Brawl Minus 4.0b Bug Report Thread

Thor

Jump cancelled grabs are definitely still a thing. You can't DACUS in Melee, but you can in Brawl, PM, and Minus. If you simply do an up smash while running, that's called a sliding up-smash. For some characters, like Charizard in Brawl (who has a great run speed) that's better than their DACUS. I've always done it with the z-up method you describe, and as far as I know it still works in Minus. Some timings might be wildly different if a character has a new dash attack.

On that note, has anyone successfully done a DACUS with Ganondorf's new extended dash? I'm not sure it's actually possible, but I have a feeling it would go crazy far, or at least a different distance from his regular dash attack.

No, jump-cancelled grabs do not exist in Brawl Minus. I am 100% positive of this [or else LB, BC, and others would hate my Falco a LOT more]. I asked about them earlier, and they aren't in because of JCable moves abusing it and the fact that you can crouch-cancel grab [duck during a running animation and hit z], although this doesn't help one do a standing grab out of an initial dash at all.

I can't do Minus DACUS consistently because c-stick down during a run leads to a dsmash, not a dash attack. Wish this would be reverted but I doubt it will.

Ganondorf can't DACUS in vBrawl, so unless you have video recordings of you doing it in Minus, he never had one in Minus and having a new dash attack wouldn't change that I don't think.

You should be able to jump from ledge to stage with Bowser; there are several characters who have a very difficult time jumping onto the stage from the ledge, but only Ganondorf is incapable of doing so (and that one of unintentional).

False. Ganondorf can jump onstage from the ledge by dropping, doing an immediate double jump uair, and holding in immediately after. It is a little tricky if you haven't practiced it, but this gets him onstage from the ledge with no landing lag. It's a Brawl AT that still works in Minus [unlike the flight of Ganon, which doesn't work anywhere near as well as it did in Brawl for some physics reasons I assume]. I do not remember the name of the technique, but Vermanubis uses it here:

Mariosonicman1

well speaking of bowser... mabey this is something i never noticed before in 3.Q but... bowsers B move when used in the air on a ground opponent doesnt actually grab them at all... im not sure if thats a bug or if it was always like that... just thought id post that.

Valravn

Ganondorf can't DACUS in vBrawl, so unless you have video recordings of you doing it in Minus, he never had one in Minus and having a new dash attack wouldn't change that I don't think.
Everyone can DACUS in vBrawl. Whether it's useful is the question, and Ganon's was terrible. (Slower than standing up smash with about equivalent movement.)

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
well speaking of bowser... mabey this is something i never noticed before in 3.Q but... bowsers B move when used in the air on a ground opponent doesnt actually grab them at all... im not sure if thats a bug or if it was always like that... just thought id post that.
That's intentional. Royal Rampage (neutral b on the ground) can't grab aerial foes either.

Thor

Everyone can DACUS in vBrawl. Whether it's useful is the question, and Ganon's was terrible. (Slower than standing up smash with about equivalent movement.)

Interesting. I thought PM added that, but instead they just tweaked it. Good to know.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
That's intentional. Royal Rampage (neutral b on the ground) can't grab aerial foes either.
This is what makes the Peach Bowser matchup hell for bowser. I have actually gotten 80% punishes on bowser for using royal rampage because I just floated off the ground and got double hit bairs while he's invincible. Also it is indeed impossible to jump cancel grab in this game. If you try, you just end up jump cancel up-smashing.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Unsure if bug or not, but Marth Kirby's attack at all charges does not have the lasting hitbox that Marth has.
I also found that if Kirby does his upB, cancels into helplessness, does his upB again, cancels again, etc., he has infinite recovery. It can be difficult to time correctly and is somewhat slow, but I thought I'd point that out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
You should be able to jump from ledge to stage with Bowser; there are several characters who have a very difficult time jumping onto the stage from the ledge, but only Ganondorf is incapable of doing so (and that one of unintentional). If you're talking about jumping while holding the edge (as opposed to ledge release to air jump) that one is also probably intentional - Bowser was designed to only be able to use a get up attack from the ledge IIRC.

It's possible to do with Ganondorf, but not with Bowser. I easily jump from the ledge as Ganon in 4.0b right now. lol

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
By the way, there's a weird thing about Ike's Eruption in that the Super Armor appears to have holes.

Many times upon releasing an Instant Eruption as Ike, I'll be hit from below right as Ike finishes bringing the sword down (well after when the Super Armor should be out I believe, as the eruption itself begins but seems to be cut short) and lose the Eruption charge.

This only ever happens when Ike is hit from below, though, and the Eruption is only lost if hit with frame-perfect timing. I've been hit earlier in the move (but still by the time the armor should be out) but would keep the Eruption storage because the sword hasn't reached a stop yet.

Valravn

Not sure if it's a bug or an easter egg, but using Zelda's forward tilt while standing in the shallow water on Delfino Plaza produces streams of bubbles instead of sparkles.

Valravn

I've been having an issue while recording replays, and I was wondering if anyone else did. After three minutes, if the replay includes a teleport (specifically those of Meta Knight and Zelda that I've seen so far) the character will appear in the wrong place, and the whole replay gets fucked afterwards since the characters do the right inputs in the wrong places.

I think it has to do with vBrawl having a three minute replay limit.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
That sounds unusual, since they removed the 3 minute limit in previous versions. Because of this, combined with the way replays work based on button presses put on top of AI, there really shouldn't be any issues. Sounds like someone dun fucked up the codes somewhere.

Valravn

Noting that it has also happened in situations where I opt to teleport to the outer Zelda hitboxes. Sometimes she doesn't actually do the teleport. I'll check in the morning whether the same stuff is happening when I view it on the Wii instead of Dolphin, to make sure it's not some strange corruption on my end.

Mohl

Uh.

Pichu's suffering from Rayman legs. At least the normal skin. Green pichu, or whatever it's supposed to be, has visible legs.
In fact, Pichu's feet in general need some clipping fixes.

Also, sleepy hat jigglypuff has the icon for nurse hat in matches.

Mohl

Here's a pic of the legs. It appears all the alt colors have them, but they're definitely not natural legs.

I also noticed that Pichu can chaingrab downthrow into itself all the way up to like 81% on Wario, and a bit on Yoshi as well, as it doesn't put them on the ground, or go anywhere.

Also, the C-stick doesn't work for things such as the Ike Copter and Pichu's charged attacks, among other things.

Attachments

• 00000000-2.png
    00000000-2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 483
Last edited by a moderator:

Ntut

Lemmy's Husbando
After I updated to 4.0b, The Melee Pokemon Stadium now comes without the edges... Help

Attachments

• al_150915_0918.bin.out.jpg
    al_150915_0918.bin.out.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 489

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
I also noticed that Pichu can chaingrab downthrow into itself all the way up to like 81% on Wario, and a bit on Yoshi as well, as it doesn't put them on the ground, or go anywhere.
Was that a typo and supposed to be 21%? We were aware that Pichu's dthrow was allowing ~3 regrabs depending on the opponent if done at 0% which is fine, but if it's somehow doing 80% damage (which is 0-death territory with up-throw thunderbolt as a finisher) then we'll have to fix that.