The Official Match-Making Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I'm up if anyone wants to help me get the rust off.

Valravn

So, I haven't actually used the Wii's Wifi functionality before. How should I go about setting it up to play with you folks? I hear it can be done from the normal Brawl Wifi button, but I heard that was taken offline.

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
So, I haven't actually used the Wii's Wifi functionality before. How should I go about setting it up to play with you folks? I hear it can be done from the normal Brawl Wifi button, but I heard that was taken offline.
Custom Server. Reroutes seamlessly

Gold_TSG

I'll be available once I'm settled in for the night, which should be in roughly... 30-45 mins. Just let me know before then so I'm not sitting alone all night starting at the wifi screen and silently crying to myself.

Thor

Lag was high on one end or the other in pretty much every single match, but Gold_TSG and I duked it out tonight. @SAHunterMech

I'll admit Samus is in a better spot than I thought she was. I still don't like her, and I don't think the fallspeed is an improvement, but with her improved aerials and zair it's like moving sideways [I will still state that 3.5 was strictly worse than 3.3, but this one has fixed much of what made 3.5 Samus so bad]. I say this because when I fought Gold_TSG, many of the combos were primarily grounded, some of which were ones I recognized from doing myself in 3.3, so I don't know how much her aerial combo game changed (uair's angle change gave her new vertical combos, but she lost some old horizontal ones that often led back to the ground and for more damage - while uair could lead off the top, I don't know if that's actually better than just a bunch more damage for a safe, easy dtilt KO later on). Her fallspeed does allow her to go for off-the-top screw attack KOs, but I avoid a few and SDI'd out of one, so I'm not sure how useful that is.

Also, I think dtilt was a bit underused by Gold_TSG, based on how broken it is, but I won't tell him how to play her (there were a few times where you dsmashed my shield and I think you could've applied more pressure/hit me with dtilt or rapid dtilting, since dtilt is amazing). May have also just been lag.

Ness didn't impress me, but there was a ton of lag, and Gold_TSG said he couldn't show me what Ness could do.

GnW's combos seem really dependent on not DIing certain ways, and his recovery still feels weak (probably the only character in the game where I can hit him sideways on FD, he's got his jump, and doesn't make it back). If sausage did not clank this issue would be alleviated. My own ZSS did impress me though - I had no idea her fsmash was that ridiculously powerful. And for the record, I did pull off dsmash -> dsmash -> second hit of fair, so if that's not supposed to happen at any percent, someone maybe fix that... So thanks Kien for those KB nerfs, you were right, her smashes were stupid strong.

Squirtle still wasn't very impressive. A lot of stuff I fell for was MU inexperience (can't use reflector while he's in withdraw). Gold_TSG's Squirtle was fine, but a lot of stuff was like "Oh Squirtle can do that!?" and then punishing when I saw it coming the second time.

DK would care about lasers more if lag wasn't messing up my lasering in a variety of ways. I did take on like 20% at once with them, but then lag let me get zero-death combo'd because my positioning was off. Thanks lag.

Still need to play a strong Peach - never did face Longbottom.

Thanks to Aero and Gamez for the matches as well. It's good to be back.

Gold_TSG

Squirts wasn't as good as I could go for the same reason as everything else, but I will admit that I'm still learning him.

As for Samus dtilt, I do use it a lot when I see the opportunity, but lag has a bad habit of turning my tilts into smashes. I've had countless matches with others where I would mean to do utilts or dtilts, only for the lag to think I smacked the stick down when I only lightly pushed it.

Thor

Yeah Thor, you aren't gonna see a good ness in lag.

Thing is, there were zero gimps, because I didn't feel like just forcing him to PKT offstage repeatedly was very fair (he used it once, the rest were just real KOs, off sides and top). And he was facing my Pikachu, not my Falco, which is part of why I say it wasn't as impressive (as much as I like my vBrawl Pikachu, and as much as that lets me play a not-bad Minus Pikachu, my Minus Falco is just a stronger character).

Also, I know that issues sometimes Gold_TSG, makes a lot more sense now why there were a lot of dsmashs (even for my Samus in various games) and fewer dtilts than I'd expect.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Oh hey, I didn't even know I was made the OP. Happy Birthday to me I guess?
Please update my info to the following
Updated!
I should probably update the rest of the OP next chance I get actually.

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
Change the Xat to the IRC. Xat is dead af.
And you can input my things too:

Name: Doqtor Kirby / Dr.Kツ | Minma
Friend Codes: 5072.0955.0437 Wiimmfi | <pending permanent fc> Minimawifi
Availability: All the time except weekdays 12-4. Subject to change once school starts. Pacific Standard Time.
Location: Somewhere between PlPrGn.dat and PlPrBu.dat. (OR, US)
Mains: Purin, Marth, Ganon (Falcon secondary)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.