The only thing Wrong with captian falcon is...

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
"Game" instead of "rekt" appears when he wins.
plz fix.
Actually, it's his kinda bad grab speed/range. His grab is beat by almost every other non-tether grab at point blank.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
His grab sets up into a lot of things, including a DI Dependent chain grab, meteor, and of course the Knee of Justice. You wanna see bad grab range, look at Pikachu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

"Game" instead of "rekt" appears when he wins.
plz fix.
Actually, it's his kinda bad grab speed/range. His grab is beat by almost every other non-tether grab at point blank.

Crouch-cancelled grab has INSANE range, and also is a CRAZY good mixup with jab and dash attack to pivot grab (if they shield the DA). He doesn't need better grab range or speed. You should play Sunderstorm or maybe Bent 00 if he abuses dash-dancing too (I never really played his Captain Falcon except once and a DC cut us off) - Captain Falcon's dash-dancing makes him sooooo good.

Pikachu could use a mild buff to grab range.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Cant CC initial dash :(

Im not talking about his throws I mean his actual grab

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

Cant CC initial dash :(

Im not talking about his throws I mean his actual grab

You can shield out of initial dash and still get his standing grab (and block an attack if you DD into it).

Or just start DDing from farther away, then rush in and use either DA, CC'd jab, CC'd something else (usually not a good idea), or CC'd grab - gives grab crazy range, makes DA hard to punish if well-spaced, and his jab is amazing.

Thor

Doesn't pika have a chain throw?

There are no chainthrows in Minus on characters in their normal state if they DI properly. Technically Falco's dthrow CAN chaingrab at low percents but your opponent must DI into it - if they DI properly (or I think don't DI) you can't CG them.

Pikachu has two throws for CGs in vBrawl though.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
There are no chainthrows in Minus on characters in their normal state if they DI properly. Technically Falco's dthrow CAN chaingrab at low percents but your opponent must DI into it - if they DI properly (or I think don't DI) you can't CG them.
In that case, I don't think it can rightly be called a CG, just a... good throw? CG implies that it cannot be escaped unless you're a certain character or reach a certain percent.

Thor

In that case, I don't think it can rightly be called a CG, just a... good throw? CG implies that it cannot be escaped unless you're a certain character or reach a certain percent.

It's not a good throw, it's just really terrible DI on their end.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
During a dash start a crouch by pressing down and then immediately start a grab. Depending on the character you'll slide a decent distance while performing a standing grab (Captain Falcon, having an extremely fast dash, slides quite far).

Thor

During a dash start a crouch by pressing down and then immediately start a grab. Depending on the character you'll slide a decent distance while performing a standing grab (Captain Falcon, having an extremely fast dash, slides quite far).

So as to avoid any confusion, you can't crouch/duck during the intial dash [the part used for dash-dancing, called by some a dash], but you CAN crouch/duck during the run [which is after where you can dash dance, you get a slide and some lag if you try to turn around (the lag is cancellable by jumping)].

Although it would make Falcon's defensive game/ability to control space and threaten without commiting doubtless worse, giving Falcon a shorter dash would improve his approach game because he could run into crouch-cancelled grabs more.

As an aside, I propose changing the name to duck-cancelling, because crouch-cancelling is a very different mechanic that exists in Melee and PM [and also sort of in Brawl Minus, Brawl 64, and Smash 4 if I'm not mistaken, but its use is nearly nonexistent because of how trivial its uses are.]