Suggestion for Ike's NSM counter

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Why not a neat alternate version of quick draw instead of this wonky combo thing or eruption? Make it slash through them like how samurai do it in those epic duels you often see in stuff like anime. Doesn't even need to be broken strong, but an awesome extension to his counter in NSM.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I'm thinking of something like this move here but with fire instead of Ice, is that what you're proposing?

Ike isn't really a Samurai-like character, he's more of a brute swordsman of medieval times. I mean both FE reps are, but Ike is more brute swordsman than Marth.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Why not a neat alternate version of quick draw instead of this wonky combo thing or eruption? Make it slash through them like how samurai do it in those epic duels you often see in stuff like anime. Doesn't even need to be broken strong, but an awesome extension to his counter in NSM.
I like the sound of that to be honest.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I agree with Pin, that style of move doesn't really fit Ike's "brute force" style of swordsmanship.

Bio_liquid0

An aesthetic change for his N.S.M counter could be a really brutal 3-hit sword swipe into Overhead slam with his sword. I got this idea after watching his victory pose where he swings his sword around before propping it up on his shoulder. Using those slashes (with minor edits I guess?) we could have it lead into the Sidesmash with Eruptions explosion?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

I'm thinking of something like this move here but with fire instead of Ice, is that what you're proposing?

Ike isn't really a Samurai-like character, he's more of a brute swordsman of medieval times. I mean both FE reps are, but Ike is more brute swordsman than Marth.

That's pretty much exactly what I was proposing. As I said in Skype, I only mentioned samurai to get the idea across. It's essentially quick draw going through a stunned opponent, then they like burst into flames or explode or something.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
An aesthetic change for his N.S.M counter could be a really brutal 3-hit sword swipe into Overhead slam with his sword. I got this idea after watching his victory pose where he swings his sword around before propping it up on his shoulder. (different from Side-Smash animation but still an overhead I guess)

That's pretty much exactly what I was proposing. As I said in Skype, I only mentioned samurai to get the idea across. It's essentially quick draw going through a stunned opponent, then they like burst into flames or explode or something.

I like both of these ideas. Though the second one is what he does in PM if you full charge quick draw. They don't explode but it works the same.

Gold_TSG

I don't play or care about PM and I'd prefer seeing it done here, TBH.

NEWB

We should be able to use it if we animate the shirt out of it though right? If ours looke better and stuff, there should be no dispute.

We should be justified in taking certain things from pm btw if they do anything with pichu :)