Samus

Glyph

+1 to changing nair to the current fair and reinstating the old fair. Not super keen on extending fair unless we edit the hits to knock away, which would make the extension pointless. As is the first hits are designed to hold them in the move and knock away with the last one, so extending it would just mean you'd lock someone up in it for as long as you could for a bunch of free damage.

I won't say that I'm HAPPY to see nair go, but its a lot less useful in the build we have now than the old fair was.

NEWB

I don't want to Nair go becuz it was so good in her last build. I guess it can be removed if it doesn't work with this one.

Somehow, I feel like old fair should go on Nair instead of new fair. This would give you freer movement on her old fair if the input was only a. New fair has a fixed direction mostly and would feel more natural to me on fair still.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
NEWB said:
I don't want to Nair go becuz it was so good in her last build. I guess it can be removed if it doesn't work with this one.

Somehow, I feel like old fair should go on Nair instead of new fair. This would give you freer movement on her old fair if the input was only a. New fair has a fixed direction mostly and would feel more natural to me on fair still.

That's what I was proposing. Making old Fair into new Nair. and Screw Fair stays fair. New Nair would be the combo extender with the same hitboxes as old Nair.

NEWB

Is there anyway old Nair can be kept? If she loses it, she suffers the weakness of not being able to have an immediate attack to hit melee characters away in the air.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i agree that it should be a version of up b that gets used as input... like A+B for the short screw attack, in ANY direction, but has a little bit of endlag to make you have a fixed fall, or refresh or something so you can't just spam it straight up... ... maybe side and up A+B will do screw attack, and down A+B will be spider ball pound, like yoshi's down B... ...something like that???

Saradi

I could picture Samus having her screw attack as her nair but without forward momentum.
It could hit very similar to her current nair in terms of its initial and lingering hit. And the move would continue if you held A and it would just continue the weak hitbox (Similar to Wario's dair, but maybe not multi-hitting).

I also completely second bringing back Samus's old bombs. These new power bombs are cool and all but are practically useless compared to the old.

NEWB

WHY HASNT ANYTHING BEEN DONE TO ADDRESS HER???????

The caps are for shock not rage.

If not for pichu, she is the worst character in minus and needs so much help. Do I need to outline everything that's wromg with her again? The fact that she lost new fair for 2.6 fair as is tells me that the devs have no idea what to do here.... 2.6 fair doesn't work on this moveset and she has just lost her recovery.....

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'm no super-player...but worst character in minus is a bit much imo.
I like the forward screw attack too.
But still...a bit much?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
If multi-hit fair connected better as a combo move love her usmash, it'd be pretty awesome.

Wait til the coming release before you judge btw. Just sayin.

NEWB

I know, but there isn't much to do while we wait. I was waiting but got impatient. I'm not too optimistic though about it. We don't really know anything about this release.

I say she is worst cuz she has pretty much no combos, or they are hard to do and not rewarding.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Hard to do --> rewarding. I can't do them myself, for I've never been a good Samus, vBrawl or Minus. Never took the time to practice. However, I've encountered one or two skillful Samuses, and they can combo well. Perhaps she has a higher learning curve. I'll try her out next time I play.

Gold_TSG

I really think you need more patience when it comes to free mods that are being worked on when there is time by people giving up their free time to provide you with these mods. I mean come the hell on here. You aren't shelling out money here, so you don't really have the right to be impatient about the release they're trying to solidify and iron out so it's not another disaster like the initial 3.3 release was.

NEWB

What? No, I'm not dong anything like that! I'm just passing the time. You guys don't want a community anymore that makes suggestions?

If you guys don't have the time, then just say so! That is a perfectly acceptable answer.

And to be fair, I would shell out money. Why do you get to say we are ungrateful when we are? You guys do an amazing job. Absolutely spectacular! Minus is my favorite version of brawl. I want minus to be as widely known as pm and am constantly sad it isn't. Need I say more?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

Suggestions have nothing to do with it dude. You just said you got impatient with waiting. You know today is the supposed release day, so wait until this comes out to see what they did to Samus before you go off about 2.6 Samus. The team does, in fact, look over community suggestions, they just don't always respond to every topic because they don't always have the time to go over how they feel. That's what they do in the BR.

I'm not saying you're being ungrateful per say, I'm just the type that gets a bit miffed when I see people say they're getting impatient, is all. No offense intended.

NEWB

I know where you are coming from, but impatience is unavoidable. It's summer now for some of us, and we aren't doing much unless you are a lucky bastard that got Mario kart 8 early.

I'm just saying that I shouldn't feel bad for being excited. And as someone who cares about the game, I shouldn't feel bad for having concerns.

NEWB

Her 2.6 missiles used to do that. Now they just suck balls and hardly classify as being disruptive. They used to be useful and disruptive, but they lost usefulness for better lock on. Just an example of something that was changed and made her worse. Hopefully this gets back in today!

Your talking about her upsmash, right? That is a fine kill move and should stay that way.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i think i'll wait for the new release to, but suggestions that may not have been thought of are always cool :) minus is all about being original, after-all
on terms of samus, i think the power bomb thing would be nicer if it was a timer based charge, and was much stronger or faster to explode... then, a "zero charge" bomb would use the regular bombs that are in V Brawl.. don't know if this helps her balancing, but spamming a whole bunch of power bombs (which were known to orignally clear the whole screen) everywhere so quickly doesn't seem to make as much sense xP ...plus, it'd be nice to be able to plant power bombs as a kill move after it's ready would be a little more rewarding... alternatively, it could show up after a certain amount of cannon based moves, like charge shots and missiles, or FSmash / USmash, or FAir or DAir, etc...

EDIT: i think the missiles changing with a taunt (probably with the one that looks like she's inspecting her gun) could give it the variety Samus players should have... maybe make it alternatively do just aura damage, but have chance to freeze, or make it able to freeze only at high percentages... either way, it'd be best for the freeze to have a very short duration, so it's just used for combos... or maybe even the stun that Lucas's PK Freeze has..?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

I know where you are coming from, but impatience is unavoidable. It's summer now for some of us, and we aren't doing much unless you are a lucky bastard that got Mario kart 8 early.

I'm just saying that I shouldn't feel bad for being excited. And as someone who cares about the game, I shouldn't feel bad for having concerns.

I'm far from saying you shouldn't be excited. All I'm saying is, put yourself in the shoes of the devs. They have a deadline, and things may or may not be going wrong while they finalize for the release (like unexpected crashing/crashing they couldn't quite fix yet). They're trying their best to get things done by that deadline, and they come here and see people saying they are getting impatient for the release. It puts very unnecessary pressure on them.

NEWB

Why should you care that I'm impatient? I'm a nobody that doesn't understand the complexities and issues you deal with. My word doesn't mean anything in that regard. So what if I'm impatient? It's not gonna make things work faster and you shouldn't be pushing yourselves beyond what is capable. Unexpected things happen. You shouldn't feel bad about that.

If I were you, I'd suggest not going online at all except for telling us that everything is running smoothly or apologize for an unexpected delay. That pressure is coming from you. You need to take everything with a grain of salt and keep on doing what needs to be done, especially if you are happy to do it.

But of course, I don't know anything.

Other Aether

Mediator
Well... considering the really low startup of both of those Fairs, I'd imagine your reaction time would have to be extremely on-point to perform the move you want 100% of the time.
Well, since the recovery fAir is almost always just used for recovery... Why not just make it so that you tap for the screw attack fAir and hold for the more vBrawl-ish fAir? Using the C-stick will use the tap version, so just use the C-stick for recovery and it works.

On a more present note, I feel that Samus' attacks are too laggy and don't flow into each other. For instance, her missiles start out slow enough that they're impossible not to avoid. Here's an idea: Have her missiles start faster, and have them hit backwards at a low-ish angle. This might sound strange, but think of all the combo starter potential of having a projectile that hits people towards you! Change her dTilt to something less... out there. Make it be a huge explosion, but give it normal start-up lag and everything. Give her mines enormous explosions (between Bob-omb and Smart Bomb size) that are difficult to avoid. fTilt needs to be faster, for combos. fSmash needs either more range, more KB, more speed, or multiples of those. Maybe give her her old Melee Extended Homing Grapple Grab again? That thing was amazing (source: I'm a dedicated Spamus main in Melee, and I love mix-ups with it. Just make it quicker to activate, maybe a taunt...)

Gold_TSG

I've actually brought up the long homing grapple to a dev already. I'm hoping it's even possible, cause that shit was awesome.