk:Donkey Kong:

---
Donkey Kong should be able to get more off of his Throws. Specifically, Cargo Up Throw. In Melee and Smash 4, he is able to start a lot off of it. In Minus, you can get Cargo Up Throw to Up-Air only at low percents. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "DK is already a monster, even without a huge Throw game. It is very unlikely he will get Buffed in this regard."
---
Please give Donkey Kong his rolling Dash Attack from the Donkey Kong Country games, the way Project M did. I don't know if you'd be able to make it roll off edges, but it could be made Jump-cancelable, at least. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: D.K.'s Dash attack is already good and it'd be too much of a balance adjustment on an already solidly-balanced character for the final release."
---

---
I get the feeling mode-switching firebird is too tricky [even though Pichu has mode-switch moves everywhere], but I'll suggest it anyway - Falco could hold the button for current firebird [or even MAX style firebird, with the long startup and the phrase], and short press for a Melee-style firebird [it could hit harder and potentially be some kind of combo finisher or something?]. [Thor]
Pin Clock: "This change would not be too useful, as nerfing the long UpB and adding a short UpB would just have Falco pretty much only use his jumps and SideB for recovery, which would become much more optimal if UpB was nerfed."
---
Since people have still complained about slow lasers, I'll re-suggest an idea I had elsewhere - aerial Lasers are fast Lasers, grounded Lasers are slow Lasers. His slow Back-Throw is actually good [get a lot of damage or a lot of stage position], Up-Throw is bad regardless, and Forward-Throw plus Down-Throw are unaffected. This suggestion is based on when Falco had stronger grounded Lasers than aerial Lasers. It would allow for slow laser use, but you'd have to stand for them -- meaning in general he'd have fast Lasers, but you could use slow Lasers to set stuff up [it might also make Laser locks harder, which I would guess the Dev team isn't opposed to]. [Thor]
Pin Clock: "This is too limiting for Falco as Lasers work differently in different match-ups. Sometimes he wants slow Lasers in the air and fast Lasers on the ground, and denying him that would not be right."
---
I'd like Falco to get his Melee Shine back. [simsims2800]
I may not have much experience playing this mod with other people, but to me, Falco's Down-Special isn't all that useful. It reflects and trips, but 99% of the time your opponent is either going to Roll away after getting hit (before you can follow up), or punish you hard for missing. Falco's Melee Shine would expand his combo and edgeguarding game big time.

To compensate, you guys can remove a Double Jump or two, or maybe even make his aerial lasers laggy enough that he can't SHDL anymore. Just please do whatever you need to so that Minus Falco getting his Melee Shine could be balanced (in context, of course).
Pin Clock: "Falco with Falco's shine only really works after a WaveDash, and there's no way we're making Falco WaveDash, we'd have to redesign the whole character if we did that."
---
F-Air adjustments - Reduction of range is necessary. Consider splitting up HitBoxes. [Ludacario]
In 4.0BC, Falco's F-Air is just a single massive HitBox, all pointing straight forward. I suggest splitting them into three separate boxes. One on each of his wings, pointing slightly away from Falco. For instance, one on the south-most part of his model would point approximately 20 degrees south, and opposite for the north. The beak would be a much reduced size compared to now, but the same zero degree direction. It would make it harder for Falco to get F-Air chains but also give him options and mixups depending where he hits the opponent. Still a Nerf, but a creative one at least. If you want to be cheeky, put a small hitbox on his feet that does something.
Pin Clock: "F-Air doesn't need those tweaks. These HitBoxes wouldn't add a lot (if anything) to Falco's game. They would only make F-Air more confusing."
---
B-Reverse second laser - This wouldn't be much of a Buff, but it would look super cool if Falco could B-Reverse each laser of his SHDL. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "I can see a lot of unwanted accidents happening that would hurt Falco's game, and it doesn't really seem to have a practical use, so we're going no here."
---
Decrease Side-b priority - If WaveDashing is added, make Side-B much much easier for others to beat out Side-B. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "You said 'If WaveDashing is added', and we're not adding WaveDashing, so no to this."
---

---
I think Fox's speed needs to be reduced. His speed makes him too difficult to control, and even when you can control him, his movement is very committal. [Malkasaur] (POLL)
Pin Clock: "We will not be reducing Fox's speed."
---
Add hitstun matching Falco's Lasers to only the first Laser fired each time Fox draws his Blaster. [Longbottom]
Pin Clock: "Fox does not need any hitstun on his Lasers ever, especially since they're cancelable into anything, AND Fox can cancel into Jump and then shoot another Laser."
---
Could Fox's Shine last a bit longer before it enters endlag? If the endlag is not Jump-cancelable already, it would do several things... [Thor]
- Nerf Shine stalling in air slightly [mashing Down-Special to stall yourself [not amazingly useful in singles, but in teams, it can be done offstage to wait for a teammate if high up].
- Make it easier to Jump Cancel Shine [you have more time to jump out of it, which could make some things slightly easier (while not slowing down those who already can do it really fast)]
- Matches Melee better [AKA if someone is trying the game from Melee, it'll feel more like Melee]
- Makes missing a Jump-canceled Shine more punishable [even if Shine isn't canceled, holding shield after a Shine is still extremely fast... altering it would slow it down and make the failed Jump-Cancels more noticeable, and thus somewhat more punishable].
Pin Clock: "It's already Jump-cancelable, so this change isn't really significant enough to seem necessary."
---
Fox plays like he did in Melee with some added flair, but he's very light. Fox can Fast Fall well, but that's not Weight. His Short Hop is too high to combo the same way as in Melee. Fox's Weight is too low. Brawl Minus Zeus does him right. [AGentleStar]
Pin Clock: "We are already reverting his Short Hop."
---
Could we get Shine recolors, like making Fox's Shine black and white? Would it be possible to recolor them differently for each skin? [Farkus]
Pin Clock: "Unlike early Minus, we will not be pointlessly recoloring things like shine."
---
Give Fox "Melee Falco's Shine". [Dusk, Kymaera K1ng]
This would increase Fox's vertical combo game and make wavelanding after a Shine insanely good. It would also lead to nifty things like Shine turnaround J.C. Back-Air to edgeguard or Shine J.C. any Aerial. I would suggest polling this though, because I don't know how many Foxes would want this in. I feel like it could be a potential Buff to Fox and it could include more elements from Melee.
Pin Clock: "This conflicts with Fox's designs and ideologies, we will have to say no here."
---
I'd be happy if the Dev Team removed every pseudo-WaveDash and redesigned Fox around Smash 4 Fox instead. [Thor]
Pin Clock: "We are avoiding any unnecessary redesigns."
---

---
I said that if we reverted Gandouken back to 3.Q, 'Dorf should be able to reflect the projectile somehow. Since that ability was not added, Energy Ball is a major step down against characters who can reflect (Dark Wave 'Douken could not be reflected back at 'Dorf). If we keep the Energy Ball Gandouken, 'Dorf should be able to reflect it with something... Maybe Jab, or a Neutral B windup cancel into Cape? A+B could be the input. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We're against 'Dorf being able to reflect. If it were possible, we would love to have him just be able to reflect Gandoukens as an Easter egg, but unfortunately that is not possible."
---
Remember that you have permission to use BronzeGreekGod's Project Ganondorf in Minus. Please make use of that opportunity. Minus-style Project Ganondorf would be amazing. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We will not be taking Requests for new characters, or including Bat Ness-esque transformations."
---
Decrease hitlag on Ganondorf's Down-Air. If perfect-shielded or even just blocked, Down-Air is punishable. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "You probably shouldn't just be randomly Down-Airing people's shields like that. Plan carefully and try not to get punished."
---
Improve the knockback on the main hitbox of Ganondorf's Up-Tilt. I couldn't even kill Falco with it at 60% on Final Destination. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "Did you hit Falco right? Our testing confirmed Falco is K.O.ed by Ganondorf's Up-Tilt from the center of Final Destination at around 55%."
Xaxidoro: "I'd still like to Request to get it Buffed. Not '1.5b Buffed', but just Buffed a bit more."
Pin Clock: "It still doesn't need Buffs."
---
Warlock Punch needs to have Super Armor. [That guy who likes to meme]
Pin Clock: "It's a OHKO. No it doesn't. It is getting invulnerability for the first frame it comes out to fix a glitch with Gandouken, but that is it."
---
Make Dark Dive into Dark Fists from Smash 4, which is basically Dark Dive with armor on startup, new hitboxes at the at the beginning and end, and the Grab removed (so that people can't walltech walljump to punish the move). I think this would be awesome, since it removes a spike while giving Ganondorf a risky (but more useful) Out-of-Shield option, thanks to the armor. [Thor]
Bent 00: "As a 'Dorf main, I think we should leave Dark Dive as-is."
Pin Clock: "Dark Dive is a much better move. Variety for Variety's sake doesn't always mean it's better."
---
Give Ganondorf his Project M Up-Tilt to use as a combo and kill move. [Keebyplays97]
Pin Clock: "The Minus Up-Tilt may not be as "good" as the Project M Up-Tilt, but its raw power is just a tiny part of what makes Ganondorf who he is, which we do not want to take away. If there are issues with Minus Up-Tilt we can improve it, but Up-Tilt will remain the slow Volcano Kick."
---

---
Return the following features of Ike's NSM counter: the "You'll get no sympathy from me" SFX and the long hitstun. This does not necessarily violate the backroom's unwillingness to return NSM. Plus, if anything it will help confirm Ike's counter; his current one actually whiffs a lot more than it should. [Xaxidoro] (POLL)
Pin Clock: "CountEruption lead to a very toxic playstyle that will never return. Meanwhile just bringing back the hitstun would make Counter really annoying, and having the counter with hitstun be cancelable would be just as bad as CountEruption."
---
Perhaps Counter could be made grab-cancelable, if people want grab combos from it? [Thor]
Pin Clock: "There isn't really a reason for a grab cancel on this."
---
Could we get IkeCopter (Up-Air) to go a little higher, or at least give Ike a bit of elevation once he's falling? When used after jumping, it's fine. It'll give a moderate boost upward. However, currently, when falling and using an Up-Air, he'll simply slow his falling speed, not give himself a slight boost. [Brawl Minus VS]
Pin Clock: "We will not be buffing IkeCopter because it can already go past the top blast zone, which is extremely dangerous for someone with his sheer power."
---
Make Side Special (Quick Draw) Jump-cancelable. I think a lot of people want this really badly. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "That'd make him really overpowered, with the momentum conservation into jumping and attacking."
---

---
Jigglypuff's Down-Throw was ruined. Can we revert that move back to the way it was in MAX, please? [Longbottom]
Pin Clock: "Down-Throw into Sing called, and said "Oh God no, please!"
---
Jigglypuff's Side-Taunt should be reverted to Gravity from Brawl Minus 4.0b. [alaserdolphin]
Gravity was a huge part of Jiggs' edgeguarding game, with particular mention to matchups against characters whose recovery also had the potential to do heavy damage and/or meteor (e.g. spacies, Pika, Marth, etc.).

While I can see the counterargument revolving around the controversy that is the windbox, its huge startup and long endlag make it easily punishable if the opponent has basic spacing knowledge.

Regardless of that, the current taunt always faces to the left, which makes it worthless outside of a few niche cases. The only circumstance I've had come up more than once is disrespecting off of Sing, which can be much better handled via Throws or even Rest.
Pin Clock: "We have thought hard before removing Gravity from Jiggs, and the changelog explains why, but I'll explain why:
Jigglypuff, as a character, is designed to go off-stage and give chase to foes she has knocked off to gimp them. However, a lot of the things that we gave her in the past seem to clash with this design, and Gravity was a major one. While it was a smaller thing before she was able to move during the taunt, it still made her only requirement "Be on the ground near the edge" to gimp a fair amount of the cast without the effort or style Jiggs is designed to use. Gravity was never intended to be a gimping tool, but an enhancement to Sing. Gravity was supposed to snag foes above her as she cancels into Sing as they came down, but it turned out to be much more efficient as an absurdly strong gimping tool.
Gravity was never intended to be a powerful gimping tool, and it clashes with Jigglypuff's design as a whole. Don't expect it to come back."

---
It might be nice to give Jigglypuff a real Neutral-B. [Rejnka]
Pin Clock: "You've never utilized Rollout Cancels before? It's a very versatile move."
---

:ddd:King Dedede:

---
Give King Dedede Super Armor on some of his attacks. [Gren]
Pin Clock: "Dedede is already a considered by the playerbase to be one of the best, getting armor would make him by far the best. No."
---
I Request for Waddle Dees to stop jumping when you throw out a smash attack or dash attack. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "This would lead to unwanted Waddle kills on all instances. They jump so Dedede doesn't have to start from square one every time he wants to use one of those moves. Down-Smash is the exception; Dedede should use it as a Waddle-Clearer."
---

---
Once Kirby lands on the ground, let him Cancel Stone into Down-Taunt. [player_03]
Pin Clock: "Why? This seems really unnecessary and not all that funny."
---

:link:Link:

---
I think this is a cool final smash for Link. [Karbon]
Pin Clock: "Link's Final Smash won't be changed."
---
Up-B Tether Cancel - This would boost Link's recovery and give him a decent mixup that he needs when trying to get back to the stage. [Ludacario]
If there was some way to make it a very laggy move upon missing, I think it would be a fair addition. If added, I recommend only allowing it to be Cancelled when in the air, to prevent Up-B on stage to grab. Also, if missing the ledge, grant more EndLag to prevent it from being abused as an offensive option.
Pin Clock: "We tested every possible variation of this, and there was no way to really make it balanced."
---

---
Double Team hasn't been Nerfed enough. It's still a really good combo breaker on a character that's already hard to combo, and is nearly impossible to punish on a whiff or Shield. When Double Team hits a Shield, Lucario should get less momentum going through, so it can actually be punished. [Longbottom]
Pin Clock: "We have our own solution to this, and we look forward to being able to show it off in the future!"
---
Could Lucario get some endlag on its Up-B and Smashes? They are way too safe, and make Lucario un-enjoyable to fight. [snuffychris605]
Pin Clock: "Any endlag on Up-B is pointless, as he can Cancel it into anything. His Smashes are punishable, try blocking."
---

---
For Mario to have "Do the Mario" as a taunt. [WarioMasterDK]
Bent 00: I think it's safe to say this will never happen officially.
---

:marth:Marth:

---
Can Marth's Reversed Dolphin Slash have more KnockBack / kill power in 4.0f, compared to the non-Reversed version? [Mimsy]
1) As it stands right now, Dolphin Slash is not a useful kill move. It will kill at very high percent, but any opponent with decent D.I. skill will not die from a PAL Ken Combo at less than 120%.
2) Reversed Dolphin Slash has the same reward as the non-Reversed version -- except with fewer HitBoxes -- meaning that the risk required to land a Reversed Dolphin Slash combo does not reward the player with any benefit for ending a combo with a smaller HitBox.
Pin Clock: "Dolphin Slash is already powerful enough as it is."
---

---
Can Mewtwo's Down B be turned into Disable instead of Future Sight? Future Sight really isn't that useful, because in most cases, the opponent can just run away from where it was used, rendering it useless. [AlbertThePidgey]
Pin Clock: "Future Sight is solid, I encourage experimenting more with it. It's very new, so don't dismiss it so soon!"
---
Future Sight is a cool idea. However, it should launch at a better angle. Launching at 90 degrees is useless. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "90 degrees is probably the most consistently useful angle there is."
---
Could Mewtwo gain the ability to detonate Future Sight at will, by pressing Down-Special again? Like a shorter version of Snake's C4. [Thor]
Pin Clock: "It already automatically detonates on contact once the delayed hitbox becomes active."
---

---
Mr. Game & Watch having his Melee Down-Tilt would be neat. [freezus]
Pin Clock: "Is there a difference between Mr. Game & Watch's Down-Tilt in Melee and Minus?"
freezus: "Minus Down-Tilt is really similar to vBrawl Down-Tilt, which is MUCH weaker than it was in Melee, knockback-wise. In Melee, it was a combo starter at low percents and could kill some characters after 100%, but in Brawl, it won't even kill in sudden death, which I think is ridiculous."
Kymaera K1ng: "In Melee, Mr. Game & Watch's Down-Tilt launched upwards."
Pin Clock: "While Melee Down-Tilt may seem better than Minus Down-Tilt on paper, Minus Down-Tilt works better in his Minus kit, due to how its KnockBack properties work out with its momentum shenanigans, and how it can combo in mid to kill percents."
---
Mr. Game and Watch's Dash Speed should be considerably reduced. [alaserdolphin]
The problem with his Dash Speed is that it's almost uncontrollable; trying to move from one end of F.D. to the other, in order to hit a Down-Smash, etc. on an opponent usually results in either being horribly mistimed/misplaced or becoming an accidental Dash Attack. While the Dash Speed is a huge benefit, the options he gains as a result aren't as good as they would be if the speed was gained elsewhere.
player_03: "As a G&W main, his speed is perfect as-is."
Pin Clock: "It's fine as-is."
---
In the original SD Card Netplay Build for PM 3.6, Game and Watch had two minor changes: He was given a dance as his victory animation, and his victory theme was changed to "It is a mystery". This made it look like he was dancing to the music. Please put this in Minus. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "We won't be doing this."
---

:olimar:Olimar:

---
Heavily slow down Olimar's Pikmin Toss. Throwing barrages of Pikmin is too strong to be so easy to spam. I propose adding ~8-9 more frames of endlag between throws. [alaserdolphin]
Pin Clock: "Pikmin Toss is in a pretty good place right now, I encourage exploring more Olimar Counterplay."
---

:pichu:Pichu:

---
The "Tap/Hold" system Pichu has is really bad currently. It's too hard to trigger the "Tap" variants of Pichu's moves because the "Tap" window is too small. I think the button should have to be held for three frames to trigger the "Hold" variants of its moves. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "Most moves have a 6/7 frame window, but Up-Air is hard unless you're using the C-Stick. Most moves have a clear window, though."
---

---
Add the ability to Jump Cancel the endlag of Quick Attack, like in vBrawl. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "This could be a little cool, but it may also be super broken, so for now: a cautionary no."
---
Feel free to use anything you like from my "Powered-Up Pikachu" tweaks, namely "Extreme Quick Attack" and/or "Charged Thunder". [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "Interesting, but we will pass on these."
---

---
F-Tilt: Allow Roy to activate his F-Tilt Projectile in midair with a slight increase in range.
Roy's F-Tilt can already be activated by tapping the joystick quickly or tapping the C-Stick forward. So, why not allow Roy to do this in mid air? Also, increasing his projectile range slightly but noticeably could help in dealing with other projectile users and spacies. The increased range and ability to use the F-Tilt projectile in mid-air will allow him to at least stand firm in unfavorable matchups.
Pin Clock: "No one else is able to utilize their F-Tilts in the air, and I don't see why Roy should. If you want a psuedo-projectile on his F-Air, that'd just ruin his F-Air's combo utility."
---
Can we have Roy's idle animation from Smash 4? [Mariosonicman1]
Pin Clock: "As we have a lot of other animations on the table, I wouldn't expect this to be added."
---

---
Samus should be able to charge her Charge Shot in midair. Honestly, the fact this isn't a feature yet baffles me. [ALLCAPS]
Pin Clock: "We would do this if non-fully charged shots didn't have a use in Minus. In the air is an easy way to single-tap launch those."
---
Samus' F-Air's repeating hitboxes do not chain very well; foes usually fall out of it, leaving her open. Please make them connect better. [ALLCAPS]
Pin Clock: "You gotta follow your foe with it, it isn't a free combo."
---
Samus should be able to Super Wavedash. [ALLCAPS]
Pin Clock: "This seems like a lot more trouble than what it's worth, if we even knew how to go about it."
---
Please make the tipper hitbox of Samus' Z-Air visible. [ALLCAPS]
Pin Clock: "It's technically already visible -- it's the tiny sphere of light at the end."
---

---
Less KBG on Forward-Tilt. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "Sheik is really good at the moment and just doesn't really need this Buff."
---
Less KBG on Down-Tilt. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "Sheik is really good at the moment and just doesn't really need this Buff."
---

---
Can we get it so Sonic's Up-Taunt plays the "Now I'll show you" SFX from the Super Sonic transformation? [Dusk]
Pin Clock: "Sonic's annoying enough."
---

:squirtle:Squirtle:

---
Implement Squirtle's sunglasses taunt from Project M. Preferably, this would have a less-strict input window and not disappear when damage is taken. Maybe let Squirtle taunt again to take the sunglasses off. [baltarc]
Pin Clock: "This would be a pain to get permissions for (from multiple sources) and all-in-all not worth the trouble."
---

:toonlink:Toon Link:

---
Toon Link should get a redesign. In Smash and in Minus, Toon Link is just a better Link. IMO, Toon Link should be a rushdown character, as he has the speed to get in to create openings, along with generally fast attacks. I don't get why both Link and Toon Link both are centered around using their projectiles to keep people out. It's not even just in Minus, but in the official games it's that way too. One of them should be changed, and I think it should be Toon Link. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "It is very unlikely we will be fully redesigning characters at this stage in the game."
---
Toon Link being able to Crawl would be pretty cool. [Darxmarx]
Pin Clock: "TL's crouch, like Link's, lets him nullify oncoming projectiles. It serves a function, has a purpose. To give him and Link Crawls would require an animation that either requires a long Crawl start or a different Crouch, which would Nerf these two, especially since their CrouchDashes are unlikely to go far."
---

:waluigi:Waluigi:

---
I think Waluigi should have an extra-powerful Footstool like the Mario Bros. have. Just look at his long legs and very high jumps! [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "This would seem weird on him compared to the Bros., so we'll have to say no here."
---

---
I'd like to see Wolf's Sweetspotted Side-Special change. I never really got why it was a spike/meteor. Doesn't make much sense to me. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "The meteor has plenty of function even on stage and is wonderful as a kill move offstage, and has no reason to change."
---
Make Wolf's Blaster fire three lasers again. If they were too strong before, making them do 2% or 3% each (with no paralyze effect) would be fair. [Thor]
Bent 00: "...Did I put this Request under REJECTED by mistake? There's no quote from Pin here denying it..."
---
Give Knockback to Wolf's aerial Shine. Currently, it only forces foes into Flinch state, which is impossible to combo off of. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "This would mess around with how Wolf mains handle the character too much, so no."
---
Revert Air-Dodge to Melee version and/or make Shine Wolf Flash cancelable. Either change would allow Wolf to WaveShine, essential for his ground neutral, pressure, and combo game. [Kymaera K1ng] (POLL)
Pin Clock: "We want Fox to be the only one with a true Melee Air Dodge, and changing Shine would mess around with how Wolf mains handle the character too much."
---
Have Wolf's aerial Shine paralyze the opponent for X frames (where X is the frame his slowest aerial hits), and then launch the opponent as his grounded Shine would, while keeping the current cancelability. This allows Wolf to keep all of his current combos while gaining more Project M-like combos. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "This would mess around with how Wolf mains handle the character too much, so no."
---
Allow Wolf to Cancel Air Dodge into any Special, to reduce accidental Self-Destructs. [ESC Artiste]
Pin Clock: "Accidents happen. Gotta prepare for them, can't balance around accidents unless they are extremely frequent."
---
Can you give Wolf a normal Melee Air Dodge? It's so unnatural right now. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "Giving anyone else a true Melee Air Dodge would take away from what makes Fox unique, and treads down a slippery slope we don't want to go down. No here."
---

:zelda:Zelda:

---
Add two floating HitBoxes to Zelda's Down-Smash. [alaserdolphin]
This should be part of the move anyway, given that it's her only non-Special move to miss the entire property that makes her unique. It really wouldn't change her as a character that much in terms of power, but it'd make her kit consistent and, depending on the placement, give her a bit more Roll-coverage.

The only issues I can foresee are making the two hitboxes too close to her, and potentially enabling a down smash (holding A) --> down smash (holding A again) --> repeat combo, but that'd require some next-level bad D.I. from the opponent multiple times, and there are much more devastating moves in the game (Peach Down-Smash, to name one) that are in no threat of becoming a worrying problem.

My thought on the placement would be one sideways Zelda of space from the closer tip of her skirt to the center of the sparkle. That makes the move at least a viable choice over Forward-Tilt and simultaneously prevents any low-damage locks through landing both hits at the same time.
Pin Clock: "This move is supposed to be a powerful "Get off me" tool. Not really a zoning tool like the rest of her kit, but a move that allows her to get the pressure off her, so she can zone with the rest of her moves. This does not need ranged hitboxes."
---

:zss:Zero Suit Samus:

---
Could the Dev Team make a secret taunt for Zero Suit Samus that results in her getting and immediately using a Final Smash? [Thor]
Pin Clock: "ZSS and Samus cannot transform into each other in Minus for memory reasons."
---
Give Up-Air more horizontal reach. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "Zero Suit Samus does not need any Buffs -- especially not on her Up-Air, of all things."
---

Stage

NONE

Misc.

NONE

IGNORED

General

---
Give Melee Air Dodges to everyone because Brawl/Sm4sh airdodges are shit-tier uncompetitive invincibility-mode buttons that suck the thought out of airplay with a straw. [SilverStarApple]
---
Everybody needs cancels out of everything into everything, that way everybody has options forever. [Gold_TSG]
---

Fighter

---
If it's possible, please make Falcon's Knee Smash deal 4% more damage if used while jumping away from the opponent. [SilverStarApple]
---
Give Captain Falcon a Hamburgler skin that Mimsy has to use. [Malkasaur]
---

---
Kirby should have six downward Tilts. [Gold_TSG]
---

---
Implement Mario's "So long-a, Bowser" / "So long, gay Bowser" line from Super Mario 64 (as shown in this video) when Mario uses his Back-Throw, possibly requiring a Taunt input. [baltarc]
---

---
Future Sight is cool, but needs a damage and hitstun boost, and the angle should make it easier to hit knocked foes with a KO Move. [SilverStarApple]
---

---
When Game+Watch uses Judgement and it gets a 1, he should be damaged by 50%. [SilverStarApple]
---

---
Buff Samus's Up-Air by giving it 1% more damage, please. [SilverStarApple]
Pin Clock: "Could you go into the reasonings as to why? This seems a little unnecessary."
Bent 00: "Moved to IGNORED because SilverStarApple did not respond when asked to explain the reasoning behind this Request."
---
Charge Shot should deal an extra 5% when fully charged. [SilverStarApple]
Pin Clock: "Could you go into the reasonings as to why? This seems a little unnecessary."
Bent 00: "Moved to IGNORED because SilverStarApple did not respond when asked to explain the reasoning behind this Request."
---

---
Snake's Down-Throw could be like a weak bit of Sleep, instead of just putting foes into Prone status. Maybe make them Sleep last as long as vBrawl Jigg's Sing. [Survivian]
---
Snake needs some spice to be added to his game. Preferably salt. [Survivian]
---

---
Sonic should have a snowboard. [Green Hell Zone]
---

---
Make Wario's Down-Tilt animation last EVEN LONGER. [Malkasaur]
---

Stage

---
Make this a song for the Yoshi's Story stage. [lakumy]
---

Misc.

NONE

Regarding Costume Requests

Please check the list below before Requesting a new alternate costume for official Minus.

====================================================================
Finalized Costumes - Requests for these characters will be IGNORED.

----------------------------------
Already included in 4.0BC
----------------------------------

Alternate Models:

Ike
Link
Lucas
Luigi
Marth
Meta Knight
Mewtwo
Ness
Pichu
Pit
Roy
Sheik
Snake
Sonic
Waluigi
Wario
Zelda

Mostly Recolors:

Bowser
Charizard
Ivysaur
Kirby
Lucario
Mr. Game and Watch
Squirtle
Yoshi

-------------------------------------
Finalized for a future release
-------------------------------------

Alternate Models:

None confirmed yet...

Mostly Recolors:

None confirmed yet...

Nothing Finalized - Request away!

None confirmed yet...

Status Unknown

Captain Falcon

Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Falco
Fox
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Mario
Olimar
Peach
Pikachu
R.O.B.
Samus
Toon Link
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus

Thanks to Darxmarx for updated list info.

Any Requests for new costumes that are for characters whose new costumes have already been finalized will be listed as IGNORED. Costume Requests for fighters whose new costumes have not been finalized will be listed as PENDING until a Minus Developer comments on them -- then they may be marked as APPROVED, UNDER CONSIDERATION, or REJECTED. Costume Requests for characters listed under "Status Unknown" will stay under PENDING until a Minus Developer comments on them.

Community Costume Requests for the next version of Brawl Minus (after 4.0BC)

APPROVED
NONE

UNDER CONSIDERATION
NONE

PENDING
:falcon: Gold Captain Falcon (link) [Thor]
:fox: Melee Fox (link) [Malkasaur]
:mario: Dr. Mario (link) [WarioMasterDK]
:samus: Dark Samus recolor (#9 in this pic) [ALLCAPS]
:samus: Light Suit Samus recolor (#8 in this pic) [ALLCAPS]
:samus: Melee Black Samus (link) [ALLCAPS]
:samus: Most of these Samus recolors (link) [ALLCAPS]
:samus: PED Suit Samus (link) [ALLCAPS]
::zss: SJS Zero Suit Samus (link) [Malkasaur]

REJECTED
:lucario:Maid Lucario [Longbottom]

IGNORED
:metaknight: Red Retro Meta Knight [MLCrafter]

Last edited on 03-20-2017 at 06:01 AM EST.

Last edited:

Xaxidoro

That-one-guy-only-using-Touhou-models
I would like to petition against the current pending request of Snake's N-Air.
I sort-of like how it is right now, where it will faintly hit the opponent downwards on the third hit. What I'd like to see is the recovery on it reduced, and the first two hits to have the similar hitbox data as the third. I think it'd be really great for combo-ing as Snake.

Honestly, I dislike how Ganondorf's N-Air works. I honestly found it a lot more useful during.. like 1.5, 1.6 or 2.0. (I can't remember which one had the single-hitting N-Air) Essentially his old N-Air was a single hit with less knockback growth.

As for a request:
Bring back Ike's No-Sympathy counter! I don't even care if it can combo into Eruption or not; it was just really fun with the hitbox lasting so long. I thought it was very minusy. The counter he currently has in 4.0bc is boring and nearly vBrawl.

Oh yeah, and that comment about Ganondorf's N-Air.

EDIT:
I nearly forgot: fix arcade mode! Being how lonely I am, playing Brawl Minus alone all the time, I'd like to find some comfort in being able to complete arcade mode.

For other solo modes, if and when I have someone to play with it'd be nice if multiplayer solo modes didn't crash.

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I would like to petition against
Rather than have a bunch of anti-Requests, I will add a (POLL) link to the end of controversial Pending Requests.

See a Request that you like? Click the (POLL) link and vote "For".
See a Request you dislike? Click the (POLL) link and vote "Against".
See a Request you don't have a strong opinion on either way? Click the (POLL) link and vote "Neutral".

I'll add this info to the first post for better visibility.

I would like to petition against the current pending request of Snake's N-Air.
I sort-of like how it is right now, where it will faintly hit the opponent downwards on the third hit. What I'd like to see is the recovery on it reduced, and the first two hits to have the similar hitbox data as the third. I think it'd be really great for combo-ing as Snake.

Honestly, I dislike how Ganondorf's N-Air works. I honestly found it a lot more useful during.. like 1.5, 1.6 or 2.0. (I can't remember which one had the single-hitting N-Air) Essentially his old N-Air was a single hit with less knockback growth.
Gonna need you to be a bit more specific for that Ganondorf bit to be a Request.

Also, you're the only person I know of who doesn't like 'Dorf's N-Air as-is. o_O That move is great IMO.

As for your Snake N-Air suggestion, I'm leaving it out (as-is) because you can't really reduce its recovery time any further; Snake can act pretty quickly after that fourth kick as-is. If you're suggesting he be able to Cancel out of it before the fourth kick comes out, I don't think that's gonna fly, because Snake already has a Cancel on F-Air.

I don't know why you dislike the idea of the mid-air momentum stall I suggested -- that would help keep Snake from falling too far after using N-Air, and you could still choose to only hit with the second - fourth kicks (avoiding the midair momentum stall) by purposely whiffing the first kick. That's what happens with Ganondorf's N-Air; whiff the first kick, and you don't get the midair momentum stall or the full combo (IIRC).

Bring back Ike's No-Sympathy counter! I don't even care if it can combo into Eruption or not; it was just really fun with the hitbox lasting so long. I thought it was very minusy. The counter he currently has in 4.0bc is boring and nearly vBrawl.
No Sympathy Mode is not coming back AFAIK, and giving Ike the NSM Counter (which stunned foes in-place for a long time) permanently? That would be too much of a Buff, assuming it gave Ike enough time for a free follow-up attack. I forget if Ike had enough time to follow up with anything other than the Eruption Cancel, but even if not, a Counter that always stuns for that long is too much. Gonna go ahead and mark that one as Rejected, since the devs have confirmed No Sympathy Mode is gone for good.

Feel free to request some kind of lesser improvement for Ike's Counter if you think it's too weak.

Last edited:

Xaxidoro

No Sympathy Mode is not coming back AFAIK, and giving Ike the NSM Counter (which stunned foes in-place for a long time) permanently? That would be too much of a Buff, assuming it gave Ike enough time for a free follow-up attack. I forget if Ike had enough time to follow up with anything other than the Eruption Cancel, but even if not, a Counter that always stuns for that long is too much. Gonna go ahead and mark that one as Rejected, since the devs have confirmed No Sympathy Mode is gone for good.

It's not that it's weak or anything: I don't care if it does any more damage or less damage. I don't care if it has less or more knockback. I just really liked how it froze people in place and how Ike won't give sympathy; it was funny.

As for your Snake N-Air suggestion, I'm leaving it out (as-is) because you can't really reduce its recovery time any further; Snake can act pretty quickly after that fourth kick as-is. If you're suggesting he be able to Cancel out of it before the fourth kick comes out, I don't think that's gonna fly, because Snake already has a Cancel on F-Air.

What I meant was, when you short-hop then use neutral air, only the first three hits come out before landing: this is very important. Without the fourth hit and if the third hit connects, the opponent will be knocked downwards, letting you follow up with a jab or front-tilt once you land. My suggestion was to further go towards this idea by making the downward knockback on the first two hits similar to the third.

Timing yourself to allow the first hit to whiff will probably take too long, disallowing the attack from even connecting as a combo.

Also, you're the only person I know of who doesn't like 'Dorf's N-Air as-is. o_O That move is great IMO.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
It's not that it's weak or anything: I don't care if it does any more damage or less damage. I don't care if it has less or more knockback. I just really liked how it froze people in place and how Ike won't give sympathy; it was funny.
I can see why you liked it -- it was neat how "You'll get No Sympathy from me" was worked in. However, CountEruption is just too good for Ike now. If you make it so it can't cancel into anything, and Counter simply stuns the opponent for longer (giving Ike time to say his line), what good does that do? It just adds an unnecessary pause into the game without letting Ike take advantage of it. Saying "You'll get No Sympathy from me" when you have no choice NOT to give Sympathy doesn't make sense.

Counter is better off as a move that can stand on its own, without any unnecessary pause, rather than a move that only serves to link into another move.

What I meant was, when you short-hop then use neutral air, only the first three hits come out before landing: this is very important. Without the fourth hit and if the third hit connects, the opponent will be knocked downwards, letting you follow up with a jab or front-tilt once you land. My suggestion was to further go towards this idea by making the downward knockback on the first two hits similar to the third.

Timing yourself to allow the first hit to whiff will probably take too long, disallowing the attack from even connecting as a combo.
Wouldn't that make it easier for opponents to fall out of the combo? Especially if they D.I. down and away?

Your suggestion sounds like it might have some use onstage, but it doesn't do anything to help Snake offstage, whereas an on-hit momentum stall would help Snake both on-stage and off-stage. Why make the first and second kicks hit downward, like the third kick does? Just shorthop N-Air, let the first two kicks build up some damage, let the third kick lead into Jab or F-Tilt. What about that needs changing?

As for that single-hit N-Air for Ganondorf, it looks... boring to me. Too similar to U-Air. How would that be an improvement?

Last edited:

Xaxidoro

Saying "You'll get No Sympathy from me" when you have no choice NOT to give Sympathy doesn't make sense.

Counter is better off as a move that can stand on its own, without any unnecessary pause, rather than a move that only serves to link into another move.

I guess this just goes back to the point you've made in a different thread that you'd rather take Minus more seriously than jokingly. It's not supposed to make sense; it's just cool. Nonetheless I'd think it's at least worth writing down in the suggestion list.

Why make the first and second kicks hit downward, like the third kick does? Just shorthop N-Air, let the first two kicks build up some damage, let the third kick lead into Jab or F-Tilt. What about that needs changing?

The problem with that scenario right now is that because the first two kicks have some regular knockback (45 degrees or something I don't know) which allows players to escape from it in the first place. The idea behind the suggestion is turning the first three hits of Snake's N-Air into a much slower version of say.. Fox's D-Air.

Ganondorf's current N-Air is a combo-ender if nothing else; it's a bit unnecessary considering all of Ganondorf's other options: his F-Air, B-Air and D-Air already have that potential. Posing another example: why does Kirby have N-Air, B-Air and U-Air? All of them act in the same fashion: they combo together. Giving Ganondorf another aerial that doesn't automatically kick people out of your reach automatically would give him more combo potential.

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I guess this just goes back to the point you've made in a different thread that you'd rather take Minus more seriously than jokingly. It's not supposed to make sense; it's just cool. Nonetheless I'd think it's at least worth writing down in the suggestion list.

Ehh... I'll put it back under Pending, but I just don't see Ike's NSM Counter is coming back officially.

The problem with that scenario right now is that because the first two kicks have some regular knockback (45 degrees or something I don't know) which allows players to escape from it in the first place. The idea behind the suggestion is turning the first three hits of Snake's N-Air into a much slower version of say.. Fox's D-Air.
I'm still not seeing any problems with Snake's N-Air as-is, other than how Snake falls out of the combo offstage unless he does it immediately out of a Jump. How would the move benefit from being more like Fox's D-Air? That doesn't make sense to me.

I'm still unclear what you mean exactly with this Request. Can you re-word it into one sentence short enough for a poll? Like: "Make the first and second kicks of Snake's N-Air more like the third kick" or something similar.

Ganondorf's current N-Air is a combo-ender if nothing else; it's a bit unnecessary considering all of Ganondorf's other options: his F-Air, B-Air and D-Air already have that potential. Posing another example: why does Kirby have N-Air, B-Air and U-Air? All of them act in the same fashion: they combo together. Giving Ganondorf another aerial that doesn't automatically kick people out of your reach automatically would give him more combo potential.
'Dorf's N-Air may be a combo-ender, but it's also a three-hit 29% combo by itself, so that makes up for it.

I see your point -- and I wouldn't mind some more combo-oriented moves on 'Dorf -- but I don't think the replacement you suggested is the solution. If you'll re-word your Request to be more specific, I'll put it under Pending. That said, I've been with Minus a long time, and I don't recall 'Dorf ever having a single-hit N-Air...

I added the following to the first post because I don't want to decipher a bunch a vague Requests.
PLEASE BE VERY SPECIFIC WITH YOUR REQUESTS, AND EXPLAIN THE REASONING BEHIND THEM.

INCLUDE A SHORT AND SIMPLE FORM OF YOUR REQUESTS THAT CAN BE USED AS POLL QUESTIONS IF NECESSARY.

SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION THAT HELPS DEMONSTRATE YOUR REQUESTS (SUCH AS LINKED PICTURES, VIDEOS, EXPLANATORY THREADS, ETC.) WILL HELP MAKE YOUR REQUESTS MORE CLEAR. INCLUDE SUCH INFO IF POSSIBLE!

Recommended Request Format
---
Short Version of your Request that could be used as a Poll Title in question form.
For example: Move A should do X instead of Y / Should Move A do X instead of Y?
---
Explanation of the logic behind your Request.
For example: Why you want Move A to do X instead of Y. Why should Move A be changed?
Is there a problem with it as-is? How would your solution help? Be very specific.
---
Reference material like Pictures, Videos, Explanatory Threads, Etc.
---

Last edited:

Xaxidoro

Ehh... I'll put it back under Pending, but I just don't see Ike's NSM Counter is coming back officially.

Probably not, but that's the point of this thread, right?

When the backroom was explaining how No-Sympathy Mode will not return, I believe they were more talking about how charging his eruption gave him additional or stronger tools to fight. My suggestion merely just returns the hitstun and voicing; there's not really much, if any, advantage to that in a 1 vs 1 match. I wouldn't even mind if it just completely replaced his counter.

The suggestion is this:
Return the following features of Ike's NSM counter: the "You'll get no sympathy from me" and the long hitstun. This does not necessarily violate the backroom's unwillingness to return NSM. Plus, if anything it will help confirm Ike's counter; his current one actually whiffs a lot more than it should.

How would the move benefit from being more like Fox's D-Air? That doesn't make sense to me.

One of Fox's kill confirms is being able to repeatedly use D-Air to confirm into one of his Smash attacks. Snake's N-Air actually has a very surprisingly high hitbox, but because of that, more often than not the third hit will whiff because the first and second hit do not follow up with this concept. The suggestion mostly with onstage in mind; offstage I think it'd help to connect the third and fourth hit.

The suggestion is this:
Give the first and second hits of Snake's 4.0bc N-Air similar hitbox properities to the third hit of the same move; this will help him re-ground his enemy so they can be grabbed (at low percentages), jabbed, or tilted to continue his combo from the air.

That said, I've been with Minus a long time, and I don't recall 'Dorf ever having a single-hit N-Air...

39c0bf43c9f8eeaa0db4ca9032823785.png

Needless to say it was a very long time ago. Wow I've been playing Brawl Minus longer than I thought.

But what could be the solution? The only other solution I can think of is to decrease the base knockback of his U-Air; that's actually pretty viable I think. Still, I think Ganondorf's N-Air is a bit unnecessary; he does a lot of damage as it is.

The suggestion is this:
Return Ganondorf's N-Air back to something similar to 1.5b; Ganondorf's aerials are too focused on killing power, with no intention of comboing in mind. He needs more variety.

Another suggestion:
Change Jigglypuff's Final Smash; it sucks.

Last edited:

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
My request is incredibly minor, and it may not matter to many people at all, but I figured I'd share it anyway.

Give Charizard the ability to change the direction of his projectiles in his Final Smash.

I don't know how difficult this is to actually code in, and it's a Final Smash change, which not everyone cares about, but it'd still be a nice change. Currently, it's possible for the enemy to just avoid everything.

for Mario to have "Do the Mario" as a taunt.

all the PM alts that aren't in BM except Dr. Mario (unless they replace the existing BM alts, in that case, no)

Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I must say, Bent, I really like the format you set up! It's really neat and organized. However, there's just one minor thing here...

---
Give Charizard the ability to change the direction of his projectiles in his Final Smash. [Darxmarx]
---
Based on your format, this request should go under the Charizard section, not the Kirby section, right? Forgive me if this was intentional.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Roy's side special shouldn't deminish and should be fully interruptible like marths nutral special.
Are you talking about Roy's grounded Side B or his Aerial Side B? Please elaborate -- I very rarely play Roy, so I don't know much about this issue.

Thor

- I want Norfair 3.3 stage back [it was basically Norfair from Brawl with the three lower platforms widen, the top two removed, and no hazard]. I don't care if it's retextured so it doesn't look like Norfair, I just really really like the layout.

- I want Golden Captain Falcon [one was made to look like Smash 4 Golden Falcon] as a skin in the next edition. That skin looked awesome and it would be a nice touch to have a golden falcon in the golden version [or just the next version if that one's not final].

- I get the feeling mode-switching firebird is too tricky [even though Pichu has mode-switch moves everywhere], but I'll suggest it anyway - Falco could hold the button for current firebird [or even MAX style firebird, with the long startup and the phrase], and short press for a Melee-style firebird [it could hit harder and potentially be some kind of combo finisher or something?].

- Since people have still complained about slow lasers, I'll resuggest an idea I had elsewhere - aerial lasers are fast lasers, grounded lasers are slow laser. His slow bthrow is actually good [get a lot of damage or a lot of stage position], uthrow is bad regardless, and fthrow/dthrow are unaffected. This suggestion is based on when Falco had stronger grounded lasers than aerial lasers. It would allow for slow laser use, but you'd have to stand for them... meaning in general he'd have fast lasers, but you could use slow lasers to set stuff up [it might also make laser locks harder, which I would guess the dev team isn't opposed to].

May list more stuff later.

MLCrafter

I would want a red retro Meta Knight because I really like MK's retro costumes in 4.0bc, and I would love a red one because I'm not a huge fan of the color schemes themselves.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Diddy's Smash Wii U up air and the Hoo-Hah
How is Diddy's Minus Up Air different from his Smash 4 Up Air? I don't play Diddy, and it'll be a while before I could compare them myself.

Personally, I hated the Hoo-Hah in Smash 4... No offense.

AlbertThePidgey

Pidgey Lord that Loves Birdies
Can Mewtwo's Down B be turned into Disable instead of Future Sight? Future Sight really isn't that useful, because in most cases, the opponent can just run away from where it was used, rendering it useless.

Malkasaur

BAir Master
Playtester
There are a few things I'd like to be changed about Minus ATM.
1: Light presses on triggers, like in PM. I really dislike that you have to full press the trigger buttons in order for them to register. In PM, this was fixed, so that you can light press.
2: At the moment, there are too many small stages in the legal stage list. While the blastzones were fixed, that does not change the fact that many of the stages have little room to move around.
3. I really, really think Toon Link should get a redesign. In Smash and in Minus, Toon Link is just a better Link. What Link can do Toon Link can do much, much better. IMO, Toon Link should be a rushdown character, as he has the speed to get in to create openings, along with generally fast attacks. I don't get why both Link and Toon Link both are centered around using their projectiles to keep people out. It's not even just in Minus, but in the official games it's that way too. One of them should be changed, and I think it should be Toon Link.
4. Fox should have a Melee Costume.
5. I think both Fox and Falcon's Speed need to be adjusted. Their speed makes them too difficult to control, and even when you can control them, their movement is very commital.
6. Fox's Slow Illusion Hitbox extends way too far above him.
7. Mewtwo's Future Sight is a cool idea. However, I think that it should send at a better angle. It sending at 90 degrees makes it rather useless.
8. I don't like Pichu's moveset right now, but that's because of one thing: The "hold button to do a variation of a move" thing is really bad right now. It feels like if you hold the button for more than a frame it does it. I think you should hold the button for 3 frames in order to do the variation of a move.
9. One thing I really want is for SJS's ZSS Rebuild to be put in officially. I've grown to dislike how Brawl ZSS looks, and after seeing SJS's ZSS Rebuild, I fell in love. I plan to use it in my own personal build, but I'd like if it were put in officially.
10. I really hope more characters get new costumes, not just recolors. I feel new costumes give a new feel to the character.
There's probably more that I can't remember, and I plan on coming back to update this.

Last edited:

Joeybeta

The birdcario community member
Playtester
- Since people have still complained about slow lasers, I'll resuggest an idea I had elsewhere - aerial lasers are fast lasers, grounded lasers are slow laser.
I don't understand what was wrong with Falco's lasers originally. He already plays like bread and butter when well executed. Changing it this way would change a bit how he plays in the neutral. If anything, one thing I would suggest if it's even possible is for there to be a way to choose between starting between fast and slow lasers right at the start of the game without having to taunt in game just to switch laser speeds.