Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
It was kinda eating the Smash 4 discussion thread (my bad) so I figured I should make a thread for Ultimax, the sequel to Persona 4 Arena!

Who is your favorite character/main? What new characters do you like the most? Did you remember to grab the DLC characters; Adachi, Marie, and Margaret? I've been a Yukiko main since Arena came out, and still trying to stick with her despite her still being in the bottom 5. Yukari's caught my eye as an interesting character though, Marie as well to a degree, but I'll see what Maggie is like after I buy her.

We can also post PSNs so we can have a Brawl Minus P4U room sometime!

PSNs:
Pin Clock: Pin_Clock.
Thanatoast: BaylorDaPikachu
Windego: CaptainEXE

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
Haven't purchased it yet, but Aigis was my main in P4U, so she will probably carry over to P4U2 for me. I freakin' love Aigis~! <3 Speaking of which, we need an Aigis skin for Z-Samus. The Peach one on Brawl Vault doesn't feel right.
Ken definitely looks interesting, too. I wanna see how he works with Koromaru.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
My PSN is CaptainEXE and I've been using Yukiko on P4A but she gets destroyed by good rushdown :/ Otherwise, I wanna try using Sho in P4U. And from there just try out whoever. Maybe use Rise even though she looks like she fights weird lol

Also, is there a thread for sharing 3DS codes to play Smash 4 with Minus folks? I'd love to play you guys on it!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
There is indeed a match making thread for Smash 4, which is on the Super Smash Bros. discussion forum.

Sho or Minazuki? Sho seems interesting as a character without a Persona, and Minazuki is just straight up broke. Rise is interesting as the one newcomer that no one plays.

Got Margaret, and she feels different from everyone else, but certainly fun in her own way.

I'll add your PSNs to the OP.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
There is indeed a match making thread for Smash 4, which is on the Super Smash Bros. discussion forum.

Sho or Minazuki? Sho seems interesting as a character without a Persona, and Minazuki is just straight up broke. Rise is interesting as the one newcomer that no one plays.

Got Margaret, and she feels different from everyone else, but certainly fun in her own way.

I'll add your PSNs to the OP.

I wanna use both Shoes :D Although I'm interested in the Personaless one for some reason. I actually haven't seen a lot of vids of him though.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
but alas, I own the 360 version.
I am so sorry for you, all alone there.

What's Pesona Arena 4 Ultima or whatever?
Persona 4 Arena is a series of fighting games made in collaboration with Atlus (known for Shin Megami Tensei, Persona) and ArcSys (known for Guilty Gear, BlazBlue) based on the Persona series. The current game is Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
But Google is nothing compared to actual humans! Why stop now?
Seriously, I found...
1. That I was thinking of Dead or Alive. So many fanarts...
2. Persona...Well, to be honest...Doesn't look that good. I guess Japanese stuff isn't for me (except Fire Emblem).

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
You guys seem to know a thing or too about this fighting game. I myself don't know much about the fighting game but I know alot of the story of persona 3 and 4. (Even watched the animation) My question to you guys is if you guys think Adachi is any good. He was my favorite character in persona 4. He was always my favorite villain (spoiler?) and i'm curious if he is any good himself as a fighter. I rather just get you guys opinion than look at people play or look at tier lists.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
You guys seem to know a thing or too about this fighting game. I myself don't know much about the fighting game but I know alot of the story of persona 3 and 4. (Even watched the animation) My question to you guys is if you guys think Adachi is any good. He was my favorite character in persona 4. He was always my favorite villain (spoiler?) and i'm curious if he is any good himself as a fighter. I rather just get you guys opinion than look at people play or look at tier lists.

I've been told he's pretty damn good in P4U and possibly top tier. I think he looks like the Hazama of Persona 4 Ultimax so take that as you will if you've played Blazblue. I wanna use him when I get the game, I always play villains :)

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Oh good then. I'm a Hazama main. He'll fit right in with my team of nicely dressed villains. Good guys play too nice, it's the bad guys that put in work.
Also to state briefly so there is no confusion on it. Skullgirls isn't a game of just girls fighting. There is big band who might be a cyborg but is technically a guy. Along with another male character who is coming out soon who I can't remember.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Everyone likes Pokemon and it's a JRPG. Everyone who's heard of Fire Emblem likes it and it's more or less a JRPG. So yes, everyone likes JRPGs.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Everyone likes Pokemon and it's a JRPG. Everyone who's heard of Fire Emblem likes it and it's more or less a JRPG. So yes, everyone likes JRPGs.
Saying everyone likes something is always a bad idea. You know you can't account for EVERYONE. I know people who hate video games as a whole. Therefore they don't like Pokemon or Fire Emblem. And they sure don't like JRPGs.
And there's always jerks like me to tell you that what you said just isn't true. Sorry.:confused:

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
You're fine. There's always a guy like me who just spews stuff out without having anything to back it up. I'm just saying that Pokemon and Fire Emblem are really good. To some people. I personally don't like Pokemon all that much. And I just realized how hard I just contradicted myself.