WALUIGI WAVEALED!

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
So your telling me game developers make games because they like to make games? Shocking that the developers are gonna make something they like first and foremost. I can see how some developers would be making games explicitly for the money and what will sell well, but were sure not. We make minus because its what we love. We do our best to make sure that we please as many people as we can in the process, but it's not gonna break my heart that you don't like something.

Anyways, maybe condescending wasn't the right word. I can't quite place the feeling, but reading your post doesn't come off as pleasant either

Mariosonicman1

i for one welcome princess luigi, here to overtake princess peach as prettiest brawl minus character.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
So your telling me game developers make games because they like to make games? Shocking that the developers are gonna make something they like first and foremost. I can see how some developers would be making games explicitly for the money and what will sell well, but were sure not. We make minus because its what we love. We do our best to make sure that we please as many people as we can in the process, but it's not gonna break my heart that you don't like something.

Anyways, maybe condescending wasn't the right word. I can't quite place the feeling, but reading your post doesn't come off as pleasant either
Passive-aggressive?

Honestly, I don't see an issue with the model. I like seeing an extra nod to one of my fav series, and I personally think it's funny. There's really no reason to be so adamant about shooting down something you don't like that won't affect gameplay whatsoever, especially if you can replace it yourself like anyone could with the default costumes they don't care for. Nobody is obligated to agree with some of the choices the team makes, but the team isn't going to cater to a single person's wishes/opinions.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
[...] we understand your criticism, but we aren't going to change everything in the game to cater to your liking.
Nobody is obligated to agree with some of the choices the team makes, but the team isn't going to cater to a single person's wishes/opinions.
Funny, I don't recall explicitly asking any devs to cater to me lately. I know better than to bother with that... I posted why I think Drag Luigi costumes are a terrible idea, why I personally don't want them in Minus, and I started a thread dedicated to making it easy for people who don't like the four outfits to replace them.

But I never asked anyone to cater to me on this issue. I'm only trying to cater to myself and others who agree with me.

Gold_TSG

Nobody has voiced a dislike of the costume yet, and even if they do, why should it be removed from the official build when it won't stop them from playing that character, modifying it themselves, or change how the character plays (which is generally a much larger concern to people)? What if people didn't like Dan Hibiki in Street Fighter and they voiced their opinions, just because he's a joke character? Would Capcom just up and remove the character that took time and effort to create? Or would they leave it in there for the people who actually had an interest in playing him? If it doesn't change the game, why bother?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Nobody has voiced a dislike of the costume yet [...]
Because we're such a small community. Just wait until 4.0f releases.

Currently, there are at least two (1, 2) other people besides me who don't want Drag Luigi in Minus. Not that it matters to the devs.

[...] and even if they do, why should it be removed from the official build when it won't stop them from playing that character, modifying it themselves, or change how the character plays (which is generally a much larger concern to people)? What if people didn't like Dan Hibiki in Street Fighter and they voiced their opinions, just because he's a joke character? Would Capcom just up and remove the character that took time and effort to create? Or would they leave it in there for the people who actually had an interest in playing him? If it doesn't change the game, why bother?
Gold. The topic I started for this is in the Custom Mods section. I'm not asking the devs to remove Drag Luigi, I'm removing the costumes myself in my personal build, and making it easy for others to do the same thing. If anyone wants to help, great. If not, fine.

Gold_TSG

Then build your own mod of Minus on the side instead of arguing with the dev team, and advertise it in its own topic. I'm sick of having to come here just to keep things civil.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Then build your own mod of Minus on the side instead of arguing with the dev team, and advertise it in its own topic. I'm sick of having to come here just to keep things civil.
That's exactly what I did. >_>

We can stop talking about this in Waluigi's thread now.

Mariosonicman1

so opinion on waluigis biker outfit? do you think it fits what it would of looked like in a warioware setting?
what im curious of is if this means he gets 6 other costumes like wario does.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
so opinion on waluigis biker outfit? do you think it fits what it would of looked like in a warioware setting?
what im curious of is if this means he gets 6 other costumes like wario does.
It looks nice. It reminds me of an idea I had with a hypothetical Warioware-Waluigiware game set, where they would have version exclusive minigames, and like D.I.Y., you could make your own minigames and put them up on a server, Mario Maker style.