Rockridge TAB presents: Goodbye Summer!

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
On August 23 there will be a Melee, Project M, and Minus double elimination tournaments at the Rockridge library in Oakland. Goes From 11-5.
Its completely free to enter and Minus will have a $15 gamestop giftcard prize. (tried to get a prize for every game but it wasn't up to me.)
There will be free food and drinks.
*Pleaaaassee bring Wii's, GameCubes and CRT's*
The rules For PM and Melee are standard fare.
Minus rules:
4 stocks, No items, 8 minutes.
Stagelist:
Neutral
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island
Counterpick (NEW)
- Distant Planet
- Dream (?) Greens
- Fountain of Dreams
- Halberd
- Lavender Town
- Lylat Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium
- Rumble Falls
- Skyworld
- Temple
- Wario Ware, Inc.
- Yoshi's Story
Also if I could get someone to help TO and stuff, that'd be Gucci
There will be henna and board games on the side if you're waiting to play and stuff.
This event is 18+

Glyph

Sorry Baby Sneak, looks like you're gonna have to sit this one out.

But so will I since its pretty far away. Looks hella hype though!

Thor

There's no need to make the event 18+ unless there will be alcohol (At which point it should be 21+) or unless you hate people under 18. Turning away people until they're 18 just turns them off to the game, which makes the scene smaller. And if someone is actually causing a problem, you can just kick them out of the venue, but not giving them a chance is just lame.

And, technically, you'd have to turn away Nairo if he wanted to play Brawl- or another event, which is a really REALLY stupid idea. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Nairo The guy is amazing, but you'd turn him away because he's 17 (if he was somehow in Oakland at the time)? That's just lame dude.

Then again, run tournaments how you want to run them - I'm only 18 myself, but I can say MN has had tournaments where a 14-year old takes 3rd in teams (teamed with an AI) because he's good. Age does not determine skill, so I don't understand why you'd turn away 17-year olds, but if you have your reasons...

Thor

Oh, makes SO much more sense now.

Also I'm not really a fan of breaking rules, but I can see why you'd let over 15 slide (that rule is kind of lame, and there doesn't appear to be a good reason behind it).

Good luck running the tournament.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Bah, I wish I actually lived near some of these events.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Fixed.

@MegaSaturn99 DUDE I CAN HOUSE YOU
Probably not this time as I'll be moving my sister in almost full time but I will also be there during Christmas...

And if my mother isn't anally over-protective...

That would be awesome.