Weird Falcon Punches

Mohl

While playing falcon, I found out there's actually 4 seperate falcon punches.

The normal one.

The fast one.

And then two more. Both start off as fast punches.

The first happens when you land JUST after starting the move. You'll slow down to regular punch speed, at the point of the animation you were in previously, with all 4 hits. It's kinda a timing thing, landing the punch so that you skip enough of the startup on the ground to get it to still be faster.

I'm not quite sure how to get the second one to happen, but it seems to be super precise timing of the other one.
You'll punch just as slow as normal, maybe even slower, but it'll only hit once, and you won't lose your charged punch upon landing it. I've only managed to pull it off twice, though.

I'm not sure if these new punches are glitches from how the charged one works or what.

Edit: Seems like the fourth punch is a frame perfect version of the third.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
It's an issue with how Brawl is coded and it's borderline unfixable. I might give it a shot but expect it to still be broken in 4.0 full.

Mohl

It's an issue with how Brawl is coded and it's borderline unfixable. I might give it a shot but expect it to still be broken in 4.0 full.
If it's a bug, I kinda like it.

It adds a bonus to being kinda showy with your punches, and allows you to keep going if you're good enough with them.

Thor

I actually have gone for and landed fast slow punches as tech reads. None of the replays were saved sadly, but they look amazing. It's annoying if you need the speed and it gets slowed down by the floor though...

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I posted about the Slow-Mo "Instant" Falcon Punch a long time ago:
I also found out that a slow-mo air-to-ground instant PAWNCH is awesome when you land one. :D It's basically a regular Falcon Punch in that it has the mini hitboxes as well as the final one, but Falcon doesn't warn the foe with "FALCON..." and it feels great when you KO with it.
It's a pretty cool bug that should be left in. Not all bugs are bad. :)

While we're picking at Punches, has anyone else noticed how a Reverse Falcon Punch slides Falcon further along the ground than a non-Reversed one does? I think I'd prefer having the Reverse Punch match the Standard Punch's traction, but it's a very minor issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
I would appreciate this if it could be controlled. But it's cost me many Instant Pawnch opportunites as Captain Falcon personally, considering I'd wind up at regular Falcon Punch speed and be hit before releasing the move.