Request Thread for Brawl Minus 4.2!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pin Clock, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Survivian

Survivian The Rando-Est of Brandos Minus Backroom

B- FC:
    3957-3720-8220
    Main:
    A suggestion that was floating around in the Discord was to keep Deku Nuts random, but have the pull on a variable where you know when your next pull is gonna be a Nut.

Kinda like how G&W’s Judge in PM tells you whether it’s going to be even or odd, when Link pulls a bomb, the game will tell him with a graphical effect if the next pull is gonna be a Deku Nut.

From there (and this is just me adding on), if you held B, you can hold onto the Deku Nut for the next pull, and just tapping B would bring it out.

It undoes that timer nonsense that’s in 4.1, but it also allows the randomness to be worked around.

It’d kinda be like storing a misfire in PM with Luigi.

2. Kymaera K1ng

Kymaera K1ng A PMCC player

B- FC:
    3570-8243-0813
    Main:
    I think i'd prefer the 64 upsmash for falcon, but why is it an issue again? what's wrong with the one he has?

On another note, I'd really like the pikachu up b cancel to be reconsidered. I think canceling the endlag of both the direct land and the stall landing into jab is way to powerful. Jab is a 2 frame move that trips and is +1 on shield. I don't think the jab is all to powerful in itself, but QA jab seems like questionable design.

I personally still think that jump cancel is the best option, but I have an open mind about it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    AGentleStar likes this.
  3. AGentleStar

AGentleStar Video Editor

B- FC:
    1337-4418-6158
    Main:
    I totally agree. However, I feel I should mention jab only trips sometimes. It's random. If you wanna follow up after tripping an opponent, you better not jab again. Otherwise, they will instantly stand back up.

4. Kymaera K1ng

B- FC:
    3570-8243-0813
    Main:
    The jab tip trips 100% i think? I can do a tas infinite with jab -> footstool -> QA down and loop, and it's never messed up. maybe the move has 2 hitboxes?

5. unrelatedisme123

unrelatedisme123 Minusaur Playtester

B- FC:
    3828-5241-4048
    Main:
    I agree, they should make it like PM Luigi misfire

6. AGentleStar

AGentleStar Video Editor

B- FC:
    1337-4418-6158
    Main:
    I'd love to see this. If there really are two hitboxes and only one of them trips, then I don't see why bother keeping both.

7. Kymaera K1ng

B- FC:
    3570-8243-0813
    Main:
    Ok, I'll do that right now. Time for shit video quality!

AGentleStar likes this.
  8. dev1

dev1 New Member

Main:
    Nerf luigi

9. Kymaera K1ng

B- FC:
    3570-8243-0813
    Main:
    Could you please elaborate or explain? Your post wasn't exactly helpful.

10. Brosiyeah

Brosiyeah Talentless

B- FC:
    3012-4793-2898
    Main:
    Hey, I was playing some Lucario vs Mewtwo and I noticed that when it comes to a fully charged Aura Sphere vs a Shadow Ball, Shadow Ball always wins, continuing on as if nothing had happened. I think they collide, they should both be destroyed. So uh, basically, please nerf Mewtwo's Shadow ball

Bent 00 likes this.
  11. player_03

player_03 P3

Main:
    That was in Mewtwo's reveal trailer. Pretty sure it's intentional.

Actually, I'm guessing it's an unavoidable side-effect of Shadow Ball piercing through enemies, and they decided that piercing enemies was more important than clanking with Aura Sphere.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Darxmarx likes this.
  12. Darxmarx

Darxmarx The Learning Star Warrior

B- FC:
    5117-0129-8473
    Main:
    I believe the effect is completely intentional. They intended Shadow Ball to beat out every other projectile, when possible for a collision to occur.

Pin Clock likes this.
  13. Pin Clock

Pin Clock Project Leader Minus Backroom

Since the release date of 4.2 was announced, I will be locking this thread and putting all requests in Pending to be answered later!

Slendee64 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.