Suggestion for Ike's NSM counter

Discussion in 'Ike' started by Gold_TSG, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Gold_TSG

Gold_TSG Can't stop The Dorf Train.

Main:
    Why not a neat alternate version of quick draw instead of this wonky combo thing or eruption? Make it slash through them like how samurai do it in those epic duels you often see in stuff like anime. Doesn't even need to be broken strong, but an awesome extension to his counter in NSM.

2. Pin Clock

Pin Clock Project Leader Minus Backroom

I'm thinking of something like this move here but with fire instead of Ice, is that what you're proposing?

Ike isn't really a Samurai-like character, he's more of a brute swordsman of medieval times. I mean both FE reps are, but Ike is more brute swordsman than Marth.

3. Kien

Kien A Meaningless Circle Minus Backroom

Main:
    I like the sound of that to be honest.

4. Bent 00

Bent 00 Longtime Limit Breaker

B- FC:
    1461-6025-1473
  5. Bio_liquid0

Bio_liquid0 New Member

Main:
    An aesthetic change for his N.S.M counter could be a really brutal 3-hit sword swipe into Overhead slam with his sword. I got this idea after watching his victory pose where he swings his sword around before propping it up on his shoulder. Using those slashes (with minor edits I guess?) we could have it lead into the Sidesmash with Eruptions explosion?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  6. Gold_TSG

Main:
    That's pretty much exactly what I was proposing. As I said in Skype, I only mentioned samurai to get the idea across. It's essentially quick draw going through a stunned opponent, then they like burst into flames or explode or something.

7. Kien

Kien A Meaningless Circle Minus Backroom

Main:
    I like both of these ideas. Though the second one is what he does in PM if you full charge quick draw. They don't explode but it works the same.

8. Gold_TSG

Main:
    I don't play or care about PM and I'd prefer seeing it done here, TBH.

9. NEWB

NEWB New Member

We should be able to use it if we animate the shirt out of it though right? If ours looke better and stuff, there should be no dispute.

We should be justified in taking certain things from pm btw if they do anything with pichu :)