Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax!

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
You're fine. There's always a guy like me who just spews stuff out without having anything to back it up. I'm just saying that Pokemon and Fire Emblem are really good. To some people. I personally don't like Pokemon all that much. And I just realized how hard I just contradicted myself.

I...I can't tell if you were replying at me out of actual anger or what on that one post :( I mean, Pokemon and Fire Emblem are popular but when I bring up JRPGs, I'm thinking of stuff like Dragon Quest and Tales of series.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
...I've been procrastinating about adding you guys to PSN because I'm too lazy to hook up my PS3 and I realized I should just use my Vita for it. So you should have friend requests waiting for you. Also anyone with a Vita (Which I doubt anyone else has) should go play Danganronpa. I actually wanted to hack my Vita to play emulators but I couldn't find a helpful enough guide for my current firmware :(

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
Have original on the X-BAX 360 NO-SCOPE. Still have to get the new one. o-o;

JRPGs aren't for everyone. I mean, everyone loves Persona 3 and I couldn't stand it. And before anyone lynches me, I didn't like the repetitiveness of Tartarus, ok? :(
Friend, I think you're underestimating what side you're on. Persona 3 is my favorite, and I know maybe one or two other people who prefer it to Persona 4. Everyone else I've talked to has said exactly what you said and prefers Persona 4.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Have original on the X-BAX 360 NO-SCOPE. Still have to get the new one. o-o;

Friend, I think you're underestimating what side you're on. Persona 3 is my favorite, and I know maybe one or two other people who prefer it to Persona 4. Everyone else I've talked to has said exactly what you said and prefers Persona 4.

Then add me to the list because I'm one of those Persona 4 lovers and I actually bothered to beat it. I wanted to like Persona 3, I really did because I knew the plot was gonna be amazing later on but Tartarus just got so repetitive and grindy I got sick of it. And at least with P4 I was already grinding by exploring. Tartarus was just the same square rooms over and over which didn't have the same feeling to me.

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
Then add me to the list because I'm one of those Persona 4 lovers and I actually bothered to beat it. I wanted to like Persona 3, I really did because I knew the plot was gonna be amazing later on but Tartarus just got so repetitive and grindy I got sick of it. And at least with P4 I was already grinding by exploring. Tartarus was just the same square rooms over and over which didn't have the same feeling to me.
I just found Persona 4 to be far too easy for me. I rather liked Tartarus and Persona 3 because you couldn't just grind until you were 10 levels higher than the next boss, with the exhaustion trait and the Reaper that hunted your party down if you dawdled on a floor for too long. Persona 4 removed most of that, and yeah the dungeons were different in music and beat, but they still were the same for me. At least Tartarus kind of made sense to be all the same in terms of the underlying complexity of the plot and story. Persona 4 didn't have much of an impact on me like Persona 3 did. To each their own, I suppose

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
I just found Persona 4 to be far too easy for me. I rather liked Tartarus and Persona 3 because you couldn't just grind until you were 10 levels higher than the next boss, with the exhaustion trait and the Reaper that hunted your party down if you dawdled on a floor for too long. Persona 4 removed most of that, and yeah the dungeons were different in music and beat, but they still were the same for me. At least Tartarus kind of made sense to be all the same in terms of the underlying complexity of the plot and story. Persona 4 didn't have much of an impact on me like Persona 3 did. To each their own, I suppose

I'd probably give P3 a better chance if grinding didn't feel so boring because all the EXP you get is paltry amounts. So I dunno.

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
Oh dayum. Add me Tanatoast. Xbox lyfe 5-ever. You getting the new one on PS or Xbox?
I plan on nabbing it on the X-Box simply because a good friend of mine has it on her X-box as well. I'll add you when I can!

I'd probably give P3 a better chance if grinding didn't feel so boring because all the EXP you get is paltry amounts. So I dunno.
I suppose. That was another reason I found P4 so easy and kind of a turn-off. I personally like a bit of grinding in my gaming, and you can get around a lot of it with the cards you get and by training in the upper floors! ^w^

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
So I finally got P4U via PSN but it's taking forever to download...I wonder what the current tier lies is with the console online characters included :/ I should warn people, if you play me online expect me to suck for a while, I'm out of practice and don't know who to use right now other than maybe Yukiko who I was alright with on P4A.

I like the Shoes a lot. Persona Shoe feels much better than PLess Shoe but they both feel solid. Meanwhile I think Rise fights super weird but I wanna try learning her :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: