• Hyes!

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
HEY, YOU!
YEAH, YOU!

ARE YOU TIRED OF HAVING YOUR MINUS BE RIDDLED WITH NERFS?!

DOES THE SIGHT OF SEEING YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER GET NERFED MAKE YOU ILL?!

WELL LOOK NO FURTHER BECAUSE...

MAX MODE IS HERE!!!

If you have a suggestion for what you want to see in this exciting, tourney-illegal mode, leave it down below!

(Note: While most ideas are fair game, the game still has to be playable.
Some ideas that aren't going to be considered include but are not limited to:
-Infinite Jumps
-Infinite or Near Infinite Invincibility
-Disjoints that defy reason (Think Jigg's B-Air but with three times the range. Don't do that)
-Things that literally break the game
-Nerfs
As long as your idea doesn't fall into any if these or any other category not listed, there's a good chance it could be MAX Mode.)

Leave a suggestion and thank you for your time!

EDIT: Thank you Pin Clock for also saying that changes made to characters shouldn't make them "[insert move here] the Character." That's fun for no one.

EDIT 2: While this is a feature that will becoming soon™, it is NOT the highest priority. Good normal gameplay right now is what we're aiming for and we intend for MAX Mode to just be a fun side mode.

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Is this the same mode that is planned for a future official release, which toggles all fighters to the strongest forms they've ever been in Minus?

If so, is the "cap" that these forms must have been in official releases, and can't be any stronger than that, or are those old forms just a baseline?

Definitely put Ikecopter and No Sympathy Mode back on Ike. Triple Laser R.O.B., Fast Mortal Draw Link...

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Is this the same mode that is planned for a future official release, which toggles all fighters to the strongest forms they've ever been in Minus?

If so, is the "cap" that these forms must have been in official releases, and can't be any stronger than that, or are those old forms just a baseline?

There is no "cap" for MAX Mode changes.

The base line for characters in MAX Mode is their best traits from other versions of Minus combined.

The purpose of this thread is to tell what traits to look out for and other things you would like to see (can be something completely new) in MAX Mode.

Any NEW ideas must fit within the parameters.

If there are any old ideas that you don't want to see get the shaft, put it in here so that we can remember it.

Feel free to express things that you want to see make a return.
New ideas are very much welcome as well.

EDIT: Any old ideas that break the game may or may not be considered. That's still up in the air.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Basically the game still has to be playable.
Absurdly Powerful Ideas? Go right on ahead!
Ideas that make the game "literally do this same input over and over and over and there's no counter to it whatsoever so the mode becomes boring to play"/enable infinite stall? ....Probably not.

AGentleStar

Video Editor
Does Brawl Zeus count as a Minus version? Because if so, I'd love to see Fox and Falco's ultimate moves make it in. Once they reach 150%, they can prime their infinite using any throw and then initiate it with down taunt. They take 60ish% damage, but they can stop time for ten seconds, allowing them to rack up their opponent's percent.

This may just be because I'm a fan of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or maybe the fact that I main Falco in Zeus. I dunno. I just really like this ultimate. You could even add a quirk to it to where if they press uptaunt-downtaunt-uptaunt, they could summon the landmaster to crush the opponent! WRRYYYYY!!! Not everyone likes Jojo's, so I understand if this seems a bit much.

Currently, I don't have a lot of freetime. However, I would like to get into PSA modding. While most of my ideas are either ridiculous or overpowered, I feel they'd fit at home in this mod. idk, maybe someday. :nesmk:

MelonKeepR

I think it'd be cool if Sonic's down b/side b + dash attack either broke shield or did a bunch of shield damage. This would be like his spin attack in Sonic: The Fighters which can break like 3 blocks at once.

Edit: Oh and it'd be nice if Lucario got aura sphere cancel like in PM, too. Wouldn't be terribly useful without the on-hit cancel system, but it'd be nice to have either way.

Last edited:

Jankoe

"ICs are good I swear guys"
Playtester
Can we bring back vBrawl grab releases?

I honestly just see them as another throw that's more situational, I understand why they were removed(mostly invalidated a few characters) but it's MAX mode and we can have these broken vBrawl options

Thor

I think it'd be cool if Sonic's down b/side b + dash attack either broke shield or did a bunch of shield damage. This would be like his spin attack in Sonic: The Fighters which can break like 3 blocks at once.

Edit: Oh and it'd be nice if Lucario got aura sphere cancel like in PM, too. Wouldn't be terribly useful without the on-hit cancel system, but it'd be nice to have either way.

Breaking shields with Boost?

IT'S TIME TO STOP!

[But, there is an old patch where Boost had a hitbox... I think the file for it is in one of the downloads, it's one of the test or beta patches IIRC.]

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I request my Boost-Powered Falcon -- currently in Beta 1.01 -- for MAX mode, if it doesn't make it into regular mode.

I hoped to see it accepted into regular Minus, but if that's not happening, then MAX mode is better than nothing...

I am willing to tweak BPF as needed to get it into official Minus, but the Devs don't seem to be very interested, thus this request.

BPF isn't nearly as strong as some of the other fighters are going to be in MAX, but it's a start...

Last edited:

MelonKeepR

I request my Boost-Powered Falcon -- currently in Beta 1.01 -- for MAX mode, if it doesn't make it into regular mode.

I hoped to see it accepted into regular Minus, but if that's not happening, then MAX mode is better than nothing...

I am willing to tweak BPF as needed to get it into official Minus, but the Devs don't seem to be very interested, thus this request.

BPF isn't nearly as strong as some of the other fighters are going to be in MAX, but it's a start...
I've never actually used Boost-Powered Falcon, but I'd love to see it in MAX mode.

Oh, right, forgot about that part.

Anyway, here are my suggestions:
  • Bring back Yoshi's super-fast dash grab.
  • Replace Hylian Shield with the Mirror Shield.
  • Make everyone's fsmash reflect projectiles, not just Ness's and Lucas's.
  • Make Wizard's Foot keep going as long as Ganondorf holds B.
  • Allow canceling Quick Draw into anything on the ground.
  • Give Falco's nair a windbox, like his fsmash except weaker.
  • Make Zelda's usmash last as long as she holds A. Or if that's too much, do that for dsmash instead. (Either way, the move should stop once it hits someone.)
  • Add an explosion whenever PSI Magnet absorbs a projectile.
  • Decrease the time it takes Snake to pull a motion sensor bomb (like Kirby in 4.0bc).
  • If Peach holds B while pulling a vegetable, slow the animation but give a guaranteed Mr. Saturn. (As one viewer put it, "never shielding again.")
  • Decrease the delay between when Pit pulls an arrow and when he's allowed to aim upwards.
  • Mario should throw three fireballs in midair.
  • Allow Luigi to trip at any point in his dash attack. (Or at least at the start of the move. The important thing is to let him trip out of a dash.)
  • Allow canceling Bowser Bomb into other specials.
  • If Bowser lands during Galactic Crusher, instantly cancel into Royal Rampage.
  • Bring back Super Missile's delayed freeze explosion.
  • Make Rock Smash's armor start sooner.
  • Dedede's crouch should heal him over time.
  • Allow G&W's bucket to catch any projectile.
  • Give G&W's dtilt a windbox, like in Smash 4.
  • Ike shouldn't slow down when airdodging out of Quick Draw. (This will help him approach through walls of projectiles.)
  • Make Chomp's hitbox break shields. (The trick is to avoid grabbing them first.)
  • Bring back Link's super-powered item throws.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Oh, right, forgot about that part.

Anyway, here are my suggestions:
  • Decrease the time it takes Snake to pull a motion sensor bomb (like Kirby in 4.0bc).
  • Decrease the delay between when Pit pulls an arrow and when he's allowed to aim upwards.
These two sound like suggestions for regular Minus rather than MAX Mode

I assumed the slow motion sensor pull was intended. (It's still barely fast enough to pull two.)

As for MAX, how about these?
  • Make Snake start pulling motion sensors after the first grenade, not the second.
  • Make Pit shoot a full-speed arrow in addition to the slow arrow when he aims upwards.
  • Make Pit shoot a full-speed arrow plus a slow arrow no matter which way he aims, but only if he charges for at least half a second.

MelonKeepR

Make it possible for Ness to cancel neutral-b while the projectile is still out - but do not allow him the ability to use more than one PK flash at once. In regular Minus, if the neutral-b is interrupted, the projectile continues and explodes when it hits the floor. If Ness were able to manually exit his neutral-b, it'd be pretty sick. I'm not entirely sure how Lucas' neutral-b works, but if it's the same way, he could have this, too.