Request Thread for Brawl Minus 4.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
A suggestion that was floating around in the Discord was to keep Deku Nuts random, but have the pull on a variable where you know when your next pull is gonna be a Nut.

Kinda like how G&W’s Judge in PM tells you whether it’s going to be even or odd, when Link pulls a bomb, the game will tell him with a graphical effect if the next pull is gonna be a Deku Nut.

From there (and this is just me adding on), if you held B, you can hold onto the Deku Nut for the next pull, and just tapping B would bring it out.

It undoes that timer nonsense that’s in 4.1, but it also allows the randomness to be worked around.

It’d kinda be like storing a misfire in PM with Luigi.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
I think i'd prefer the 64 upsmash for falcon, but why is it an issue again? what's wrong with the one he has?

On another note, I'd really like the pikachu up b cancel to be reconsidered. I think canceling the endlag of both the direct land and the stall landing into jab is way to powerful. Jab is a 2 frame move that trips and is +1 on shield. I don't think the jab is all to powerful in itself, but QA jab seems like questionable design.

I personally still think that jump cancel is the best option, but I have an open mind about it.

Last edited:

AGentleStar

Video Editor
I think i'd prefer the 64 upsmash for falcon, but why is it an issue again? what's wrong with the one he has?

On another note, I'd really like the pikachu up b cancel to be reconsidered. I think canceling the endlag of both the direct land and the stall landing into jab is way to powerful. Jab is a 2 frame move that trips and is +1 on shield. I don't think the jab is all to powerful in itself, but QA jab seems like questionable design.

I personally still think that jump cancel is the best option, but I have an open mind about it.
I totally agree. However, I feel I should mention jab only trips sometimes. It's random. If you wanna follow up after tripping an opponent, you better not jab again. Otherwise, they will instantly stand back up.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
I totally agree. However, I feel I should mention jab only trips sometimes. It's random. If you wanna follow up after tripping an opponent, you better not jab again. Otherwise, they will instantly stand back up.
The jab tip trips 100% i think? I can do a tas infinite with jab -> footstool -> QA down and loop, and it's never messed up. maybe the move has 2 hitboxes?

unrelatedisme123

Minusaur
Playtester
A suggestion that was floating around in the Discord was to keep Deku Nuts random, but have the pull on a variable where you know when your next pull is gonna be a Nut.

Kinda like how G&W’s Judge in PM tells you whether it’s going to be even or odd, when Link pulls a bomb, the game will tell him with a graphical effect if the next pull is gonna be a Deku Nut.

From there (and this is just me adding on), if you held B, you can hold onto the Deku Nut for the next pull, and just tapping B would bring it out.

It undoes that timer nonsense that’s in 4.1, but it also allows the randomness to be worked around.

It’d kinda be like storing a misfire in PM with Luigi.
I agree, they should make it like PM Luigi misfire

AGentleStar

Video Editor
The jab tip trips 100% i think? I can do a tas infinite with jab -> footstool -> QA down and loop, and it's never messed up. maybe the move has 2 hitboxes?
I'd love to see this. If there really are two hitboxes and only one of them trips, then I don't see why bother keeping both.

Brosiyeah

Talentless
Hey, I was playing some Lucario vs Mewtwo and I noticed that when it comes to a fully charged Aura Sphere vs a Shadow Ball, Shadow Ball always wins, continuing on as if nothing had happened. I think they collide, they should both be destroyed. So uh, basically, please nerf Mewtwo's Shadow ball

That was in Mewtwo's reveal trailer. Pretty sure it's intentional.

Actually, I'm guessing it's an unavoidable side-effect of Shadow Ball piercing through enemies, and they decided that piercing enemies was more important than clanking with Aura Sphere.

Last edited:

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I believe the effect is completely intentional. They intended Shadow Ball to beat out every other projectile, when possible for a collision to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.